You should be able to keep Stock Android on the slot A and flash Ubuntu Touch or something else on the slot B.

For example in the following thread replace boot_a by boot_b and set_active a by set_active b.

Edited by Dread
Innacurate
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, Dread said:

You should be able to keep Stock Android on the slot A and flash Ubuntu Touch or something else on the slot B.

For example in the following thread replace boot_a by boot_b and set_active a by set_active b.

boot_a vs boot_b is the easy part.  The hard part is creating two separate userdatas, and is alas somewhat more complicated than a mere "set_active".

I'm looking forward to multiboot as well.  I'd like to use Sailfish as my almost-fulltime OS, with the ability to boot into Android for occasional must-have Android-only apps (e.g. banking).

• Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, brunoais said:

Would it pass Google's attestation? I don't think it would...

I'm not talking about NFC payment apps, just my bank's mobile app and authenticator app.  Both of those work fine without attestation, and with enough poking and prodding, even on a rooted device.

• Like 1