Debounce the powerbutton

Anyone noticed issue with pressing the power button once registers as a double click? I have configured so double pressing the power button opens the camera (as the dedicated key is stuck with snapdragon camera app). Recently I have sporadic (but quite frequent) issues with the camera starting when I press to turn off the screen.

If it is software debounced, maybe the timing could be extended slightly?

• Like 3
15 hours ago, divstar said:

Me, too. I however didn't map anything to a "double-press". It just so often happens that when I try to power on from standby, the camera starts.

You can find the switch from Settings>System>Gestures>Jump to camera. It is on by default (I think).

On 6/25/2020 at 9:56 AM, hka said:

Anyone noticed issue with pressing the power button once registers as a double click? I have configured so double pressing the power button opens the camera (as the dedicated key is stuck with snapdragon camera app). Recently I have sporadic (but quite frequent) issues with the camera starting when I press to turn off the screen.

If it is software debounced, maybe the timing could be extended slightly?

You can remap long press of the camera button to launch any camera app with Keyboard/Button Mapper. However, that will disable normal press of that button so you can't use it for taking pictures (focusing still works).

10 hours ago, tdm said:

Of course I can only change that in lineage, stock is another matter.

Selfishly, that's all I care about.  I doubt I will ever go back to stock except to experiment.  😄

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Resurrecting this topic, I have been away from my pro1 for quite some time (got a Titan pocket and I preferred the size of that one). But now I went back to the pro1 due breaking the titan pocket -.-

Going back I took the time to change to LineageOs 19.1, I noticed I still have this same issue. Does anyone know if it is possible to configure some minimum time between presses of the powerbutton? Or is the only option still to just disable that shortcut?

• Thanks 2