Odd artifacts in corners

21 minutes ago, lzb said:

I have noticed that the two bottom corners of the Pro1 now have these small "blob" protrusions (see attached). Has anyone encountered these before?

I didn't have such things with my original display, but I have a smaller one at one corner and a huge one at another corner on my replaced screen which I have bought at Aliexpress.

Do you have this problem from the start or have they been appeared recently?

Edited by VaZso
Just now, VaZso said:

I didn't have such things with my original display, but I have a smaller one at one corner and a huge one at another corner on my replaced screen which I have bought at Aliexpress.

Do you have this problem from the start or they have been appeared recently?

I just noticed them recently

I don't have it.  It took me a while to find a way to check because I use a black wall paper and most of my apps are black or dark themed, but I finally found an app that gave me a bright white background.  😂

I suppose I can ignore it, as long as it doesn't get any worse. It's a retail unit that I've had for awhile, and the issue has only started now (or at least I've only noticed now). Of course if it gets worse the screen will become unusable.

The scary scenario is that it's an ongoing issue that gets worse over time, and I've only noticed it now because the spots have "grown" past the boundaries of the screen

Edited by lzb
12 minutes ago, lzb said:

I suppose I can ignore it, as long as it doesn't get any worse. It's a retail unit that I've had for awhile, and the issue has only started now (or at least I've only noticed now). Of course if it gets worse the screen will become unusable.

The scary scenario is that it's an ongoing issue that gets worse over time, and I've only noticed it now because the spots have "grown" past the boundaries of the screen

I have a feeling it should have been there but you haven't noticed it before - or at least I hope so.

The display what I have bought at Aliexpress had these problems from the beginning but I have noticed the big one only, then the smaller one later.
It is an AMOLED problem anyway and it is not uncommon (look at this for example) and I think it is a manufacturing issue.
The one which I have at one corner is huge, the other one is acceptable and also yours seems to be relatively good.

...i have this same on two corners...fxtec have posted me display replacement, but "new" display was in worse condition than mine ( was not new - pulled from phone )    😞

Good is that you can make more curved edges with application

Edited by CornholioGSM