Setup Lineage OS on your F(x)tec Pro¹

I've put together a guide from knowledge I gathered over the last couple of weeks as I eventually got around trying Lineage OS on my F(x)tec Pro¹:

https://slions.net/threads/lineage-os-for-f-x-tec-pro1.90/

It takes you through the installation process from Windows setup to Magisk root and SafetyNet validation to working around prominent issues.
It will also take you through the build process from Windows environment setup to development and code contribution.

Also taking this opportunity to mention how awesome it is to be able to update, use and customize almost every aspect of you phone thanks to Lineage OS. Here is hoping that working together with the Lineage OS community of developers we will little by little keep getting a better out-of-the-box user experience on our F(x)tec Pro¹. I reckon I will soon be using Lineage OS as my daily driver.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Here is a guide I made for myself, edited from @tdm's original instructions.  It is a little simpler because it assumes you have USB working and all the fastboot/adb stuff installed, and that you know where to get everything.  It focuses more on just the actual flashing, showing both first time and updates.  Since I made these instructions for me, they don't include what to do with Magisk other than flashing the zip, since that is all that is needed for SU.  It may be useful for some in combination with @Slion's wonderfully detailed instructions of all the steps with all those many helpful links.

Or it may be just redundant after folks read the OP.  But it was a big help to me when I started out, so I just thought I would add it.

LineageOS and AICP on FxTec.pdf

Edited by Hook
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
On 9/2/2021 at 3:08 PM, Hook said:

When the update is complete, return to the main recovery screen, select "Advanced" and then
"Reboot to Recovery." This will switch the active boot slot.

I believe the last remark is not quite accurate. It is the flashing&install of the main image that also changes the active slot. Reboot to Recovery just boots to that.
If you do not want gapps/magisk/... a reboot from the main menu will also boot into slot B

• Like 1
6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I believe the last remark is not quite accurate. It is the flashing&install of the main image that also changes the active slot. Reboot to Recovery just boots to that.
If you do not want gapps/magisk/... a reboot from the main menu will also boot into slot B

Yeah, the semantics is off.  What is switched is what recovery indicates is the running slot.  I chose to make it a step that I always ended the install with a reboot to recovery so I wouldn't forget where I was.  😄

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Hook said:

Yeah, the semantics is off.  What is switched is what recovery indicates is the running slot.  I chose to make it a step that I always ended the install with a reboot to recovery so I wouldn't forget where I was.  😄

Yes, I guess it could be argued that it is a bug in recovery that it does not correctly reflect that installing an image might have changed the active slot, before a boot has been made.

6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Yes, I guess it could be argued that it is a bug in recovery that it does not correctly reflect that installing an image might have changed the active slot, before a boot has been made.

I wonder if you could just change the slot without reboot, from ADB?