PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion

3 hours ago, Wheeljack said:

Tap "Android-Version 9" in the About phone screen.

Did not know that trick. Thanks! There, it says "LineageOS-version: 16.0-20201026-NIGHTLY-pro1", so it seems like all is in order with my little one.

While being here: Me neither have ever had issues following OTA updates since August. Lineage 16 seems quite stable on the Pro1, indeed.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am pleased to announce that the Pro1 has received official support in LineageOS 16.0.   You can find the builds and installation instructions on the official LineageOS Downloads page.

Lineage recovery will offer to install from sdcard if, and only if, a physical sdcard is present and it is able to be read without any decryption (eg. it is not used as adoptable storage).  

In my opinion LineageOS 16 was a very important OS for the Pro1 that brought the best out of the device at a moment when stock couldn't (yet) . Although not a developer, I can well imagine it also bro

Posted Images

So, I have really annoying problem with pro1 and lineage. I am driving and connecting to my android auto supported car radio. Everything else works, audio streaming, mic and even ringtone tune, but the callers voice doesn't get connected. I can circumvent the problem by turning off and re-enabling BT during the phone call, but this works only for one call, the its back to not connecting.

I have tried disabling HD audio from bt menu, tried few different bt audio codecs, no luck. I think that before installing android auto, it might have worked occasionally with fresh lineage OS installation, but removing android auto makes no difference now. With the stock OS it absolutely never worked.

This only happens with my car audio, several bt earphones work normally. I have not beem able to reconfirm the problem with other cars, will have to cheçk that still. My car is 2016 VW Passat.

I tried the search function and found that others have also had problems with bt occasionally, but couldn't find solutions for me. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 hours ago, Boxeri said:

So, I have really annoying problem with pro1 and lineage. I am driving and connecting to my android auto supported car radio. Everything else works, audio streaming, mic and even ringtone tune, but the callers voice doesn't get connected. I can circumvent the problem by turning off and re-enabling BT during the phone call, but this works only for one call, the its back to not connecting.

I have tried disabling HD audio from bt menu, tried few different bt audio codecs, no luck. I think that before installing android auto, it might have worked occasionally with fresh lineage OS installation, but removing android auto makes no difference now. With the stock OS it absolutely never worked.

This only happens with my car audio, several bt earphones work normally. I have not beem able to reconfirm the problem with other cars, will have to cheçk that still. My car is 2016 VW Passat.

I tried the search function and found that others have also had problems with bt occasionally, but couldn't find solutions for me. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Had the same or similar problems with Android Auto and LOS.  You probably won't like my "solution," but I love it. 😉

3 hours ago, Hook said:

Had the same or similar problems with Android Auto and LOS.  You probably won't like my "solution," but I love it. 😉

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunatelt it is not for me, I only want to use one phone.

Btw. You could set up your motoG8 to automatically set up hotspot for Pro1 when it connects to your car bt and thus you could use pro1 for android auto and music. The motoG8 would only then handle the bt and phone calls. I used to have this kind of setup with my N9 when I was motorcycling back in the days

• Like 1

I can relate. There seem to be some BT issues especially with cars of the VW group. Both my Audi A1 and my parents' VW Golf act the same with the Pro1. No matter if I connect the phone before or during a call - the audio still goes through the phones speaker and mic (switching the audio source to handset and back to bluetooth doesn't help either).

My Sennheiser PXC 550 II BT headset once worked completely fine. At some point though an update must have introduced a new bug though. I have to connect the headset during a call now for it to catch the audio. If it's connected before the call the audio stays with the handset.

Now my Sena 10Upad inside my motorcycle helmet still works as it should. Can initiate a call from there and audio gets immediately directed to the speakers in the helmet.

On 10/17/2020 at 11:21 AM, Wheeljack said:

Also testing kbd-3 here on my QWERTZ. While button mashing I ran into the issue again where the keyboard completely locks up (save for the Alt key) - so I tried to reproduce it...

As far as I see, you can trigger this by pressing two keys at exactly the same time. I managed to lock the keyboard up after just a few tries with X+D or W+S with my big enough left thumb.

I reproduced this issue on test-3.  I am trying to figure out if it happens on stock, lineage, both, or neither.  The fix should be relatively easy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Ever since I switched to LOS, Signal video calls heat up my Pro1 like crazy. "Crazy" as in it hits 50 deg.C and starts thermal throttling. I don't think that it is a specific LOS issue, as my sister experiences the same heat issue on her Xiaomi.

The only suspicious thing I found in my logcat are thousands of these:

I mm-camera: <STATS_AEC >< INFO> 1983: aec_port_send_aec_update: output_index(1): sg:15.712061, et:0.033335, iso:1571, lc:2531
E QCamera : <HAL><ERROR> handleMetadataWithLock: 4288: result.num_output_buffers:1
E QCamera : <HAL><ERROR> orchestrateRequest: 4765: mForceHdrSnapshot:0
I mm-camera: <STATS_AEC >< INFO> 1983: aec_port_send_aec_update: output_index(0): sg:15.712061, et:0.033335, iso:1571, lc:2531
E mm-camera: <ISP   ><ERROR> 172: sce40_select_table: aec_ratio 1.000000
E QCamera : <HAL><ERROR> handleMetadataWithLock: 4288: result.num_output_buffers:1
I mm-camera: <STATS_AEC >< INFO> 1983: aec_port_send_aec_update: output_index(1): sg:15.712061, et:0.033335, iso:1571, lc:2531

• Sad 2
45 minutes ago, daniel.schaaaf said:

Ever since I switched to LOS, Signal video calls heat up my Pro1 like crazy. "Crazy" as in it hits 50 deg.C and starts thermal throttling. I don't think that it is a specific LOS issue, as my sister experiences the same heat issue on her Xiaomi.

The only suspicious thing I found in my logcat are thousands of these:

I mm-camera: <STATS_AEC >< INFO> 1983: aec_port_send_aec_update: output_index(0): sg:15.712061, et:0.033335, iso:1571, lc:2531
E mm-camera: <ISP   ><ERROR> 172: sce40_select_table: aec_ratio 1.000000

Interesting issue.  I poked around a bit and these particular messages are from the camera hal, which we currently take as a prebuilt blob from the stock firmware.  So there may be some incompatibility.  I could try building the camera hal -- it is open source and does differ slightly from the stock version.

What model is your sister's device and what exact software is she running (lineage or stock, what version, etc.)?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, tdm said:

Interesting issue.  I poked around a bit and these particular messages are from the camera hal, which we currently take as a prebuilt blob from the stock firmware.  So there may be some incompatibility.  I could try building the camera hal -- it is open source and does differ slightly from the stock version.

What model is your sister's device and what exact software is she running (lineage or stock, what version, etc.)?

Wow, that would be highly appreciated! Would it break stuff for other applications? Open source generally sounds like the better way to go 🙂

My sister just told me that her phone doesn't get hot any more from a video call. Good for her ... bad for us? Anyways, she owns a Xiaomi Note 10 Pro running MIUI 12.0.1. She bought it half a year ago and complained aboit it getting hot during video calls. But she doesn't know what Android/MIUI she had on her phone initially.

57 minutes ago, daniel.schaaaf said:

Wow, that would be highly appreciated! Would it break stuff for other applications? Open source generally sounds like the better way to go 🙂

My sister just told me that her phone doesn't get hot any more from a video call. Good for her ... bad for us? Anyways, she owns a Xiaomi Note 10 Pro running MIUI 12.0.1. She bought it half a year ago and complained aboit it getting hot during video calls. But she doesn't know what Android/MIUI she had on her phone initially.

So I looked up that device and it has a SDM730 chip, which means that this issue apparently spans multiple qcom devices. But it did ship with Android 9, which we also use. I am guessing that her device has been upgraded to Android 10 and the issue is fixed there. So one thing to try, if you can, is upgrade to Lineage 17.1. Nolen has a build if you are interested. Or you can wait a few more days, he is just about ready to switch official builds.

Edited by tdm
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Yes, she confirmed that she had Android 9 on her phone when she bought it.

I am very interested in 17.1, but rather wait for a few days/weeks for a stable release. Without TWRP, experiments seem dangerous 😁 Wow, it is incredible to see how well you care for our beloved Pro1. Thank you (and Nolen)! 😊

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Maplesteel said:

Although the LineageOS 17.1 build for the device wasn’t live at the time of writing, it should be available for download on the device’s Wiki in the next couple of days.

So we need to have a little patience 🙂

• Like 1
On 10/26/2020 at 10:19 PM, claude0001 said:

While being here: Me neither have ever had issues following OTA updates since August. Lineage 16 seems quite stable on the Pro1, indeed.

Actually, I may have found my first regression in my LineageOS 16.

I found out today that GPS is not working anymore. Neither OsmAnd~ nor GPSTester seem to get a GPS lock, no matter how long I give them time to do so. I toggled the few available options under "Settings -> Location" to no effect, permissions are granted as they should, deinstalled and reinstalled both apps.

I for sure know that location worked flawlessly in the past. Last time I remember actively using it for navigation was approx. 2 week ago. I also somehow remember that I had a setting somewhere to toggle AGPS on and off ("device only"), but I cannot find that anymore ...

I am presently on "16.0-20201026-NIGHTLY-pro1" and I see that some changes related to location providers were introduced on October 21. Could there be a connection to my issues?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, claude0001 said:

I am presently on "16.0-20201026-NIGHTLY-pro1" and I see that some changes related to location providers were introduced on October 21. Could there be a connection to my issues?

I am on the same build, and I do NOT nave similar problems. So it still works in this build.

However we have previously had people reporting being unable to get a GPS lock. I do not remember the details of the 'cure' (Nor if it was Lineage or Stock), but I believe it was clearing some cache somewhere.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Eske.

I remember that I was able to toggle the AGPS setting somewhere (in Settings -> Location -> Mode according to the "Internet"). I suspect I set it to "device only" recently, disabling Wifi-assisted GPS. Now I think this may have been a bad idea, but cannot find the option to re-enable AGPS anymore.

Was something changed in this respect in LineageOS in the last ~ 2 weeks?

Edited by claude0001
7 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

Thanks, Eske.

I remember that I was able to toggle the AGPS setting somewhere (in Settings -> Location -> Mode according to the "Internet"). I suspect I set it to "device only" recently, disabling Wifi-assisted GPS. Now I think this may have been a bad idea, but cannot find the option to re-enable AGPS anymore.

Was something changed in this respect in LineageOS in the last ~ 2 weeks?

There were two changes around the location provider overlay about 2 weeks ago.  But I don't think that should affect your ability to get a lock.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, tdm said:

There were two changes around the location provider overlay about 2 weeks ago.  But I don't think that should affect your ability to get a lock.

Thanks, tdm,

What about the "Location Mode" setting? Is some option that was available in the past now hidden as a consequence of the update?

I tried to downgrade to a previous nightly via sideload, but it seems like recovery does not allow downgrades. Is there any way to override that (without wiping everything)?

2 hours ago, claude0001 said:

I found out today that GPS is not working anymore.

I have also experienced a similar issue using my Moto G6 and its stock Android.
That case the solution was I think switching an option what tells what kind of sources Android may use for location services (maybe WLAN, Mobile tower, etc)... I don't remember the exact name but I had to switch it to other option then back to work it again.

Switching GPS off did not help, restarting did not help, GPS had no lock.

Other phone and other system, but it may worth a try.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, VaZso said:

That case the solution was I think switching an option what tells what kind of sources Android may use for location services (maybe WLAN, Mobile tower, etc)...

Yep, I think I did mess with such settings recently, but now cannot find them anymore. I'm on LineageOS 16 though, not Android.

• EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion