Pro1X, Physical keyboard layout issues [Fixed, other software interfering]

4 hours ago, david said:

I was probably one of those who complained about the shifted layout of the pro1, because it required my brain and thumbs to be rewired vs my previous phone keyboard.  But I have to believe a lot of pro1x buyers were pro1 owners.  At that point, I wouldn't have switched the keyboard layout, because people are already used to the old layout. 

Maybe there are fewer touch typers out there than i thought.  If people are looking at the keys and typing slow, then it probably wouldn't bother them.  It is what it is, but it is going to take some time for my brain to switch, and I won't be able to go back and forth between the two phones.  This may be a moot point if I can't find another usb pcb board for the pro1, though.  And really a moot point (down the line) if fxtec doesn't end up stocking parts for the pro1x.  One of the big selling points of these phones was the belief we would be able to get replacement parts on into the future.  That doesn't seem to have ended up being reality.

Remember that the Pro1X was not originally planned as a new phone, but was planed to sell more Pro1s slightly upgraded to new customers. I bet only the most hardcore Pro1 users would shell out for the Pro1X, just to get a little extra ram  and more storage - things turned out differently so the Pro1X was suddenly viable as an upgrade to newer (though less powerful) chipset.

I haven;t got the numbers but would be surprised if the original Pro1X orders had 100 Pro1 users... (Though I and some of the frequent commenters in here did order both)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The FinQuerty app which now also has layouts for the Pro1 X (thanks to @EskeRahn for mentioning this), fixes this issue with the "FinQuerty F(x)tec Pro1 X, German for physical DE QWERTZ" layout. Excel

Sometimes in life you are a lucky guy, and the problem-app begins with an "A". Anydesk was the influencer in my case. I did not even had to uninstall it.  Just removed all the rights in the special-ri

I would also double check the selected layout for the physical keyboard.

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Remember that the Pro1X was not originally planned as a new phone, but was planed to sell more Pro1s slightly upgraded to new customers. I bet only the most hardcore keyboard users would shell out for the Pro1X, just to get a little extra ram  and more storage / things turned out differently so the Pro1X was suddenly viable as an upgrade to newer (though less powerful) chipset.

I haven;t got the numbers but would be surprised if the original Pro1X orders had 100 Pro1 users... (Though I and some of the frequent commenters in here did order both)

So you are saying they sold out their strongest supporters in favor of the masses?  😁

I agree about most people not wanting to buy the Pro1X just for the extra RAM/storage.  My purpose was to have a backup for the Pro1.  And, as much as some of us grumble about design decisions and quality control, if fxtec stays in business, we'll probably still keep buying new phones they make -- at least until the competition for landscape (AKA "the correct way") keyboard phones creates something competitive.  The astro-slide looked like it might be such a phone, but its problems seem even worse than the Pro1X (judging by online comments).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, david said:

So you are saying they sold out their strongest supporters in favor of the masses?  😁

🤣

I fear that the current phones Pro1/Pro1X/Astro might be the last one we will see with a real keyboard in the right direction.

And just hope they will survive until we see some totally new way of communication with the devices.
Maybe some fancy smart-watch like device that can sense the signals sent to the fingers, so we can just type on a table or any other surface,,,, I think there still is a long way to devices we can communicate with directly by thought.

• Like 1