Pro-1x in Android does not go into landscape mode, ever

5 minutes ago, steeb said:

@mosen Oddly, this did fix the sensors, but not attestation. I feel quite certain it was working when I backed up the image, but unfortunately I dont have time to try re-flashing again this afternoon.

Check here for a method to search for the keys in any partition or image:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, i am frankly out of ideas to blind diagnose. And the backlog got so long that i would favour to spend time in starting a fresh attempt. My fear is franceso or casey over at the official support ti

@steebThere is a fix now i tested to relabel the sensors folder in persist into the SELinux context. I updated the backup/restore/repair guide with instructions. Would be great if you flash a persis

Okay, I've tried this out, and no, the process outlined by @Casey does not restore key attestation functionality.  I don't need key attestation working on my device anyway, but hopefully there's a sol

@Ivaylo HubanovAnother idea. Since your device boots into the F(x) logo and gets stuck there, it is in a state already where OTA changes can influence the boot process.
Can you try sideloading an OTA update via adb in the recovery mode?
Download a beta OTA from here (not GMS certified) Please note the beta disclaimer.
Set device into recovery mode by holding vol down button on reboot.
At the dead droid, push pwr btn and vol buttons to activate the menu.
Choose sideload via adb.
Push the downloaded .zip file using:

adb sideload merged-qssi_bengal-ota.zip

And reboot.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mosen said:

@Ivaylo HubanovAnother idea. Since your device boots into the F(x) logo and gets stuck there, it is in a state already where OTA changes can influence the boot process.
Download a beta OTA from here (not GMS certified) Please note the beta disclaimer.
Choose sideload via adb.

And reboot.

Unfortunately the default bootloader does not seem to have a recovery image in it - at the least the 'early unit' I have does not, nor does the retail Pro1 (no X)

• Like 1

Wow, you seem to have a very early version then!? On the testing device i had delivered with 2.0.8, the recovery is reached by holding any volume button during the first seconds of boot.
I can not reliably reach fastboot with the volume method, neither on the retail Pro¹-X, not on the testing device.
But i always end up at the dead droid recovery start page. To activate the menu of recovery, one has to then press power button and volume up. The menu appears over the dead droid and there we have the option to boot to bootloader and the adb sideload among others.

8 hours ago, mosen said:

Choose sideload via adb.

And reboot.

This is what I get:

```

# adb sideload merged-qssi_bengal-ota.zip

adb: sideload connection failed: device unauthorized

This adb server's $ADB_VENDOR_KEYS is not se

Try 'adb kill-server' if that seems wrong

Otherwise check for a confirmation dialog on your device

adb: trying pre-KitKat sideload method..

adb: pre-KitKat sideload connection failed: device unauthorized

This adb server's $ADB_VENDOR_KEYS is not se

Try 'adb kill-server' if that seems wrong

Otherwise check for a confirmation dialog on your device.

6 hours ago, mosen said:

Wow, you seem to have a very early version then!? On the testing device i had delivered with 2.0.8, the recovery is reached by holding any volume button during the first seconds of boot.
I can not reliably reach fastboot with the volume method, neither on the retail Pro¹-X, not on the testing device.
But i always end up at the dead droid recovery start page. To activate the menu of recovery, one has to then press power button and volume up. The menu appears over the dead droid and there we have the option to boot to bootloader and the adb sideload among others.

no no the bootloader is there, but selecting recovery within it fails. I see exactly the same on my retail Pro1 (no X), that has only had OTA updates.

• Like 1

@Ivaylo Hubanov That is an indicator for the sideload mode not being started in recovery.
There should be an option in the recovery menu that says along the lines "sideload using/via adb".
If you select that, the screen will change to black and only show some white text saying something like push .zip now and showing the command how to do so. (the adb sideload image.file one)
When you start sideloading from your computer using this command, it will show progress on the device screen.

@EskeRahnbut do you see that dead droid logo at any point when doing different volume buttons on reboot?
When seeing that, its vol up and pwr to activate the actual recovery menu.
Ok, but since you said you sideloaded OTAs you sure have been in there 😛
Just not fully understanding what you mean.
Since i figure from what you say you can only reach fastboot bootloader menu and flash the OTA via fastboot?
Btw, why are you not in the TG beta channel? 😅 Its ment for both, pre production units and retail units just to test the latest OTAs.

3 hours ago, mosen said:

@Ivaylo Hubanov That is an indicator for the sideload mode not being started in recovery.
There should be an option in the recovery menu that says along the lines "sideload using/via adb".
If you select that, the screen will change to black and only show some white text saying something like push .zip now and showing the command how to do so. (the adb sideload image.file one)
When you start sideloading from your computer using this command, it will show progress on the device screen.

@mosenok, so while stuck in the boot logo I was trying to restart the phone, but dropped the button before it actually restart and it seems something triggered in the background and phone booted android properly!!! 🎆🎉🙈

So now I'm on the backup step then going back to try and flash Ubuntu Touch 🥵

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, mosen said:

@EskeRahnbut do you see that dead droid logo at any point when doing different volume buttons on reboot?
Since i figure from what you say you can only reach fastboot bootloader menu and flash the OTA via fastboot?
Btw, why are you not in the TG beta channel? 😅 Its ment for both, pre production units and retail units just to test the latest OTAs.

The bootloader menu works fine (whether launched by buttons or adb reboot bootloader) , but when I select the Recovery option, I see the F logo, and then a dead android.

12 hours ago, mosen said:

No, OTA=Over-The-Air, so only did official update from within adroid (adup´s app on the retail Pro1).
If a used the word "sideload" for that, it was a slip of the tongue.

On that unit the only thing fastboot I have done was
fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1
Unless my memory completely fails me.

( alsoI got a preproduction Pro1, and a "Final sample" Pro1, that has been flashed with boht sailfish, lineage and aicp in various versions, and can boot into recovery.

Holding VolUp+Pwr at the dead icen after attemptied recovery, Works the same if I press shortly or hold to various states of the boot.
The Pro1 and the Pro1X acts different here: When holding both do boot-loop until released. The Pro1X then boots into Android, where the Pro1 end in the dead android screen, where only a  long (10s?) power-press can bring it back, booting normally.

7 hours ago, steeb said:

I wrote a quick and dirty guide on re-flashing the stock ROM for macOS and Linux. It got a little buried in another thread so I thought I'd post it here for posterity.

flashing_pro1-x.pdf 58.51 kB · 3 downloads

Nice work just one clarification you might want to update the guide...

To me this command doesn't execute:

edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf reset reboot

So I use "edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf reset" instead... I think the reboot at the end is not necessary and I'm not  sure if it properly executes on any device at all 🤔

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

A somewhat novice question here: after running the initial 'sudo edl ....' command, the output stops at "main - device detected :)" . How long should this process take? Is there a way to monitor before I have to hard reboot my pro1x?

I can still see the device in lsusb so I am just not sure. And I see an 'edl' process running in 'ps' or 'top'

Just nervous about flashing a different OS without backing up my persist partition and this seems to be my roadblock on this process.

Edited by DillonM
On 10/24/2022 at 11:33 AM, DillonM said:

A somewhat novice question here: after running the initial 'sudo edl ....' command, the output stops at "main - device detected :)" . How long should this process take? Is there a way to monitor before I have to hard reboot my pro1x?

I can still see the device in lsusb so I am just not sure. And I see an 'edl' process running in 'ps' or 'top'

Just nervous about flashing a different OS without backing up my persist partition and this seems to be my roadblock on this process.

so i think my initial problem was that the 'adb reboot edl' command was not taking the device into a 'full' edl mode. when I used the key combo to enter, my command advanced past the 'device detected' phase, only to stop again at 'trying to read the first storage sector'.

How long should that process take? 

• Like 1