Can't charge anymore?

17 minutes ago, david said:

Samsung's fast charging technology is different than qualcomm's quick charge.  I would have expected it to still charge, just not as fast.  I have a number of chargers here I can test and report back.

Yes, unfortunately there are a lot of protocols, and not all fall back in a smart way.

AFAIK the new PD does not fall back to other fast charge protocols. It could be that it is as stupid as licence issues - but that is just guessing...

It would be nice if the protocols were 'nested' so the device and charger just had to agree on the highest both supports.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Yes, unfortunately there are a lot of protocols, and not all fall back in a smart way.

AFAIK the new PD does not fall back to other fast charge protocols. It could be that it is as stupid as licence issues - but that is just guessing...

It would be nice if the protocols were 'nested' so the device and charger just had to agree on the highest both supports.

Yes, I don't think PD will fall back to others.  The latest QC will fall back to PD though, I believe.  But we are stuck with QC 3, so no PD support.

On 2/10/2020 at 1:36 PM, ncvb said:

Recently had an issue with charging, using two different Aukey chargers one with QC support, another without. Will post pictures later. 

Though I could not reproduce it every time, I managed to take photo's during one of the issue occurence. 

Phone was charging with 5.00V and 0.02-0.08A. On screen it appeared charging slowly, estimated time for full charge 1 day 17 hours. Battery was about 14%.

Did not manage to reproduce using stock charger. 

This happened both on Aukey PA-U32 and PA-T16. If you disconnect and connect back, it may start charging quickly.

DSC08520r.thumb.jpg.86a0950a5ba9887a64c78f904553fc51.jpgDSC08521r.thumb.jpg.63d9061332fd671fdad88ae4b1227321.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
40 minutes ago, D1ggs said:

Bump, noticing the same weirdness as the OP. Except, this is on the stock cable and charger.

Plugged it in at night, woke up with 48%. Tried different cables. 

Any reported solutions? 

Did you try other chargers?

Try rebooting?

Sorry, those are the only ideas, of the top of my head.

51 minutes ago, D1ggs said:

Don't mean to sound like a smart ass, but of course. First thing I did.

Always have to ask. :-)  But I understand the frustration too. 

Have you tried enabling the mode where it can charge when off and then powering it off and plugging it in?

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, david said:

Always have to ask. 🙂 But I understand the frustration too. 

Have you tried enabling the mode where it can charge when off and then powering it off and plugging it in?

Just did it after posting, I'll report back if it fixes it. 

16 minutes ago, D1ggs said:

For all the curious, changing the charging state and trying a different USB c cable seems to have solved the issue.

The original cable still works, but I'll just leave him in the desk for now. 

So do you think the charging state was the fix? Did you have to charge it when off, before it would charge when on? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, david said:

So do you think the charging state was the fix? Did you have to charge it when off, before it would charge when on? 

As a betting man, I put the blame on the cable. The charging state when off thing just makes functional sense. 

The cable still works, but it's been relegated to data only usage. Glad I bought a bunch of new cables from amazon before it got here. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
22 hours ago, D1ggs said:

As a betting man, I put the blame on the cable. The charging state when off thing just makes functional sense. 

The cable still works, but it's been relegated to data only usage. Glad I bought a bunch of new cables from amazon before it got here. 

Amazon is evil! Don't feed the devil!

• Confused 1