PRO1, AICP 16.1 (Android R) Official Build

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is now official. Builds are weekly, currently scheduled for Wednesdays.   Install instructions are exactly as LineageOS 18.1.   Download site: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Thanks for mentioning my LOS 16 builds. For completeness: @daniel.schaaaf maintains an unofficial ROM of LOS 17.1 (Android 10) for the Pro1. In principle, the sources of all four LOS branche

Thanks @tdm, links added here 😁

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I would say a bit early to suggest to turn on the battery saver at 94% *LOL*

....it happened shortly after unplugging at 98%. Which in it self will give a drop in voltage. I then checked for new app updates at the Android Market. So in total it went from 98 to 94 in fairly short time, and the logic mathematically predicts that it will be depleted shortly....

Perhaps this could be prevented by adding a check for NOT doing these estimates within the first minutes after unplugging.

6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Minor bug. Just got this notification:

Attach01.thumb.png.11cae8978ea28fd65d9bfd08472c4d13.png

I would say a bit early to suggest to turn on the battery saver at 94% *LOL*

Just, FYI, I am not getting this.  Could an app you have be triggering this?

58 minutes ago, Hook said:

Just, FYI, I am not getting this.  Could an app you have be triggering this?

Well there is strictly nothing wrong, it is just an unwanted warning. When they have two points with 98 and 94 % with 2½ minutes distance, the matematical extrapolation is about 1hour remaining stamina....

The problem is if the estimate is just mathematical or sensible...

• Like 1

Update to November 3, with October 1 security patch using OTA went slowly but smoothly.
Known keyboard bug still there (see lineage thread)

With a charger attached and display on during update, there was a slight decrease in the estimated remaining percentage (25 to 23%) during the install. It only seemed to pull about 0.2A at 5V, or roughly 1W from the charger. That was a bit odd. After boot it went to 1A (5W) - as I would expect (using a slow charger to be kind to the battery).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with location. I already had the same problem on AICP Q beta. (Beta also had an issue with notifications. Most apps' notifications never played a sound or vibrated, this is now working on AICP R).

I can't reliably get my location on Google Maps and other apps that depend on Google's location services infrastructure. I've already gone through all of the location settings and permissions to no avail.

It seems that apps that communicate directly with the GPS work OK.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Is AICP's standard behaviour to not allow location to work?

My setup:

* AICP 16.1 - 20211110 build
* MindTheGappas 20210920 build
* Magisk 23.0 with Props Config, Riru and safetynetfix
* Props set up to simulate a Google Pixel 5 with Android 11

Help needed... Thanks in advance!

Edited by agent008
1 hour ago, agent008 said:

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with location. I already had the same problem on AICP Q beta. (Beta also had an issue with notifications. Most apps' notifications never played a sound or vibrated, this is now working on AICP R).

I can't reliably get my location on Google Maps and other apps that depend on Google's location services infrastructure. I've already gone through all of the location settings and permissions to no avail.

It seems that apps that communicate directly with the GPS work OK.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Is AICP's standard behaviour to not allow location to work?

My setup:

* AICP 16.1 - 20211110 build
* MindTheGappas 20210920 build
* Magisk 23.0 with Props Config, Riru and safetynetfix
* Props set up to simulate a Google Pixel 5 with Android 11

Help needed... Thanks in advance!

Google Maps does fine with my location, but I had to agree to allow it to use location services or whatever they call it.  It was a pop-up that showed up when I hit the locate icon.  I'm using  Open Gapps, but I wouldn't expect that to make a difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Hook said:

Google Maps does fine with my location, but I had to agree to allow it to use location services or whatever they call it.  It was a pop-up that showed up when I hit the locate icon.  I'm using  Open Gapps, but I wouldn't expect that to make a difference.

Thanks. Yes, I also agreed to location services. But my phone often loses GPS fix and is usually clueless about where it is (maybe it's a good thing so nobody's tracking me? 😁)

I had OpenGapps on the Q Beta, and also tried OpenGapps with this fresh AICP R install. Didn't make a difference, couldn't make SafetyNet nor GPS work with either of them.

I'm now suspicious of the issue discussed here: 

But, I don't know how to change this file on my phone. Having Magisk installed, it seems I do not have a straightforward /system mountpoint? 🧐

6 minutes ago, agent008 said:

But, I don't know how to change this file on my phone. Having Magisk installed, it seems I do not have a straightforward /system mountpoint? 🧐

Unfortunately, I'm not much help here.  I simply us Magisk for SU, so I flashed it as a zip and never even open Magisk Manager.  I don't care about safetynet for anything I do.

I just tried on mine (AICP without Magisk),
I get no fix at all so something is broken indeed.
I'm a little unsure if it was on Lineage or AICP I had it working before (seldom have location on).
But I THINK it has been working on AICP-R for me earlier....

• Confused 1
14 hours ago, agent008 said:

But, I don't know how to change this file on my phone. Having Magisk installed, it seems I do not have a straightforward /system mountpoint?

In LOS 16.0 /system is no mountpoint. It is a regular folder under /. Do not know about Android 11.

Anyway, my gps.conf is actually at /vendor/etc/gps.conf (with /vendor being the mountpoint of /dev/block/sde36 in my case). /system/vendor is just a symlink to there.

Remember that, even with root access, you cannot easily write to those system folders as they are mounted read-only. You have to first do 

adb root
adb remount

(after enabling adb of course). Then you sould be able to edit every system file from a root CLI. The remounting is not persistent. At the next boot everything will be ro again.

Edited by claude0001
  • Thanks 1

I have for the first time had the 'not really charging' bug.
No matter if connected to fast charger or slow charger, and no matter how many times I unplugged and re-plugged.
Restarting brought the charging (connected to fast charger) up from 3mA(!) to 300mA. Unplugging and replugging brought it to 2000mA, where I disconnected and connected to slow charger, charging with 1000mA.

I plugged it last night, and it kept it at 18% over night but did not really charge...
(currently downloaded and now installing update)

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

I plugged it last night, and it kept it at 18% over night but did not really charge...

My GUESS is that it is a bug in the system that is supposed to prevent overcharging while plugged in and about fully charged, by keeping it an about fixed level.
In some circumstances it kicks in too soon, and keeps it at way too low fixed limit (I plugged it in at 17% yesterday)
Screenshot_20211124-091548_3C_All-in-One_Toolbox.thumb.png.d8c94736bdd893869b1d5db2088d9f9c.png

Update to December 1, with November 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

(The stage after download and install called "Finalising package installation" is surprising slow though - like it is on LineageOS)

• Thanks 1

Update to December 8, with November 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

(The stage after download and install called "Finalising package installation" is surprising slow though - like it is on LineageOS)

• Like 1

Update to December 15, with December 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

• 2 weeks later...

Update to December 22, with December 5 security patch using OTA went smoothly.

• EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, AICP 16.1 (Android R) Official Build