New Phone Case on Amazon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait. You don't find this subtle? :D

@sequestris 's originally posted case has finally arrived and the verdict is mixed. Pros: 1) genuine leather, if that does not offend 2) camera and second mic holes match the Pro1x (per

Yes to everything. And yeah - total luck on the cutout.

Posted Images

Would you mind posting a link to the same case, less noisy, and another for the correct tray?

BTW, I was looking back at the case's pix and saw your home screen. Can I assume you're a fellow insomniac? 2AM, my least favorite time, and yet I greet it every night 🙂

3 hours ago, jakfish said:

Would you mind posting a link to the same case, less noisy, and another for the correct tray?

BTW, I was looking back at the case's pix and saw your home screen. Can I assume you're a fellow insomniac? 2AM, my least favorite time, and yet I greet it every night 🙂

Sure give me a little bit, and that's PM 😛

• Like 1

Sorry for the long delay, but I haven't been able to find the flip case in a solid/less noisy color.

Also the tray is out of stock. I found another from a different company that I should have today.
Will keep you posted.

On 2/8/2023 at 4:14 PM, jakfish said:

Very kind of you, thanks.

• Like 1

@sequestris 's originally posted case has finally arrived and the verdict is mixed.

Pros:

1) genuine leather, if that does not offend

2) camera and second mic holes match the Pro1x (perhaps original Pro also, though I don't own one)

3) sturdy stitching

4) strong magnetized hasp

5) not as noisy as @sequestris 's paisley seizure 🙂

Cons:

1) Apparently a deliberate construction, the case's bottom has two separate pieces of interior backing under the leather. My guess it was to make the camera/mic holes easier to fabricate, perhaps because the factory could work with a smaller form factor, but I'm not certain. At any rate, the two pieces create a physical fold in the leather, running the length of the case, that I hope wear and tear will make less visible

2) The camera holes needed to be cut on left side (they're on the right) because when you match the holes to the Pro1x's, that puts the case's top in front of the kb rather than behind the phone; @EskeRahn recognized this dilemma and his cases carefully avoid it. OTH, if the holes were cut on the left, the hasp would protrude in front of the kb, which could be an annoyance as well

3) A user is supposed to attach the phone to case with preinstalled tape that looks too flimsy to secure the weight of the heavy fx

Ultimately, I'm pleased and will use it. I'm not sold on a fold-out case anyway, regardless of the holes' placement. I prefer @EskeRahn 's clear Huawei 20 case and as fates would have it, I can just fit the Pro1x with clear bottom case into @sequestris 's nice find, giving the screen and body the necessary protection for pretty lean transport (the clear case also protects buttons, etc where the fold case cannot), while allowing a "quick release" once the phone is needed.

So hats off to @sequestris for a careful eye on fxtec accoutrements and discovering a case that certainly fits my own needs.

Edited by jakfish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1