Microphone mallfunction, screen bleeding blue

7 hours ago, denmaarten said:

44161f40-fe7d-43a9-a3f7-4ec4347bf242.jfif 33.96 kB · 3 downloads

Do they still repair broken phones?

My screen is bleeding blue and the microphone is not useable when you are inside, 

every little bit of electromagnetic energy destroys the entire line. I need to use it with a bluetooth headset or its not use-able..

Yes they do.  Contact them at info@fxtec,com with a full description of the problem(s) and they will get back to you. It may take them a week or two to reply to the email, varying on volume of mail and things like how locked down they are.  I just had a successful repair done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That  my friend looks like pressure damage. You can try, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up of getting a replacement screen under warranty. Too much pressure damages the crystals. Eventually the blue spot will turn black. 
My suggestion would be to not complain about the screen. I don't believe FxTec will take the time to investigate a microphone and just replace the complete upper half, including the screen.

Just my 2 cents.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 1:32 PM, DieBruine said:

That  my friend looks like pressure damage. You can try, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up of getting a replacement screen under warranty. Too much pressure damages the crystals. Eventually the blue spot will turn black. 
My suggestion would be to not complain about the screen. I don't believe FxTec will take the time to investigate a microphone and just replace the complete upper half, including the screen.

Just my 2 cents.

They said they wanted to replace it... then I send them my phone but it didnt contain a certain reference number..

From to moment that I had send it, they ignored me fully. that is 2 weeks now.😔

I don't know what to do with this...

Two weeks from when you sent it or two weeks since they received?  In either case, not a long time.  When I sent mine in for screen replacement it took about a month (not counting shipping to and from them (I'm in the US).  They did not communicate a lot during that month, however they answered both email queries I made quickly. One, I asked them to confirm they received it (the delivery was made at end of Xmas holiday when I wasn't sure anyone was in office), the other, after a month, I politely asked for a status update.  I was told they were getting ready to send it back.  Which they did.

The time it takes will be a function of how much repair backlog there is, how busy the small staff is (repairs are actually done in London, I believe) and parts availability (do they have the screens in stock or do they have to order).

Obviously, I don't know what difficulties are created by their not having the reference number to tie the phone to the previous discussion of the problem.  Another reason to email them.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, denmaarten said:

They said they wanted to replace it... then I send them my phone but it didnt contain a certain reference number..

From to moment that I had send it, they ignored me fully. that is 2 weeks now.😔

I don't know what to do with this...

Two weeks ain't 💩. Don't worry about that. I forgot it the first time. That phone came back no problems.
i am still waiting on my last phone. Delivered July 2020. RMA September 2020. 'Repaired' and shipped January 2021. Got sent back due to missing customs information or whatever. Lost in transit now... DPD doesn't know where it is and FxTex is silent for over a month now. A 'brand' new Pro1, but almost one year old.

Again, two weeks are nothing. My first phone was sent in August 2020, got it back last week of January 2021.

Just keep your hopes up. I still do.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 4:53 PM, DieBruine said:

Two weeks ain't 💩. Don't worry about that. I forgot it the first time. That phone came back no problems.
i am still waiting on my last phone. Delivered July 2020. RMA September 2020. 'Repaired' and shipped January 2021. Got sent back due to missing customs information or whatever. Lost in transit now... DPD doesn't know where it is and FxTex is silent for over a month now. A 'brand' new Pro1, but almost one year old.

Again, two weeks are nothing. My first phone was sent in August 2020, got it back last week of January 2021.

Just keep your hopes up. I still do.

did you email them again  and again or just ignored it as if it was gone?

Cuz they tell us if you email too soon they wont look at it only after X time.. 

(only that story doesnt make sense, in the beginning they answered after 2 days, and now its silent for 3weeks...)

Edited by denmaarten
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, they're slow end even erratic in answering emails...

Also, sending multiple emails on the same subject is prone to slow things down even further, because that's how they said their ticket system works; another ticket on the same issue moves the issue to the end of the queue.

That said, shouldn't your not being at home for a parcel be a subject between you and the parcel service?  

[Edit : didn't see your post in the other thread earlier]

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Sad 1