Snapdragon camera app "space shoot" and picture preview missing

Hello everyone,

Messing around with my pro1 since yesterday, having fun so far.

i was browsing the settings for the snapdragon camera app and i found the toggle "Space shoot" i can't find anything about it on google, anyone know it's function?

Also when i first used the app it showed a preview of previously made photo's in the lower left corner (in portraitmode) but now i don't see it anymore.

To check if i made a decent picture i have to go to google photo's manually, is there a setting i missed/changed or do i have to link a  gallery app to the camera app somehow.

Also i have looked at other camera apps but i whould like to keep support for the hw shutter button.

edit: some things i tried (with reboot after each), switch storage to sdcard, remove sd card, clear data and cache.

App version is: 2.0.002

edit2: Weird, if i open the camera trough the app shortcut it does show the preview, if i do it via the hw button it does not 😕

Edited by Gerardsjollema
  • Like 1

The snapdragon camera will only show the preview if the phone is unlocked.  If you pull up the camera with the hardware button while the Pro1 is locked, it will not give you a preview.  At least that's what I remember... it's been a while since I have been on stock.

13 minutes ago, Hook said:

The snapdragon camera will only show the preview if the phone is unlocked.  If you pull up the camera with the hardware button while the Pro1 is locked, it will not give you a preview.  At least that's what I remember... it's been a while since I have been on stock.

mm could be that i have encountered a bug then, i do not have a screenlock on my phone, just to be sure i added a pin, locked en then unlocked the phone, also rebooted,

still no luck unfortunatly, thanks for the tip though 🙂

24 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

If you launch Snapdragon Camera app via hardware camera button you will not see preview of previous pics. It will show preview icon if you launch camera via app drawer.

Indeed,

shame, i had already hidden the app in my list but i guess i will keep a shortcut around for now, i wonder if is per design or a flaw.

Edited by Gerardsjollema
  • 4 months later...
6 hours ago, nontas71 said:

The camera button is not working. Any ideas?

Try an app like KeyEvent to see if it is the physical key that isen't working or just the logical function that for some reason isn't active.

if it is the physical key, does it 'feel' normal clicking it? If not some pocket lint might have gotten under it blocking the action. if it feels normal it could be an electrical failure like the plug somehow loosened.