Flaky GPS, Pro1

Found these 'internal photos' for the Pro1, on some FCC, (I think), website:  
Device page:     https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/2AUCLQX1000
Photos page     https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/2AUCLQX1000/4458316

Unfortunately nothing is labelled on these photos, so probably doesn't tell you anything you don't already know. 

Edit:  
These have got a few labels:  
https://fccid.io/2AUCLQX1000/Internal-Photos/internal-Photos-4458316

Edited by MonCon
  • Like 1

Thank you both for your suggestions. I've managed to edit the gps.conf file using Root explorer and at least I get the satellite overview again. Sadly, no 3D fix yet.

Since all satellites are displayed with low signal, it might be an antenna issue anyways. Sadly, so far I haven't found the connection of the GPS antenna (as seen in the disassembly guides postet from MonCon) to the phone internals. But I'll further look into it in the next days.

• Like 1

So it's been a day aaand... something worked!

I've edited the gps.conf file a few times but later ended up using the old file I've had before. After every change I restarted and now I've waited a few hours to let the phone reload agps.

Somehow it works now and I finally get a GPS fix again!

The accuracy varies between 10 and 30 metres but it seems to be enough for Google maps. I'll continue experimenting a bit with the settings but I am very thankful for you guys for helping me so far. Especially @EskeRahn was a huge help with his almighty forum knowledge.

Screenshot_20231222-082133_GPS_Test.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 months later...
On 12/22/2023 at 8:37 AM, SchattengestaIt said:

So it's been a day aaand... something worked!

I've edited the gps.conf file a few times but later ended up using the old file I've had before. After every change I restarted and now I've waited a few hours to let the phone reload agps.

Somehow it works now and I finally get a GPS fix again!

The accuracy varies between 10 and 30 metres but it seems to be enough for Google maps. I'll continue experimenting a bit with the settings but I am very thankful for you guys for helping me so far. Especially @EskeRahn was a huge help with his almighty forum knowledge.

Screenshot_20231222-082133_GPS_Test.png

In the end, what changes did you do? I remember doing gps.conf changes back in the day but they turned out to be placebo ;/

I think, the only effect I got was that the completely broken AGPS was relaunched. My GPS is still horrible and I placed a secondary phone in my car just for navigation.

I'm starting to dislike the Pro1 since there are no parts for it. I repaired the first USB port as it stopped working. I added a secondary USB port at the place where the fingerprint sensor was for more reliability (it's also much more comfortable in landscape mode).
I ordered multiple displays to get a few ones which don't have big black dots/patches in it - and there are no more displays available. I even contacted the company which produced them to ask if they would consider producing more (they don't). And I ordered a bunch of replacement batteries which come without electronics to replace the electronics and have a replacement cost below 100$.

You see that I really went the extra mile to get the Pro1 working. And what did I achieve? I still have to use a secondary phone to get from one place to another.

In the future, I'll try to use a bluetooth keyboard (rii mini keyboard) which works fine. The layout isn't as good as on the FxTec but it's good. Plus it comes with a touchpad.
I'm planning to copy the tilting design of the Pro1 and use a cover to join both parts together. If it works in daily use, I'd buy a phone with more powerful internals and completely switch from the Pro1.

Edited by SchattengestaIt
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1