New Phone Case on Amazon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait. You don't find this subtle? :D

@sequestris 's originally posted case has finally arrived and the verdict is mixed. Pros: 1) genuine leather, if that does not offend 2) camera and second mic holes match the Pro1x (per

Yes to everything. And yeah - total luck on the cutout.

Posted Images

🙂 Your page has already been indispensable in guiding me through the choice and hole-making of Huawei clear case. Thank you for the time and all your experimenting.

I just went ahead and ordered the one cited in this thread, just to see. Beside, seller was giving 33 cents off original price. I can't resist a sale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is like the AlieExpress merchant who figured out that the Elephone U Pro screen could be used for the F(x) Tec Pro 1 and relabeled the screen (and, then, in this case, jacked up the price-- you can get Elephone U Pro screens much cheaper on Alie Express).  😄

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804530146022.html?gatewayAdapt=deu2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

• Haha 2

I'm trying to envision the geography of these cases that open left-to-right. It seems that most controls are on the right side of the phone, so that would circumvent a lot of cutting. Hole for the camera would obviously need addressing.

The potential rub: if the phone is physically attached to the case, the kb opens on the left, meaning the case's credit card side could get in the way of typing, unless the credit card side folded under everything somehow.

Or perhaps you don't physically attach the case (though the manufacturer in this thread suggests that you do). Or perhaps there's a way to reverse the portrait viewing, allowing the kb to open from the right. But at least in stock Android, portrait seems stuck in one direction only.

@sequestris -- nice find.

• Like 1
Just now, claude0001 said:

Looking at the pictures, its camera aperture does not seem to be low enough to accommodate the Pro1-X's lens. And certainly not its flash LED. Wouldn't recommend.

The pictures in this kind of listings are usually generic with 'some' phones, the last looks like an Iphone e.g. But what they actually sell could fit well.

1 hour ago, jakfish said:

I'm trying to envision the geography of these cases that open left-to-right. It seems that most controls are on the right side of the phone, so that would circumvent a lot of cutting. Hole for the camera would obviously need addressing.

Exactly. for an example, i made a slo-mo video that I put here:
https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2681-how-to-openshut-the-pro1pro1x/?tab=comments#comment-42061

Note that flip-cases come in several variants, of the simple one with a magnetic clasp, there are two. The one in the OP with a long 'latch', and the one with two short latches that meet at the side (like in the video)

• Like 1

@EskeRahn -- your custom flip cases seem to be designed so the kb extends to the right of of the case, allowing the credit card side of the case to lie behind the phone. That makes the best sense, but how do you address the need for reverse portrait (otherwise, when you open the case, the portrait screen is upside down)? Or are you working with an OS that allows auto-rotate to reverse portrait?

Or do I have my geography completely wrong? 🙂

20 minutes ago, jakfish said:

@EskeRahn -- your custom flip cases seem to be designed so the kb extends to the right of of the case, allowing the credit card side of the case to lie behind the phone. That makes the best sense, but how do you address the need for reverse portrait (otherwise, when you open the case, the portrait screen is upside down)? Or are you working with an OS that allows auto-rotate to reverse portrait?

Or do I have my geography completely wrong? 🙂

The flap goes under the screen when opened. In portrait I open the flap like e.g. a Manga or a Quran.

So the button are protected when the flap is closed.

BUT that means that you will either have to make a hole for the camera OR fold the flap all the way over for taking a photo.
I keep the inner shell of a P20 pro flipcase with the camerahole at the top, bt remove the whole flap, so it is glued on the other way.
Let me do a few photos, just a sec....
Add:

IMG_20230130_232415~01.jpg

IMG_20230130_232219~01.jpg

IMG_20230130_232307~01.jpg

And yes, some of the cases i got are made with more care than other - this one so sloppy that I even forgot the hole over the secondary microphone - though I did do the v-cut for it....in the inner shell...

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, jakfish said:

>> So the button are protected when the flap is closed. <<  Okay, I understand now. You could do it vice-versa, less holes to cut, but exposed button. Got it.

Yup. But as I do not use the camera that often, I see it as an added benefit that the camera is protected when closed....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

I see it as an added benefit that the camera is protected when closed...

Not to disregard that it may work for some, but just my 2 cents to all others: Think about how often you use your phone's camera, for family pictures, barcode scanning and all that ... In many cases, a flip case that does not have the holes where they should be will not make you happy.

Apropos of custom cases, but not for the fxtex, this arrived today.

Through a comedy of mailing errors, a fellow user on a handheld site received two and bequeathed one to me. It's custom-made for the HP 200LX. It must've cost a pretty penny. Wonder what price Aldona would charge for something custom for the phones here.

200LX Case 1-min.jpg

200LX Case 2-min.jpg

7 hours ago, claude0001 said:

Not to disregard that it may work for some, but just my 2 cents to all others: Think about how often you use your phone's camera, for family pictures, barcode scanning and all that ... In many cases, a flip case that does not have the holes where they should be will not make you happy.

It is quite easy to cut an additional hole for the camera, if the ease of use outweigh the need of protecting the lenses - to each their own.

The best to use for round holes to look nice is to use a pipe of suitable size, like for making holes in leather. Do it from the front side to make the edges of the holes bend in nicely. The straight edges should be done with a chisel. A Stanley-knife can do, but is hard to control.

19 hours ago, jakfish said:

The potential rub: if the phone is physically attached to the case, the kb opens on the left, meaning the case's credit card side could get in the way of typing, unless the credit card side folded under everything somehow.

Or perhaps you don't physically attach the case (though the manufacturer in this thread suggests that you do). Or perhaps there's a way to reverse the portrait viewing, allowing the kb to open from the right. But at least in stock Android, portrait seems stuck in one direction only.

@sequestris -- nice find.

Phone attached landscape

image.thumb.png.63ddd606410e56b0769c3a4c06ec0f23.png