Notification lights

@Rob. S.

I don't get notifications lights for anything, but the LED does light up when I'm charging.   
This isn't intentional, and I still get sounds and on screen notifications for a lot of things, so I haven't pursued it too much.  🤔
I've just had a quick look to see if I've disabled notifications with some global setting, dnd, etc, but I can't see anything.  
I'll have a play, in particular Signal, and see if I can get it working on my PrawnX.  Which Signal app are you using?  

Edited by MonCon
  • Sad 1
18 hours ago, MonCon said:

I don't get notifications lights for anything, but the LED does light up when I'm charging

You're right, it seems like there's no notification light at all except for charging...

18 hours ago, MonCon said:

Which Signal app are you using?  

6.3.6 from Play Store, currently.

• Sad 1

Looks like Pro1 stock Android had similar problems, even though, at least at times, some people saw other notifications than just when charging... I never did use the Pro1 with stock, so I never made that experience...

1 hour ago, Rob. S. said:

Looks like Pro1 stock Android had similar problems, even though, at least at times, some people saw other notifications than just when charging... I never did use the Pro1 with stock, so I never made that experience...

After a bit of recon, bizarrely it seems that a lot of modern slabphones don't have notification lights!! 

I wonder if maybe the functionality in Android has drifted away as the big manufacturers can't even be bothered to give you an LED in your new $XXXXX iphone or samsung.  No wonder a keyboard is out of the question from those pirates (no offence to any real actual pirates who may be reading this).  

There are a couple of workarounds out there, including setting up your camera flash to scream at you and everybody else in sight, if you remembered to put your phone on the table screen-down camera-up in the first place then 'discreetly' turn it over to see the message.  
Or there's the option of faking an LED in the screen by lighting up just a few pixels where the LED should be.  If you've got a case you would need to drill another hole in it where it lights up, and I think this only works for AMOLED if you value your battery life, which is OK for Prawnsters, but not for some others.  
Both options seem like 'solutions to a problem that doesn't exist'. 

If you don't have this Android issue on your Pro1 running LOS then hopefully soon (fingers crossed) that's the solution for your Pro1X.  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Looks like Pro1 stock Android had similar problems

Notifications for SMS from Textra works correctly on Pro1, but NOT on Pro1X it seems.

Same goes for e.g. "Light Manager 2 - LED settings"

Some apps (e.g. "led colour tester" by Akshit Gupyta - note that there are more than one with that name, not all working!) and mail apps worked on earlier Pro1 stock android -though not latest- and do (still) work on both LineageOS and AICP (Pro1).

• Thanks 2