On 4/26/2020 at 7:47 PM, Craig said:

Alt+D would be nice to put cursor in address bar (like desktop browser).

I was wondering if a new shortcut is needed at all. In fact we already have F11 to toggle address bar, maybe that one should also focus it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started working on Fulguris Web Browser. It's primarily targeting F(x)tec Pro1. Now available on PlayStore for free.

Just published release v0.7.0.

Guess what, I just published release v0.7.1.

Posted Images

I was thinking a keyboard shortcut to open the tab list would be nice too.

Ctrl+Shift+T or Ctrl+L or both?

Maybe one to open the Bookmark list too. I must said I have hardly been using bookmarks thus far. I'm not sure how it is like. I'm all tabs instead.

Edited by Slion
6 minutes ago, Slion said:

Maybe one to open the Bookmark list too. I must said I have hardly been using bookmarks thus far. I'm not sure how it is like. I'm all tabs instead.

Yeah, given how I use a browser on a phone, Bookmarks aren't such a big deal despite my earlier post.  I keep things in tabs that I go to regularly and then search for any new needs. 

For tabs, best if it were a two key shortcut rather than three keys, so I would prefer Ctrl-L

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Slion said:

I like them to be similar to desktop firefox cuz that's what I'm already used to.  So ctrl-tab to see open tabs (and go thru them) and alt-b for bookmarks.   (I know you don't want to use alt tho).

But avoid 3-key chords if you can, no matter what you choose.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Hook said:

For tabs, best if it were a two key shortcut rather than three keys, so I would prefer Ctrl-L

Even though Ctrl+Shift is very easy and natural to achieve with your left thumb?

Edited by Slion
28 minutes ago, Slion said:

I was wondering if a new shortcut is needed at all. In fact we already have F11 to toggle address bar, maybe that one should also focus it.

Works for me.

edit: although that does mean you gotta tap it twice if the address bar is already on screen, cuz the first time will toggle it away

And I agree ctrl-shift is not difficult left thumb, if necessary.    But for tabs ctrl-tab is good anyway, no?

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Craig said:

But avoid 3-key chords if you can, no matter what you choose.

Normally I would totally agree but Ctrl+Shift is still a two fingers shortcut on Pro1.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Craig said:

edit: although that does mean you gotta tap it twice if the address bar is already on screen, cuz the first time will toggle it away

Indeed but that seems to be work well enough regardless. The address bar is mostly hidden anyway in landscape, with the default settings that is.

The issue that v0.7.2 was supposed to fix isn't. Most visible on bbc.com and bbc.com/news front pages. I'll try to sort it out shortly. It was introduced in v0.7.1. However most properly designed web sites won't be affected.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 1

Just published release v0.7.7.

If you have home screen shortcuts to Fulguris you will need to recreate them.
Hopefully it's fixing a nasty issue preventing to login to Google services.
You may need to set back your user agent to default if you had changed it trying to workaround that issue.

• Like 1

I dunno if its easy or hard to implement, and probably requires google services so you may not want it if you're writing this to not use those (havent paid attention).... but I'd love one of those microphone icons in the search field (like firefox/chrome).    Even tho I love my hardware keyboard, I still often use voice-to-text  (and then correct mistakes with hardware keyboard which is easier than virtual keyboard, especially thanks to arrow keys as i can never get the cursor exactly where I want it by finger!).    

I do realize there is a way to pull up the virtual keyboard and use mic from there, but that's awkward when using hardware keyboard, it's nice to have the mic icon right there already, and I've found it's a reason I keep opening firefox...

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, Craig said:

correct mistakes with hardware keyboard which is easier than virtual keyboard, especially thanks to arrow keys as i can never get the cursor exactly where I want it by finger!).    

A tangent, but you do know that with LOS you can get arrow keys for the software keyboard (in Portrait)-- the setting for it is in System/ buttons. Most AOSP ROMs have that feature and was a life saver all these previous years when I had no hardware keyboard.  The arrows appear on the nav bar when the soft keyboard is invoked.

Edited by Hook
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Craig said:

I dunno if its easy or hard to implement, and probably requires google services so you may not want it if you're writing this to not use those (havent paid attention).... but I'd love one of those microphone icons in the search field (like firefox/chrome).    Even tho I love my hardware keyboard, I still often use voice-to-text 

Nothing against Google services. It's possibly fairly easy to implement using that Speech Recognizer API. Thanks for the feedback. This one should definitely be implemented at some point but probably not so soon. I'll focus on consolidating the existing feature set before expanding. 

17 minutes ago, Craig said:

I ran into what may be an issue.

https://froggi.es/mario

It takes a minute to load.

Once the game loads, the sound is messed up, has a weird crackle.  And if sent to the background sounds like a fan/motor running or something.

Seems to work ok in firefox tho.

It's the same issue with Chrome. Fulguris is just using Chrome through Android WebView. Nothing I can do I'm afraid. Though it could be that the sound issues are specific to Pro1. You could ask the web app developer for better Chrome support.

weird.   I had to try it in chrome to confirm, and it won't even start in chrome for me.    Just sits there doing nothing.    sanity checked, firefox and fulguris still load it.

edit - I was just impatient, took forever, finally loaded in chrome, and yeah sound bad here too.  weird.

I don't particularly care about this web game, just reported it cuz I thought it might actually be a real issue that affects more than this game when I tried it after somebody shared a link.  If I wanted to play SMB64 for real on Pro¹ I'd use emulator like retroarch or mupen and play offline anyway, not a web version that I can't even customize controls with.   Left thumb is supposed to be for movement, right thumb for action buttons.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, hermite said:

@Slion could you add your app to F-Droid? Thanks.

Glad you like Fulguris. It could be a while until I get to publish it on F-Droid. Until then it's good old downloads I'm afraid.