Release of Pro 1 X

Would be extraordinary to have some news on progress of production, can see many are very excited to be getting their new phone at some point, on here and on Indigogo. However the lack of clarity on where things are at is frustrating! If the company would like to provide realistic timescales on when we should expect our devices that would be great, I can see repeats of the same questions and expressions including refunds, cancellations, update requests and expressions of frustration. If anyone would like to drop some wisdom, information or truthful realistic timescales that would be fantastic - not to say those provided aren't but based on what one can see in the trends regarding backlog and issues especially that of global supply chain, the issues COVID has brought and previous conduct on communication they are certainly brought into question. It has been said the release date for the Pro 1 X is November they are certainly cutting it ever so fine. 

Honesty is the best policy, if we were kept more in the loop it would certainly be much more helpful. If they were to turn around and tell me it wouldn't be for another 6-12 months I'd actually be pleased as opposed to knowing very little with doubt brought about by the state of affairs including impatient people from various sources and the aforementioned. 

To TechEthnu1-- Thanks for your post.  Yes, Fx(tec), we are all waiting for our phones (11 months for me).  Specifically I would like confirmation sent to my email when my device is shipped, with tracking (as mine will be sent to the USA). Can we expect that? I did get a response on 25 October that the "November shipping date" was on track-- so some of us at least should be getting notifications within the next few days-- right?

Thank you for responding, but I was not happy that aside from that one-liner of substance, I was referred to the Indiegogo site for "updates" which turned out to be no more than an outdated media article about features, with no information about release dates.  I don't have or want an Indiegogo account.  I ordered my phone from Fxtec.com, and my account is with fxtec.  Unless you have entirely sold out to Indiegogo and are not longer operating, I would like to have notifications and updates from fxtec.  These were happening monthly, but stopped in the spring or summer of 2021. If you think Indiegogo is taking care of things, they are not.  It is the 11th hour, and time for some updated news to all accountholders who are still waiting for their phones. Thanks

• Like 1

On asking when my device was likely to ship, I received this response on 18/11/2021:

Thank you for reaching out, we expect deliveries to be fulfilled by the end of this month - worse case December. 
Sorry to not having a specific ETA for you. Keep a look out for our news and updates specially on Indiegogo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Calm down people. It's a minuscule company, making infinitesimal numbers of phones. You must be quite new around here for assuming they will be on time. They have never been. 🙂

Still, they have shown that they love their project and do everything in their power to deliver to their customers.

The original Pro1 was delayed by months. But many (probably most?) eventually got their phones, including myself. Please just try to chill.

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
2 hours ago, Wyndy Rausenberger said:

I was referred to the Indiegogo site for "updates" which turned out to be no more than an outdated media article about features, with no information about release dates

If you go to the project's Indiegogo site, there's a menu bar "STORY – FAQ – UPDATES – COMMENTS", and when you select UPDATES, you'll see that there have been frequent (monthly) updates, with the last one being from 28th October. You don't need an Indiegogo account to read them. Also, I've tried to copy those updates as they appear (which I also receive per mail as a backer) here in the forum into this thread:

Just for the record, my personal state in this affair is that I'm waiting for two phones, one Pro1 ordered per website in September 2019, and one Pro1X ordered through Indiegogo in October 2020. I was lucky, though, to get my hands on a pre-owned Pro1 in the meantime, which I'm happily using as my daily driver for several months now. 

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully we can all expect to receive our devices soon, I feel the device and the company are quite underrated and surprised the device isn't more popular considering it is a rather high spec phone with great functionality compared to the functional gravestones that Apple and other google-laden devices that other companies sell. Hopefully the company shall grow and there will be a much greater demand for the devices it would be very pleasing to see these on the mainstream - one can only hope. They appear to have reversed sideways regarding the presence of a physical keyboard, features and multiple OS support which is a game changer and breaking through the glass ceiling of stagnant and more of the same technology which can be expected from the majority of phone manufacturers is an extraordinary and respected move. I shall not loose faith in the company and am still very much looking forward to my device. 

womens march GIF by Kaho Yoshida

• Like 2
21 hours ago, UKAndyWest said:

On asking when my device was likely to ship, I received this response on 18/11/2021:

Thank you for reaching out, we expect deliveries to be fulfilled by the end of this month - worse case December. 
Sorry to not having a specific ETA for you. Keep a look out for our news and updates specially on Indiegogo.

So the next update will be "all the phones are packed ready to be sent out tomorrow"?!  That sounds too good to be true though I certainly wouldn't complain.

• Haha 4