Partial teardown guide

HINT: Clicking the images does nothing, BUT if you right click and select to open in a new tab, you get the images in a much higher resolution. Especially interesting with the (currently) last one where the battery and other stuff are visible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

HINT: Clicking the images does nothing, BUT if you right click and select to open in a new tab, you get the images in a much higher resolution. Especially interesting with the (currently) last one where the battery and other stuff are visible.

Good point! That's easy enough to fix though 🙂

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, gelraen.ua said:

No, they don't align with any of the screws in either position. My guess - leftovers from earlier revisions.

Are you sure? It is with slider in OPENED not closed position. When I look at the image just above the step 3 header, they look VERY aligned

image.thumb.png.b6cf81731fe7208d9f4d6fa125cdba81.png

8 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Are you sure? It is with slider in OPENED not closed position. When I look at the image just above the step 3 header, they look VERY aligned

image.thumb.png.b6cf81731fe7208d9f4d6fa125cdba81.png

Oh wow, you're right! 😄 You can actually see them align on a fully assembled phone too! Then, yeah, it's probably for easier access to those screws, although it seems a bit futile - removing the stickers that way would be hard, especially the middle one. But might've been handy on dev prototypes.

Edited by gelraen.ua
Just now, gelraen.ua said:

Oh wow, you're right! 😄 You can actually see them align on a fully assembled phone too! Then, yeah, it's probably for easier access to those screws, although it seems a bit futile - removing the stickers that way would be hard, especially the middle one.

Can't you just push away the stickers from the back? And the middle hole does not seem to have a sticker on mine (either).

My guess would be that their repair plan is to replace the stickers after service, so they could be more 'brutal' removing them, than we would prefer to be. I definitely would try that before messing with the hinge, if/when I need to open one.... 😇

• Like 1
5 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Can't you just push away the stickers from the back? And the middle hole does not seem to have a sticker on mine (either).

My guess would be that their repair plan is to replace the stickers after service, so they could be more 'brutal' removing them, than we would prefer to be. I definitely would try that before messing with the hinge, if/when I need to open one.... 😇

Good reminder I still need to send in my Pro1 for service, i'll mail Fxtec now.

5 hours ago, gelraen.ua said:

Oh wow, you're right! 😄 You can actually see them align on a fully assembled phone too! Then, yeah, it's probably for easier access to those screws, although it seems a bit futile - removing the stickers that way would be hard, especially the middle one. But might've been handy on dev prototypes.

Given what an aggravation it is to get the hinge detached, I'd be happy to lose a sticker or two if it came to that.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 year later...