LineageOS 19.1 Official Release for Pro1

• wapsi changed the title to LineageOS 19.1 Official Release for Pro1
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems that LineageOS 19.1 will be available soon for Pro1: https://www.lineageoslog.com/19.1/pro1   More information: https://lineageos.org/Changelog-26/ (F(x)tec Pro1 mentione

Google pay working here with magisk v24.3 for some time already and works on LOS 19.1 too. -Zygisk mode on -Enforce denylist -Put com.google.android.gms and com.google.android.gms.unsta

While all our work is public, we don't necessarily post a neon sign saying, "Break ur phone here!" 😉 The Pro1-X work is moderately stable now and has been moved to the official LineageOS org on GitHub

Posted Images

UPDATE: Installed and working 😁

Including MindTheGapps (Unfortunately OpenGapps is not available for android 12.0 yet)

My data and apps was preserved nicely 🙂 BUT two of my most used apps no longer work. 😞 Greenify and Android Assistant does not seem to be allowed to fake clicks to stop the loaded bloat any more 🤬. They DO both open the dialogues, and if I do the clicking for them, then they sort of work.

But the positive side of maiming that vital functionality is that Ctrl+Space (Language swap) now works again... (but it did co-exist just fine with Greenify earlier on LineageOS until August 2021, If I remember correctly)

So rather than fixing the problem, the functionality seems to be removed.
I do not know if the bug is Google or LineageOS. I would guess Google....
Add: Almost certainly LineageOS, as it works on AICP R and S

(That the default analogue watch looks like a bad joke, is acceptable, as it is easily swapped  with a decent one.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, CornholioGSM said:

...please post some printscreens 🙂

Not much to post, except the ugly clock it looks much the same, except notification area. Some Icons are changed from pure monochrome - thanks for that.
That apart, I guess I would need them side by side to note the visual differences.

Screenshot_20220426-194310_Trebuchet.thumb.png.c86017365ce00a95acba82fcbf547142.pngScreenshot_20220426-194258_Trebuchet.thumb.png.43592daf80a6e029d02462e62da946de.png

• Thanks 1

PS, We are STILL not allowed to select what apps that can run in the background, and what is foreground only, and it seems even more aggressive in reloading stopped bloat than its predecessors.

And this is NOT limited to Google's own bloat. Also things I maybe use once a year like Excel and Word... So they are now uninstalled...

If you are  interested in the new interface Google introduced in Android 12L, you can enable it on the Pro1 with this 'Easter egg': In Settings->Accessibility->Text and display->Display size, move the slider all the way to the left ('Smallest'). IMHO the new UI isn't really finished yet, but it gives us a glimpse of where Google is heading for Android on 'tablet' devices.

Screenshot_20220426-143117_Settings.png

• Like 2
3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

But the positive side of maiming that vital functionality is that Ctrl+Space (Language swap) now works again... (but it did co-exist just fine with Greenify earlier on LineageOS until August 2021, If I remember correctly)

So rather than fixing the problem, the functionality seems to be removed.
I do not know if the bug is Google or LineageOS. I would guess Google....

Yes, this is something Google did. I'm glad their fix restores proper keyboard functionality, and FWIW the underlying issue is likely an undisclosed security problem.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Sean McCreary said:

If you are  interested in the new interface Google introduced in Android 12L, you can enable it on the Pro1 with this 'Easter egg': In Settings->Accessibility->Text and display->Display size, move the slider all the way to the left ('Smallest'). IMHO the new UI isn't really finished yet, but it gives us a glimpse of where Google is heading for Android on 'tablet' devices.

The same are available directly under Settings ► Display ► Display Size as far as I can see. Or?

5 hours ago, wapsi said:

I hope it'll fix the charging issue I've had with the LOS 18.1 🙂

Please let us know if your charging problems change when running LineageOS 19. The official procedure for opening a bug report (at https://wiki.lineageos.org/how-to/bugreport) is still the best way we have to track problems, so please open one if you have new info to report.

As far as we have been able to tell, the charging issue is triggered as the device ages, and two LineageOS developers have now reported similar problems. This is difficult to nail down however, as there are no new Pro1s being made that might be free from charging trouble with the latest software. However, our oldest devices are starting to see battery failure which lends some credibility to the theory that the problem is caused by age. For example, I removed this battery from my three year old prototype earlier this month:

Pro1 Balloon.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

The charging issue we have (had?) in 18.1 seems to me to be related to overcharging protection. It simply stops charging under some unknown conditions, and keeps it at that level +/- 1 or 2%

A functionality that is GREAT to not kill a battery in a phone placed in e.g. a car charger all day.
But it seems to kick in at a random point, And at random conditions. The lowest I have seen was 18%... if I remember correctly. Rebooting and it charged normally every time here. I think it is at the least a month since I had it though, but not sure, as I tend to only charge it once a week before upgrading, if I have not used it, (test device)

(The below is from AICP, on another Pro1, but same bug)

Screenshot_20211124-091548_3C_All-in-One_Toolbox.png

• Like 2
On 4/26/2022 at 9:14 PM, Kaali said:

Is battery life better or worse with the new lineage?

Idle consumption is the same as LineageOs18, and that is OK,
Roughly 11 Percent points a day when idle, and with WiFi on. So roughly ½ % per hour

In the below it was charged during the upgrade, and charged shortly before being laid (practically) idle for the last 1½ day.

(don't get confused by the slightly curved shape around 30% on 18.1 - the percentages are estimates, not accurate measurements)

LineageOS_Battery_Idle_18_vs_19.png

• Like 3

After a few days with 19.1 it still feels more like a UI update before all else. Not much fixed, but not much broken either.

I spotted a few bluetooth options I hadn't noticed before in the dev-options so I tried them in my everlasting hunt for a working VW hands-free connection. No luck for me once again. Also stay away from the experimental Gabeldorsche bluetooth stack. This will just put bluetooth into an on/off loop.

I do have a weird display bug with Trebuchet though. Sometimes the homescreen is a bit squished, as if it's making space for a non-existing android-button-menu. To reproduce this issue, turn your Pro1 so the homescreen displays in landscape, open an app (twitter, firefox or whatever), rotate to portrait within the app, press circle to jump back to Trebuchet.

33 minutes ago, Sean McCreary said:

TBH, I never could use 18.1, the UI bugs were just too annoying. In comparison, LineageOS 19 is a big improvement 🙂

Sean, do you have any input for my query near the top of this thread... what is the state of LineageOS for the Pro1x?  I know the Pro1X hasn't hit the street yet, but I believe it is in production.

41 minutes ago, Hook said:

Sean, do you have any input for my query near the top of this thread... what is the state of LineageOS for the Pro1x?  I know the Pro1X hasn't hit the street yet, but I believe it is in production.

As a blanket policy, LineageOS does not provide estimates of release dates, etc. However, all of our development work is public, published on GitHub and our gerrit. What I can say is that we have a skillful and experienced team of developers interested in working on LineageOS for the Pro1-X.

• Thanks 4
1 hour ago, Sean McCreary said:

As a blanket policy, LineageOS does not provide estimates of release dates, etc. However, all of our development work is public, published on GitHub and our gerrit. What I can say is that we have a skillful and experienced team of developers interested in working on LineageOS for the Pro1-X.

Thanks. I wasn't asking for release date... I know better (spending a few years with Dirty Unicorns gets you well trained 😄 ), I just wasn't skillful enough to locate any indication of activity.  Don't care when, just happy it's in good hands.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Nice to see 19.1 is there for the Pro1!

My phone says manual upgrade only; before I'd go into that, would there be anything special to take care of when upgrading a LineageOS + Magisk 23 + Gapps setup except sideloading Magisk and Gapps in the process? I think my last version upgrade also was the first time I added Magisk.

15 hours ago, Sean McCreary said:

As a blanket policy, LineageOS does not provide estimates of release dates

Hmmm... A quick look has turned up no traces of any LineageOS work in progress for the Pro1X on either Github or gerrit, did I miss something. Anyhow I wonder, now that the delivery of two Pro1X devices (with LineageOS as OS choice) seems to come closer, what OS will it have installed?

3 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

My phone says manual upgrade only; before I'd go into that, would there be anything special to take care of when upgrading a LineageOS + Magisk 23 + Gapps setup except sideloading Magisk and Gapps in the process? I think my last version upgrade also was the first time I added Magisk.

Hmmm... A quick look has turned up no traces of any LineageOS work in progress for the Pro1X on either Github or gerrit, did I miss something. Anyhow I wonder, now that the delivery of two Pro1X devices (with LineageOS as OS choice) seems to come closer, what OS will it have installed?

Simply follow https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/pro1/upgrade for the upgrade.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

My phone says manual upgrade only

Same here, no OTA for the major version upgrade. Though the visual difference is minor there might be substantial deeper changes.
BUT the good news is that you do NOT need to wipe your data.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Be aware that you need to upgrade to magisk 24 for Android 12 support. No need to fear the new changes, it still works all the same than before. Zygisk+denylist is basically the same than former magiskhide. Any external modules have to be manually installed f.ex. MagiskHidePropsConfig, but they work normally.

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Kaali said:

Be aware that you need to upgrade to magisk 24 for Android 12 support. No need to fear the new changes, it still works all the same than before. Zygisk+denylist is basically the same than former magiskhide. Any external modules have to be manually installed f.ex. MagiskHidePropsConfig, but they work normally.

Excellent.

I still guess I'll wait for the Pro1X to arrive before I make the update 😉

Decided to upgrade now because i must at somepoint anyway. First impressions are good, everything seems to work with magisk v24.3 and MindTheGapps. The extra dim mode is very very welcome with the pro1, now i can finally get the screen brightness to a reasonable level in dark.

• Like 2