Pro1X: mobile data works but can't call on AT&T

SMS works, mobile data works, but we can't make or receive calls. The error is "Server unreachable".

We're on Consumer Cellular, a US AT&T MVNO that doesn't restrict devices past what AT&T does. AT&T doesn't have the Pro1 X on its support list. VoLTE is switched on in settings. We copied the APN info from my phone (which works for calls/sms/data on the same carrier) because the Pro1 X didn't provision automatically.

So, has anyone gotten this phone to make calls on AT&T or any AT&T MVNO? Or any US carrier?

Edited by smammy
1 hour ago, smammy said:

So, has anyone gotten this phone to make calls on AT&T or any AT&T MVNO? Or any US carrier?

T-Mobile works fine, as does Ting Mobile, for the Pro1.  I suspect it would be the same for the Pro1x, but will have to wait until I can test (probably in batch 2).  However, since T-Mobile works fine in my Pinephone as well, I'm pretty confident.  😉

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Hook said:

T-Mobile works fine, as does Ting Mobile, for the Pro1.  I suspect it would be the same for the Pro1x, but will have to wait until I can test (probably in batch 2).  However, since T-Mobile works fine in my Pinephone as well, I'm pretty confident.  😉

Thanks! I think my spouse is going to switch to T-Mobile so we'll see how that goes. (We're in a rural area so coverage could be an issue.)

See also other threads, e.g. these

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/3513-time-to-take-action-us-carrier-whitelisting-verizon-and-att/

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/3404-att-wireless-us-is-expelling-devices-including-the-pro-1-from-its-network/

(Unfortunately the forum search does not work for something as short as "ATT" or "AT&T", making it harder to find relevant stuff, but "carrier" and "mule" give some related)

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, smammy said:

@EskeRahn do you have permission to create a forum specific to the Pro1-X? It might make it a bit easier if Pro1-X owners could filter out non-X posts.

I do not know where it should be done, have not come across a place for it browsing around.
(I might have the permissions though, if I knew where to try. The tag "KeyMasters" could indicate that I do )

I have suggested the staff to do it some time ago, but I guess that they are either too busy, or disagree.

ADD Found this, and I do not see these options, so I assume that is an indication of lack of rights.

• Thanks 1
  • smammy changed the title to Pro1X: mobile data works but can't call on AT&T