Microphone mallfunction

Hi
I have fxtec mobile cca one year and i have problem with microphone. Microphone does not work yeasterday. Nothing water because is summer and sometime on few minutes working but then again not working.... I tried restart and hard reset all mobile. I have everything update security patch level 5 from 5 april 2020QX1000-EEa-20200825231443-20200825-2316
Please what do you thing what is wrong or can i claim?
thanks

Moja nahrávka 2.m4a

No.... it is ok.... My corners have everything ok. I tried pressing a and do not working... I wrote on support and sent photos for warranty now i waitnig on respond...

On 6/8/2021 at 3:22 PM, DieBruine said:

Check the corners and snap them back by pressing the screen to the back of the frame. Pretty sure that's your deal...

20210608_151748.jpg20210608_151804.jpg

In thbat case I would suggest you disassemble the screen and bend and clean the contacts on the microphone.there are just five screws and two snap-on connectors.

The alternative is sending it back for warranty and waitin a couple of months. Really, I would suggest trying to clean and re-inforce the contact pins on te mic. Take the screen apart and you will immediately recognize what I'm talking about.

On 6/10/2021 at 3:48 PM, DieBruine said:

In thbat case I would suggest you disassemble the screen and bend and clean the contacts on the microphone.there are just five screws and two snap-on connectors.

The alternative is sending it back for warranty and waitin a couple of months. Really, I would suggest trying to clean and re-inforce the contact pins on te mic. Take the screen apart and you will immediately recognize what I'm talking about.

ok but when i open i will cancel warranty or?

i wrote on support and for me will be better when i send him..

6 hours ago, DieBruine said:

I you just open the screen to check f the pins are bent, you most definitely will not loose warranty. I have sent in two phones with replaced screens. They were still covered by warranty.

My guess it it much matters if people 'know what they are doing'. If a device is opened and something accidentally destroyed in the process, I doubt they will cover it, but if opened and closed properly they seem to be quite generous on it not breaking warranty. After all It is designed to be service-friendly with the majority accessible after dismounting some screws only, without the need of a heat gun.

So if in doubt contact a local service-professional and have them help you.

Add: Also remember that the original Pro1 quite literally is irreplaceable, as they can not get the components to produce them, so not only a matter of warranty (Though the Pro1X should be available soon). So for those that never taken a piece of electronics apart before I will discourage starting by a Pro1 without help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@DieBruine

wrong and wrong 🙂

1) microphone is not on top display part - microphone is 1cm right near usb connector (small hole).

2) here is nothing to bend for better mic contact. Mic is digital (4-5pin) and is soldered directly to flex/pcb.

What can be bad...flex cable connector (i mean flex cable to usbc,speaker ect) can be littlebit disconnected on mainboard (I do not think so), or microphone can be fall down after phone fall to the ground , or can be damaged ( water, dust etc).

Solution...solder new microphone...if it doesn't help will be needed to check audio ic/driver.

obrazek.png.0d94abad1c4067e8c5b2132c1bf30d36.png

Edited by CornholioGSM
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1