PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion

23 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

Hi @Laska,

The keyboard driver for the Pro1 has been completely rewritten by @tdm when he did the original port of LineageOS.

The keymap file in LOS 16 is located in /sys/bus/i2c/drivers/aw9523b/6-0058/keymap. However, any changes to that file are not persistent across reboots.

If you have root, the easiest way to make changes persistent is the following:

1. Install the app Run Userinit from F-Droid. Execute Run-Userinit once and grant it root privilege.
  2. Next, place your modified keymap e.g. in /data/system/keyboard/keymap (you may have to create the "keyboard" folder first).
  3. Put an executable script named e.g. 01_install_keymap_mod.sh into /data/local/userinit.d/, with the following content:

#!/system/bin/sh
#
cp /data/system/keyboard/keymap /sys/bus/i2c/drivers/aw9523b/6-0058/

Now Run-Userinit should take care of overwriting the default keymap with your modified one at every boot.

Note that @tdm had actually intended keyboard modding to be more user-friendly. On the "keyboard" panel in Settings, you'll find an option named "Custom keymap" that should have automated copying of the keymap, as done above by our script.

Unfortunately, the function got broken somewhere along the way after LOS 16 had become official, and was finally fixed only in LOS 18.1. As further changes to keyboard handling had already been introduced add that point, backporting the patch to LOS16 seemed no longer trivial and I did not try it. If possible, get root for your LOS16 (I miss addonsu ...) and use the above boot-script method for automating this.

Yes, I'm rooted with Magisk so I think I can put scrpt in post-fs or service.d folder. But I don't understand content of this file -this is not lookng like .kl type file and I don't know how to remap keyboard with those codes.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am pleased to announce that the Pro1 has received official support in LineageOS 16.0.   You can find the builds and installation instructions on the official LineageOS Downloads page.

Lineage recovery will offer to install from sdcard if, and only if, a physical sdcard is present and it is able to be read without any decryption (eg. it is not used as adoptable storage).  

In my opinion LineageOS 16 was a very important OS for the Pro1 that brought the best out of the device at a moment when stock couldn't (yet) . Although not a developer, I can well imagine it also bro

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Laska said:

But I don't understand content of this file -this is not lookng like .kl type file and I don't know how to remap keyboard with those codes

@tdm's driver unfortunately does not come with much documentation outside the source code itself. @Sean McCreary has summarized things in a way I could not best:

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/3347-how-to-customize-the-keyboard-layout-on-lineageos-181/?do=findComment&comment=57526

In short:

The first column of the keymap is a decimal "key-number" specific to @tdm's driver. The next two columns are the hexadecimal Linux (not Android!) input codes to be generated by that key, either when pressed alone (second column), or together with the "Fn" (yellow arrow) modifier (third column).

Edited by claude0001
  • Thanks 2

So after some struggle I've returned to stock. After degoogle it's not bad, it's very fast and clean. And I can confirm now: time resets not happening on stock, even without SIM or any data connection. I've also checked it with my LG V50 -same thing, time and date is always correct.

The one problem with stock rom is audio recording, no matter if it's on video ir in only voice in dictaphone app, the sound have cutted higher frequencies.

Is there any fix for this? I'm ofcourse rooted.

Despite my previously announcing the opposite, I did it again. Here are updated builds of good-old LineageOS 16.0 for the SD835 Pro1 (QX1000):

https://findus.zwergenschaenke.net/~puma/linux.html#lineagepro1

The ROM dated "20240327" gives you all backported ASB fixes up to March 2024. As always, my build includes some local modifications specific to the Pro1, as documented in the patch tarball. These have not changed since last year.

Credit goes to @Laska for getting me to fire up my old Pro1 again. This made me realise how much LOS 16 was better suited for my use-case compared to recent versions of Android. In consequence, I bought another Pro1 (without defective keyboard) and plan to continue using it with LOS 16 for some time to come.

I'll continue to make updated builds with backported ASB patches as long as possible and make them available on my website above. However, considering that this forum is no longer publicly accessible (which is a pity), I doubt that it makes much sense to announce new builds here any more. Anyone knows what is the best place to publish information on the Pro1/Pro1-X now?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
22 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

Despite my previously announcing the opposite, I did it again. Here are updated builds of good-old LineageOS 16.0 for the SD835 Pro1 (QX1000):

https://findus.zwergenschaenke.net/~puma/linux.html#lineagepro1

The ROM dated "20240327" gives you all backported ASB fixes up to March 2024. As always, my build includes some local modifications specific to the Pro1, as documented in the patch tarball. These have not changed since last year.

Credit goes to @Laska for getting me to fire up my old Pro1 again. This made me realise how much LOS 16 was better suited for my use-case compared to recent versions of Android. In consequence, I bought another Pro1 (without defective keyboard) and plan to continue using it with LOS 16 for some time to come.

I'll continue to make updated builds with backported ASB patches as long as possible and make them available on my website above. However, considering that this forum is no longer publicly accessible (which is a pity), I doubt that it makes much sense to announce new builds here any more. Anyone knows what is the best place to publish information on the Pro1/Pro1-X now?

We all shall to thank you. As I wrote before, Android 9 is last OS without major compromises.

I like your website very much, it have some ineresting readings.

Yes, I was suprised that without log-in one can not view this forum.

Maybe XDA is the place?

18 hours ago, Laska said:

According to my previous question, how can I make audio recordings on Pro1 not so horrible and cut-off?

There is a long thread about this:

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/3427-sound-problems-with-no-response-from-fxtec-support-for-45-days-pre-christmas-device/?tab=comments#comment-59239

Unfortunately with no satisfactory solution. The Pro1 applies some aggressive filtering on the built-in mics that seemingly cannot be disabled.

You get best results by using a USB microphone or by recording from the 3.5 mm jack. In the latter case, make sure to disable NFC during recording. It will otherwise introduce a low-amplitude, but clearly audible, "clicking" background.

• Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...

For the few remaining fans of Pie, I have just uploaded a new build of my unofficial LineageOS 16.0 for Pro1 (SDS835). At

http://findus.zwergenschaenke.net/~puma/linux.html#lineagepro1

go for the ROM dated "20240515".

After many months of near-inactivity on my side, this build again introduces significant improvements (or so I think). As usual, it gives you security patches backported from the ASB up to May 2024. Beyond that, I finally upgraded the bundled version of WebView -- which had not been updated in 2 years -- to Chromium 124.0.636.82 (the version used by recent LOS 21). I also updated the graphics stack to the level of LOS21 (which uses the blobs from the OnePlus 5T). This bumps the OpenGL ES 3.2 subversion from 331.0 to 415.0. As usual, all my modding with respect to the official LOS16 tree is documented at the link above.

Have fun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

I've uploaded my latest build of LineageOS 16.0 for Pro1 (SD835) at:

http://findus.zwergenschaenke.net/~puma/linux.html#lineagepro1

Go for the ROM dated "20240620".

Changes since last month:

• Include backported Android security patches up to the June 2024 ASB.
  • Update bundled version of WebView to Chromium 125.0.6422.165.

As usual, the full patchlog with respect to the unmodified, official LOS 16.0 tree is available at the link above.

Have fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1