Auto-rotate Stops Working Randomly.

Ayup! 😛

Long time no see.

I have this issue where Auto-rotate will stop working and it's a struggle to get it working again.

It works fine from the keyboard. Open it up and it goes to landscape, but sometimes when I close the keyboard it goes straight back to portrait even though I'm holding the phone in landscape.

Any ideas? 🤔

• Like 1

Auto-rotate is indeed on.

I'm not sure if it's an app that's causing it, it's only just started happening in the last week or two.

When Auto-rotate is turned off the manual rotate icon doesn't always appear either.

Just to add: I've just now opened the keypad and the screen remained in portrait.

Edited by MickH
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, MickH said:

I'm not sure if it's an app that's causing it, it's only just started happening in the last week or two.

I doubt an app is causing it. It's an issue with Pro1 firmware. It can work well for weeks and then it does not anymore. Try Fx Service, see if it works for you. I have not had any autorotate issues since I started using it months ago.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, MickH said:

I think I've found the culprit, actually. Firefox.

I'll do a bit more poking around, try other apps and browsers and see what happens.

I use Firefox on my Pro1 but I have not experienced autorotate problems using stock system.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, VaZso said:

I use Firefox on my Pro1 but I have not experienced autorotate problems using stock system.

I use Firefox on stock too, and do see the autorotation bug from time to time, but not correlated with FireFox usage.
If I open any app that use the sensor (e.g. "AndroidSensor" or a camera app), the problem disappears for me)

• Thanks 1
On 11/25/2020 at 12:27 AM, MickH said:

I think I've found the culprit, actually. Firefox.

I'll do a bit more poking around, try other apps and browsers and see what happens.

Firefox does indeed lock rotation occasionally.  I see it on my 1+7pro sometimes.  You just need to kill and restart it.

Also, I generally like to keep some diagnostic tools on all my devices which can help figure out issues like these.  Sensor Box (for all sensors including rotation), GPS Test, and NFC Tools frequently come in handy.

• Like 2