Pro 1x camera housing issue

My phone doesn't exhibit what you describe, but then again I think we can give you the all-clear there, because what you can touch on the back of the phone is not the camera itself, it is just a clear window over the camera, part of the phone's casing. The camera unit is fixed inside on the opposite plate, the one on top of which is the keyboard.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

My phone doesn't exhibit what you describe, but then again I think we can give you the all-clear there, because what you can touch on the back of the phone is not the camera itself, it is just a clear window over the camera, part of the phone's casing. The camera unit is fixed inside on the opposite plate, the one on top of which is the keyboard.

Does your camera stick out a bit because mine isn't flushed and when I do apply pressure to it and goes in about 1-2 mm and makes that crunchy sound.   Just want to check make sure it doesn't affect the camera in the future

1 hour ago, Mysti-Que2020 said:

Does your camera stick out a bit because mine isn't flushed and when I do apply pressure to it and goes in about 1-2 mm and makes that crunchy sound.   Just want to check make sure it doesn't affect the camera in the future

The Pro1X camera do protrude about 0.8mm, which is more than on the Pro1, where it is less than what I can measure.

• Thanks 2

It sticks out a bit, it just doesn't let itself be pushed inwards.

If you could look at it from the inside, you would see it having a substantial margin with which it is glued to the frame. On your phone it would seem that the glue doesn't stick well. If I were you, I'd try to not fiddle with it, as to not let it become completely unglued.

Q8213149.thumb.JPG.5da356d3cdfac71b9b670ce808e4289e.JPG

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rob. S. said:

If you could look at it from the inside, you would see it having a substantial margin with which it is glued to the frame. On your phone it would seem that the glue doesn't stick well. If I were you, I'd try to not fiddle with it, as to not let it become completely unglued.

Q8213149.thumb.JPG.5da356d3cdfac71b9b670ce808e4289e.JPG

I'm like a toddler,  i now I shouldn't fiddle with it but I do anyway 🤣.  But I'll will hold myself back and let it be

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Well the problem here is that it is sticking out, so very hard to not press it inadvertently. Every time you put it on a table (without a shell or case) it will get a slight bump, also using the keyboard placed at a table every key press, will press slightly on the camera...
So I would strongly suggest all Pro1X users to consider using a case OR at the very least add some suitable strip of self-adhesive rubber, at the least 1-1½mm thick along the long or short edge towards the camera, (can be found for next to nothing on ebay, thou bot likely in blue), so that the rubber hits the table first (that will also prevent the Pro1X from wobbling slightly used on a table.

e.g. https://www.ebay.ie/itm/403661273701 or clear https://www.ebay.ie/itm/325258934223
Clear silicone feet will have similar effect, e.g. https://www.ebay.ie/itm/203824798272

• EskeRahn changed the title to Pro 1x camera housing issue

Now I have tested and I did not hear sound after taking a photo (after turning off shutter sound) but there is a clicking sound when I press settings button for example (also that menu instantly turns off after opening in landscape mode).

It also produces that noise on closing camera app - anyway, that sound may be normal and it may come from focusing mechanism.

On 8/21/2022 at 5:14 PM, EskeRahn said:

The Pro1X camera do protrude about 0.8mm, which is more than on the Pro1, where it is less than what I can measure.

The Pro1's camera window is actually sunken-in by a tiny amount, to protect it when the phone is put on a table for keyboard operation. I remember f(x)tec were quite proud they had achieved that in designing the back of the phone ...

1 hour ago, claude0001 said:

The Pro1's camera window is actually sunken-in by a tiny amount, to protect it when the phone is put on a table for keyboard operation. I remember f(x)tec were quite proud they had achieved that in designing the back of the phone ...

yup, and this is the only outer difference between the two models, The Pro1 is almost flush, the Pro1X protrudes slightly

• Thanks 1