How to insert two sims

Hi Guys

I have been trying to insert two sims but when I put two sims the tray cant fully go all the way and it sticks a tiny bit.

and then Pro1 only detect one sim, so I guess its because of tray not sitting in [properly.

So how I insert sims is:

first sim in the first sim slot facing corner on top

second sim in sd card slot, placed pretty much in the middle with corner facing bottom (other way around the first sim)

Both sims are facing gold upwards.

so can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong here?

Cheers

1 hour ago, kashif said:

Hi Guys

I have been trying to insert two sims but when I put two sims the tray cant fully go all the way and it sticks a tiny bit.

Have you tried using a hammer? 😁        (Sorry I couldn't help myself)

I haven't used two SIMS, but one SIM and a SD and it slides in all the way, seats and works.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

I've only tried using a microSD card so far, but AFAIK you usually need a nano SIM for the second slot, and you orient it in the same direction as your main SIM, using one edge of the micro SD slot to hold it.

owls-owls-owls-450x385.jpg

...also, if you are interested in also using a SD card as well as your SIMs, there is a possible hardware mod you can do to your second SIM so that you can stick it on top of a SD card.

owls-3.jpg

https://www.mobilefun.co.uk/blog/2016/03/how-to-enjoy-dual-sim-and-micro-sd-simultaneously-on-the-galaxy-s7/

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, kashif said:

But just to clarify, both sims inserted are of same type? i.e. nano sims?

They have to be small enough to fit in the SIM slots. Nowadays most phones use nano sim or even smaller, the older 'standard' size SIMs are too big.

You can use smaller, but you need an adapter.

s-l300.jpg

Edited by lameboyadvance
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, lameboyadvance said:

They have to be small enough to fit in the SIM slots. Nowadays most phones use nano sim or even smaller, the older 'standard' size SIMs are too big.

And actually the old 'standard' was officially named "mini" as the full sim was/is credit-card size (e.g. used by the old StarTacs). And most often when you get a new sim today you will recieve a nano in a micro in a mini in a full sim, that are nested like the Russian Babushka dolls.

sim_karte_small_neu2[1].png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, abielins said:

I never heard of them called that way!

These days they seem to be more often referred to as Matryoshka dolls, but Babushka is a proper name for them, and when I was younger (at least here in the US) it was a more common term.

• Like 1