New Phone Case on Amazon

9 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

It is quite easy to cut an additional hole for the camera, if the ease of use outweigh the need of protecting the lenses - to each their own.

The best to use for round holes to look nice is to use a pipe of suitable size, like for making holes in leather. Do it from the front side to make the edges of the holes bend in nicely. The straight edges should be done with a chisel. A Stanley-knife can do, but is hard to control.

Or this

image.jpeg.8c99f36e2c2ddd29ea71a8c35d69a6cf.jpeg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait. You don't find this subtle? :D

@sequestris 's originally posted case has finally arrived and the verdict is mixed. Pros: 1) genuine leather, if that does not offend 2) camera and second mic holes match the Pro1x (per

Yes to everything. And yeah - total luck on the cutout.

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, sequestris said:

Phone attached Portrait

To others not knowing this particular type of flip-case: The phone is mounted on a plate that can slide 'up' (seen in portrait) to reveal the camera. A quite clever idea, at the cost of a little extra thickness.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, jakfish said:

@sequestris Can you get reverse portrait in auto-rotate?

17 minutes ago, sequestris said:

Can you do that on any phone?

I don't have a Pro1x, and it has been so long since I had stock, I can't say for stock.  But, yes, with Lineage OS on the Pro 1, you can do that.  Under settings>display>rotation settings, you can actually allow or exclude all or any of 0, 90, 180 or 270 degrees.

I don't use autorotate at all, just using the built in ability of the Pro1 to change from landscape to portrait by opening and closing the keyboard. In addition, there's a clever little lock-unlock icon that pops up that can be used in special cases.  When I open Kindle, I leave the keyboard out and turn the screen so it is in portrait. Kindle will flip into portrait and that lock icon pops up in the corner and if I tap it to lock, Kindle doesn't flip back to landscape because the keyboard is out. Allows me to have a secure grip on the keyboard while reading more text on a portrait screen.  That little lock icon is tricky... it pops up and then disappears if you aren't fast enough and you have to close the keyboard and try again.  But I do it once and Kindle remembers after that.

Edited by Hook
  • Like 2

Haven't yet moved to Lineage, still waiting for a beta/OTA that will turn the Pro1x into a phone, and if Lineage can follow suit...

Re: reverse portrait. I've found, but not tried, apps that will force the reverse, but nothing so far that will auto rotate it.

For now, case-wise, I'm using a Huawei 20 clear case, using @EskeRahn's fine instructions for hole-making. Even so, my case looks like Chucky went at it with a razor blade.

Glad you've mastered rotate on the Kindle, at least.

2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Yes that works fine for minor holes, but are usually too small for the cut-out neede for camera/flash (if not a sliding type like yours)

Thanks. Good to know. For the record, the slider has 3M stick but it removes clean with just the rub of a finger with no residue.
You can see how the slider  sits in this pic.

image.png.0fed96e92d8dd21771ece675ab655e80.png

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Hook said:

I don't have a Pro1x, and it has been so long since I had stock, I can't say for stock.  But, yes, with Lineage OS on the Pro 1, you can do that.  Under settings>display>rotation settings, you can actually allow or exclude all or any of 0, 90, 180 or 270 degrees.

I don't use autorotate at all, just using the built in ability of the Pro1 to change from landscape to portrait by opening and closing the keyboard. In addition, there's a clever little lock-unlock icon that pops up that can be used in special cases.  When I open Kindle, I leave the keyboard out and turn the screen so it is in portrait. Kindle will flip into portrait and that lock icon pops up in the corner and if I tap it to lock, Kindle doesn't flip back to landscape because the keyboard is out. Allows me to have a secure grip on the keyboard while reading more text on a portrait screen.  That little lock icon is tricky... it pops up and then disappears if you aren't fast enough and you have to close the keyboard and try again.  But I do it once and Kindle remembers after that.

I don't have an X - just a Pro1 and use stock. Had no idea that was even a thing.

Here's another seizure for ya - it works! The TPU case that came with it is too skinny although the right height. Not a biggie - I can get those on the cheap.
So I popped that off, ordered the right one on Amazon, and used some double-sided fabric tape and boom. Done.
Lemme know if y'all want me to find it in black or some non-eyesore color.

spacer.png
image.thumb.png.0a28dd90cf5f9f6cd3e44e9d8f34b818.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by sequestris
  • Like 1

So I understand correctly: the original tray with the case wouldn't fit the Pro1x, but the rest of the case was fine, size-wise. So you pulled the tray, knew of one that would fit, fastened the new tray with fabric tape, and that is where your phone sits? (amazing luck with the camera hole)

Do I have your process right?

If so, it's kinda worth a seizure.

Well done.

1 minute ago, jakfish said:

So I understand correctly: the original tray with the case wouldn't fit the Pro1x, but the rest of the case was fine, size-wise. So you pulled the tray, knew of one that would fit, fastened the new tray with fabric tape, and that is where your phone sits? (amazing luck with the camera hole)

Do I have your process right?

If so, it's kinda worth a seizure.

Well done.

Yes to everything. And yeah - total luck on the cutout.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, sequestris said:

Here's another seizure for ya - it works! The TPU case that came with it is too skinny although the right height. Not a biggie - I can get those on the cheap.
So I popped that off, ordered the right one on Amazon, and used some double-sided fabric tape and boom. Done.
Lemme know if y'all want me to find it in black or some non-eyesore color.

Your (large) image-links does not work here, no matter what I try....
Could it be some region-stuff, that you share the google-images US only? - Just a guess.

29 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Your (large) image-links does not work here, no matter what I try....
Could it be some region-stuff, that you share the google-images US only? - Just a guess.

Nah.  They don't work here either.  I even tried 2 different browsers and my phone as well.   :)