This is just me stating the obvious: FxTec has room to improve as far as hardware quality goes.

My first Pro1:

• Screen rattle.
  • Dead touch screen digitiser after 6 months.

My second Pro1:

• Keyboard electrical problem rendering it unusable, DOA.

My third Pro1, replacement for the second one after about 10 weeks wait:

• Scratches around the SIM tray, like it was forced opened somehow.
  • Membrane making noise when you slide your fingers over the keyboard.

Beside that, my third Pro1 looks fine actually though I've not been using it much so far. I'm hoping the keyboard membrane noise issue will improve over time. Looks like the screen has no or very little rattle issues so far.

Pro1 is a unique and amazing product that I will foreseeably be using for years to come, unless it breaks down on me too often. Just be aware the hardware quality lottery is real and that can be frustrating considering costs of that hardware.

Edited by Slion
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, _DW_ said:

Funnily enough my hinge has started to squeak on the left side and the mechanism is getting looser compared to when I got it.  So I'm concerned for it's longevity as well.

I have blown away some dirt (pocket lint?) and given the two sides of the top end of the support plate on my retail unit a tiny drop of silicone (the type you can use for the rubber sealing on car doors). Opened and closed it a dozen of times, and removed the excess with a paper tissue. And it moves smoothly again.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I have blown away some dirt (pocket lint?) and given the two sides of the top end of the support plate on my retail unit a tiny drop of silicone (the type you can use for the rubber sealing on car doors). Opened and closed it a dozen of times, and removed the excess with a paper tissue. And it moves smoothly again.

Its never really been in my pocket and just been sat on my desk due to covid so its not dirt 🙂

I actually was looking closer and I think the little leg part of the mechanism is getting loose, saying that there is travel on all the connecting points it does rattle (like others have mentioned) so I think the squeak is due to something not inline properly anymore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • 1 month later...
On 9/29/2020 at 8:01 AM, Slion said:

Membrane making noise when you slide your fingers over the keyboard.

Seeing from Pro1 servicing guide how both the keyboard prints and supporting membrane are just hot glued I wonder if this issue could be fixed using a heat gun to resettle those components.

• Like 1