PRO1, AICP 17.1 (Android S) Official Build.

AICP-S 17.1 for Pro1

ADD: They have broken AICP-S  so it does not work at all in the versions available, even after extracting the boot.img from the zip it self. See my post later in this thread 2023-04-05. They had a few versions that worked (almost) though, the last being aicp_pro1_s-17.1-WEEKLY-20220914.zip .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New version of AICP-S 17.1 based on Android 12 is available for download here: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

aicp_pro1_s-17.1-WEEKLY-20220810.zip

It is VERY important that you do NOT take the boot-image used for the (also android 12 based) Lineage 19.1 as I did. I had a LOT of trouble first as can be seen in this thread.

You can use the SAME boot image for AICP-S as for the previous AICP-R!!!!
I use one from LineageOS from last year lineage_18.1-20210913-recovery-pro1.img . Others might work too (But the LOS 19.1 does NOT!)

The only working Gapps package for android 12 based I know of is MindTheGapps (see this it is a bit 'fat', so hope that OpenGapps will make for 12 too. Their Pico is more than enough to me. Currently using: MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip

Make sure to backup everything, as you are likely to need a factory reset for the first time installing AICP-S

Once you got the files needed follow the usual procedure for flashing a Boot-image and a zip (see e.g this)

Notice that when you reboot after flashing, it seems to go into a boot loop, but not so!! On the seventh boot(!!) after some 2-3 minutes it will actually launch AICP-S.
If you are upgrading from AICP-R  and (like I did) used the more lean Gapps package OpenGapps, it will request you to do a factory reset wiping everything.

If you are NOT using Gapps there is a chance that a pure Gapps-free AICP-R can upgrade gracefully to AICP-S.
It might even work if you used MindTheGapps for Android 11 with AICP-R.
I have not tested either, but if anyone has and it works, please tell below, and I will update.

Upgrading one AICP-S with MindTheGapps to a newer with same MindTheGapps works fine though 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We need a new reaction added....  Hahahaha+ThankYou(for trying) 😉

AICP-S 17.1 for Pro1 ADD: They have broken AICP-S  so it does not work at all in the versions available, even after extracting the boot.img from the zip it self. See my post later in this thread

"2023022", same.....

4 minutes ago, Hook said:

I'm going to give this a shot on my Pro1, wiping everything Lineage 19.  Be great to have AICP working.  I'll let you knopw how it comes out.   🙂

If you are Gapps-free, please start on AICP-R so we will know if it can upgrade to S without a reset. I suspect that it is OpenGapps, that blocked my attempt,

14 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

If you are Gapps-free, please start on AICP-R so we will know if it can upgrade to S without a reset. I suspect that it is OpenGapps, that blocked my attempt,

I'm not Gapps free, but I'm wiping everything, so I can start with AICP-R if that will help the data collection.  Should I flash R and then go to S or would it be better for me to Flash R and MTG 11 and then Go to R.  I guess, my question is, are you asking me to do a dirty flash from R to S?  I never do dirty flashes of a jump from one major version to the next, I always wipe clean.  But if a dirty flash will answer a question, I'm willing to do it and start over if it goes sideways.  Just clarify what you would like.  🙂

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Hook said:

I'm not Gapps free, but I'm wiping everything, so I can start with AICP-R if that will help the data collection.  Should I flash R and then go to S or would it be better for me to Flash R and MTG 11 and then Go to R.  I guess, my question is, are you asking me to do a dirty flash from R to S?  I never do dirty flashes of a jump from one major version to the next, I always wipe clean.  But if a dirty flash will answer a question, I'm willing to do it and start over if it goes sideways.  Just clarify what you would like.  🙂

Yes, please do the full optimistic dirty flash, that is AICP-R + MTG 11 -> AICP-S + MTG 12, if that works we are 99% sure a gapps-free  AICP-R -> AICP-S would also work.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Yes, please do the full optimistic dirty flash, that is AICP-R + MTG 11 -> AICP-S + MTG 12, if that works we are 99% sure a gapps-free  AICP-R -> AICP-S would also work.

....And if it does not work, and you have more time to spare,please try the gapps-free  AICP-R -> AICP-S , thanks 🙂

• Like 1

Getting on it now.  Will let you know what happens.  🙂

22 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

....And if it does not work, and you have more time to spare,please try the gapps-free  AICP-R -> AICP-S , thanks 🙂

Do I need to go through the initial setup, or just see if it boots?

Edit:  Going ahead and doingh the most basic setup to take me to the desktop. That's it.

Edited by Hook
  • Like 1

Okay, that was a weird and interesting result.  I installed the boot image for  LOS 18 (from last April).  AICP-R with MTG11 (and Magisk-- I really don't think it muddies anything) installed smoothly and I did the initial setup including using my google account and got myself to the desktop.  So I then dirty flash aicp-s, with MTG12.  I get the 7 bootloops, but here is what is interesting. For the last bootloop, after getting a different AICP boot animation on all previous bootloops (I assume the S animation), I get the AICP-R boot animation on the last boot-up and it boots right into AICP-R with no setup.

Doh!

Yes, I did reboot to recovery after flashing both AICP-R and AICP-S.

I'm going to just go ahead and do things my way and do another clean wipe and just install AICP-S and see if that works.

Be back here shortly.

@EskeRahnOkay, I think there is a real problem here.  I noticed this time, watching tiny text on th ePro1 as "AICP-S" installs that it announces itself at the end of the run as Android 11.  But I also noticed it has 3 parts to the install where, I believe (but haven't verified) that LOS and previous versions of AICP have all had two parts.

When I clean install  "AICP-S" with MTG12 (both with and without Magisk), at the final bootloop I get the recovery screen that says it can't load Android system.  If I try "AICP-S" with MTM-11, the gapps of course, won't install.

Whatever this thing is, it isn't a proper Android 12 install.  I suspect it bootloops looking for things that should be there for 12 and fails.  I think if it finds R, because you didn't wipe it, it may open that.  Hard to tell what's going on here, but I can't get it to work.

I will try something else if you like, but I'm planning on returning to LOS 19 as soon as possible.

EDIT:  By the way, I did the obvious thing, since I rename my files for shorter adb commands.  I re-downloaded the aicp-s update to make sure I indeed had the right file.

Edited by Hook
  • Thanks 1

@Hook Are you sure you are flashing to the A/B you are booting into?

I use the below bat, to do stuff.

Notice the a in these two lines:

• fastboot flash boot_a %1
  • fastboot --set-active=a

(I assume they could just as well both have been b, and that the important thing is that they are equal)

@ECHO off
if %2.==. goto :EOF
ECHO * Wait for boot to bootloader to finish (or do manually holding VolDown+Power)
adb reboot bootloader
pause
echo *   sending %~n1
fastboot flash boot_a %1
shift
fastboot --set-active=a
REM fastboot reboot recovery    does not work, so do manually:
ECHO * Roll down to "Recovery Mode" with VolDown, and press Power to select.
:REPEAT
ECHO * Await recovery boot. Select "Apply update", "Apply from ADB" for flash of
ECHO *   %~n1
pause
ECHO * If prompted (shortly after 47%%) tap "yes" to "...Install anyway"
adb sideload %1
TimeOut 5 /nobreak>nul
shift
if %1.==. goto :NORM
ECHO * Back to main menu, select Advanced, "Reboot to recovery".
goto :REPEAT
:NORM
ECHO * From main menu, select Reboot.
ECHO **DONE** Should now boot into the new rom

• Like 1

....On the length of the name:
I use a batch I call FlashAICP-S.bat, that only takes the DATE as the argument (in the yyyymmdd format), to avoid messing with the long filenames
e.g. FlashAicpS 20220810

@%~DP0\FlashBase_MindTheGapps12.bat %~dp0Pro1_ROM\AICP_taken_from_lineage_18.1-20210913-recovery-pro1.img %~dp0Pro1_ROM\aicp_pro1_s-17.1-WEEKLY-%1.zip

calling

@if NOT %2.==. %~dp0FlashBase.bat %1 %2 %~dp0Pro1_ROM\MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip %3

(And obviously a number of similar one-line batches for the other combos)

I use the set of instructions I have always used, based on TDM, which I posted here and you have inked to in the ROM thread. They have always worked with me, including up through AICP-R.  I double checked everything.  I'm back on Lineage 19.  Everything went smoothly and I'm rebuilding.  There is something hinky about the files being supplied as AICP-S, I'm convinced.  I'm staying away for now as I only have onePro1.  😄

Edited by Hook
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Hook said:

I use the set of instructions I have always used, based on TDM, which I posted here and you have inked to in the ROM thread. They have always worked with me, including up through AICP-R.  I double checked everything.  I'm back on Lineage 19.  Everything went smoothly and I'm rebuilding.  There is something hinky about the files being supplied as AICP-S, I'm convinced.  I'm staying away for now as I only have onePro1.  😄

Thanks for the tests.
Yes your guide is very close to what I do, also based on what TDM taught us. And indeed something sounds fishy. What is the recovery boot image you are using?

And I also noticed tht the seventh boot is different. Already before the yellow AICP comes up, the 'flickering' of the FxTec logo is different. And it goes to a blue logo before it boots AICP (under some circumstances requesting a reset during the process),

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Thanks for the tests.
Yes your guide is very close to what I do, also based on what TDM taught us. And indeed something sounds fishy. What is the recovery boot image you are using?

For this experiment, I used the recovery for Lineage 18 from 20220425 as that is what I had stored away in my archive.  Newer than yours, but to be honest, I don't think it makes a difference.  It's possible the recovery for Lineage 19 has more of a problem with AICP-S because it is more sensitive to whatever is wrong, so it could be that something that was changed later in 18 could be a problem.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Hook said:

For this experiment, I used the recovery for Lineage 18 from 20220425 as that is what I had stored away in my archive.  Newer than yours, but to be honest, I don't think it makes a difference.  It's possible the recovery for Lineage 19 has more of a problem with AICP-S because it is more sensitive to whatever is wrong, so it could be that something that was changed later in 18 could be a problem.

It might. See this post, though not on AICP

@EskeRahn

No joy (using the LOS 18 boot image you posted), although some things changed. When aicp-s was flashing it said only 2 parts, not 3 and did not announce itself as Android 11 at the end of the screen dump.  However after flashing mtg12 and rebooting, I got the error screen again after the 7 boot loops. I tried taking the offer to factory reset (I did before flashing aicp-s, but what they hey at this point), but that just sent me to the bootloader where picking "Reboot to Revovery" just returned me to the bootloader, so somehow recovery wiped itself out on the factory reset.  😄

So, okay, I'm done.  No more, until I get reliable reports that aicp-s is behaving.  LOS 19 is just fine and it installs without muss or fuss and runs smoothly.  I need my Pro1 back.  😉

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, Hook said:

So, okay, I'm done.  No more, until I get reliable reports that aicp-s is behaving.  LOS 19 is just fine and it installs without muss or fuss and runs smoothly.  I need my Pro1 back.  😉

Thanks for testing.
Maybe what recovery boot image I have in slot boot_b for some reasons make it behave less bad than yours - I have no idea what version.... nor do I know how to find out what version is flashed in slot boot_b?
Obviously I could flash to both boot_a and boot_b, that is dong the flashing double before first boot, To make sure I am in a well known state.... With the risk of making it unable to boot AICP-S. I will consider this, the next time I'm in need of a wiping it anyhow.
ADD; I tried sending the boot image to both, and it worked fine, (with no reset, and nothing missing)

In your guide it says that the step rebooting into recovery from within recovery "will switch the active boot slot", I believe that is incorrect,
When I do that it says "active slot: a" (or b) NOT changing, I believe that the "apply update" from within the bootloader of the main flash that does the switch of active slot (without the header of the recovery reflecting this), and then the reboot to recover boots into that slot... Note that flashing e.g. Gapps, does NOT change the active slot, so it is part of the flashing the main 'only'.
So that a more correct wording would be e.g. "will switch into the now active boot slot"

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

In your guide it says that the step rebooting into recovery from within recovery "will switch the active boot slot", I believe that is incorrect,
When I do that it says "active slot: a" (or b) NOT changing, I believe that the "apply update" from within the bootloader of the main flash that does the switch of active slot (without the header of the recovery reflecting this), and then the reboot to recover boots into that slot... Note that flashing e.g. Gapps, does NOT change the active slot, so it is part of the flashing the main 'only'.
So that a more correct wording would be e.g. "will switch into the now active boot slot"

You are right.  The trouble with being more of a follow the recipe guy than deeply technical.  What I'm really talking about, and I will reword to make this clear, is that  I am simply going by what appears on the phone screen.  After flashing the update, it shows one slot at the top of the recovery menu (e.g., a;) and then, after rebooting to recovery, it shows the other slot at the top of the recovery menu (e.g., b). I don't know what is really going on under the hood, I just know you need to do the reboot to recovery after flashing the update if you are going to install Gapps and that the change in slot listed at the top of the screen is confirmation that you did.

So, I see, yes, the update has already changed the active slot, but you have to reboot to recovery to get recovery to switch to that active slot to make sure Gapps (and Magisk) are installed to the currently active slot).  Did I get that right?

HISS (Hook IS Slow Sometimes)

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, Hook said:

So, I see, yes, the update has already changed the active slot, but you have to reboot to recovery to get recovery to switch to that active slot to make sure Gapps (and Magisk) are installed to the currently active slot).  Did I get that right?

EDIT: Sorry for double posting, should have referred to the other thread in the first place. Replied there:
https://community.fxtec.com/topic/3425-setup-lineage-os-on-your-fxtec-pro¹/?do=findComment&comment=62467

Flashed

aicp_pro1_s-17.1-WEEKLY-20220817.zip on security update 2022-03-05

Seems much the same. Still initial boot-loop after flash,

Issues with using the keyboard for other than US, no matter if I select one or more (It does respect the qwerty/qwertz layout selection though).
Ctrl+space for swapping languages is (also) ignored.

ADD: This proved to be related to an app. Accesibility requirement by "Android Assistant" messes with the keyboard-functionality - had exactly the same on the Pro1X (on stock android 11)

But that aside things seem to work.