if I order today when will I receive the phone?

1 hour ago, FlyingAntero said:

Then F(x)tec would need to manufacture just Pro1-X 8/256Gt Blue models and customers would be happy. Upgrading would be nice compensation to delayed delivery.

Another thing is if F(x)tec has a stock of 6GB & 128GB chips and Black back covers already...

Though I like the principal idea, not all would be happy with the blue over the black, and as you said, they might have some parts already in stock.
I do not know how the manufacturing process is, but as the key-mat can be put on as the very last thing, the various keyboards are not likely to be a big complication, as they can produce the base Pro1 finished and tested less the key-mat.

47 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Though I like the principal idea, not all would be happy with the blue over the black, and as you said, they might have some parts already in stock.
I do not know how the manufacturing process is, but as the key-mat can be put on as the very last thing, the various keyboards are not likely to be a big complication, as they can produce the base Pro1 finished and tested less the key-mat.

Anyway, the 8/256GB upgrade could be solved regardless of the other parts like the black colour.

The question is if they have the PCBs already manufactured or they are still pending as if they were manufactured then this upgrade will not be possible.

• Like 2

Thank you for a couple of "thanks" to my post.

I can imagine their situation - I am working for OEM business.

They wanna run one batch as big volume as possible, accumulating a certain period of orders, then negotiate with EMS when to run.

It is a small volume business destiny.

10 hours ago, Ivan Raiskiy said:

Well, they did not complete all January 2020 orders, I have payed for pro1 (qwerty) at 20-th January 2020 - it is still in "Processing" status (order number 48416).

My order # is 56715, that means between Jan 20th to Aug 31 (7month 11 days), they have only 8000pcs order.

It can be a few days production volume, precluding the production line flip time (convert the line from one model to the other) which is usually a few days.

Naturally how many they can produce a day depending on how much parallelism they will set on  - I don't believe they have more than 1 line, thinking the 7 month-ish order volume.

My guess, sorry, yours can fall into a same batch as mine, which I am not so confident they already start the negotiation when to do to the EMS, or just one earlier so as you can get it as Christmas gift.

10 hours ago, nobumacsuzuki said:

My order # is 56715, that means between Jan 20th to Aug 31 (7month 11 days), they have only 8000pcs order.

It can be a few days production volume, precluding the production line flip time (convert the line from one model to the other) which is usually a few days.

Naturally how many they can produce a day depending on how much parallelism they will set on  - I don't believe they have more than 1 line, thinking the 7 month-ish order volume.

My guess, sorry, yours can fall into a same batch as mine, which I am not so confident they already start the negotiation when to do to the EMS, or just one earlier so as you can get it as Christmas gift.

The order numbers are not sequential. It was discussed earlier on another thread. I tried to evaluate the total number of manufactured units based on different data sources. F(x)tec has said that they have shipped thousands units during the last 12 months (note, not ten thousands units). That means probably 2500-3000 units. Ordered units can't be much higher.

• Thanks 1