USB connection stopped working, only charging

Status 1 day ago: Phone is able to connect to two different computers (both with Windows and Linux), and three different dables, USB debugging working, phone shows that it's connected to a computer

Now: Restarted PCs and phone multiple times, but the phone does not show anymore that it's connected to a computer, also USB debugging not working. On no combination of cables, computers and OSs. But it's charging.

Does anybody have any idea?

5 hours ago, dreamflasher said:

Okay, I found the problem, if I press one of the cables tightly in it works, but when I move it a little bit it stops working. So it's a problem of the USB-C port of the phone. Can I change the port by myself?

To the last part, technically yes, but I do not know if FxTec got the small board in stock as a spare part. If you feel sure it isn't just pocket lint or similar, you could try asking them if they got it in stock.

I have no idea how easy/hard the tiny usb-board itself is to service if it is say a broken soldering. I do not recall anyone in the forum discussing that. (could be a memory glitch though)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, CornholioGSM said:

...post here pics of board with c connector

I have purchased some Type-C connectors which I may try to replace if something goes terribly wrong with my panel if it will not be too late (potentially torn off connector) and if one of them meets the one used on this panel.. and if it does not have other components too close...

I don't know if I will receive te promised USB board in the near future and I can only charge my Pro1 if I try to force cable in a direction and pray to remain there to complete the charging process till the morning... it does not always happen to charge over night because of that...

So yes, it would be good to see some close photos of the USB connector without the need of disassembling the phone only to see it...

• Like 1

How did you fix it? By soldering or with by other means?

It could be good to have here on the forum a section for different fixes with pictures. Then it could become a habit that when people fix something they could report and show what they fixed and how.

I am still waiting to get my first Fxtec device and have to say I am a bit alert what I have got to know on this forum about the problems with Oses or hardware. The lack of support from team is expected but maybe hard to accept. For me it is just awesome Chen had the courage to make this even possible.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Fxtecish said:

It could be good to have here on the forum a section for different fixes with pictures. Then it could become a habit that when people fix something they could report and show what they fixed and how.

Good idea!

I will suggest that someone make (and maintain) a FAQ post with relevant links in the "How to" section.

I could then 'pin' it to the main-list, and it should contain links to the three currently 'pinned'  on how to open up the display, how to setup qwertZ and how to flash. (and these three post could then be unpinned)

• Like 2
On 2/13/2022 at 2:39 PM, Fxtecish said:

How did you fix it? By soldering or with by other means?

I am still waiting to get my first Fxtec device and have to say I am a bit alert what I have got to know on this forum about the problems with Oses or hardware. The lack of support from team is expected but maybe hard to accept. For me it is just awesome Chen had the courage to make this even possible.

No soldering, just pressed the connector back to the socket firmly. Probably had come little bit loose when i dropped the phone or something.

• Like 1