Jump to content

replacement screen.


Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, guss said:

i also recived two of them, and there is black spots on bottoms right and left, and there is dead zone on left and right of the screen on first touch (if i touch on center and go to the edge my finger is detected on the edge, bu if i directly touch the edge, nothing is detected)

so I have the margin problem, and I don't know how to correct it, someone can explain how to do that?

Right - I have tested those displays (with Pro1) but had no time publishing the results yet.
However, smaller or bigger black corners were there, they clearly seem to be part of former Pro1 replaced bits as part of qality assurance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hook said:

As far as I know, there is no solution for the Pro1x unless you have access to a Pro1.  If you connect the display to a Pro 1, you can use the Pro 1 method of flashing/reflashing Stock Android 9 and then put the display back into the Pro1x and it will work properly.  However, there is no patch we know of for the Pro1x using those displays. 

Ok ... I don't have pro1, i only have pro1x. I will try the second display i bought, perhaps it realy comme from a pro1. 

But, can someone explain to me, why only pro1 + stock android 9 can update the touch panel ?

Is there a specific driver? 

I don't realy understand the world of android, compared to the PC world. On Pc you cant install particaly wahtever you want, On android devices is like your luky is you can do what you want...

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, guss said:

But, can someone explain to me, why only pro1 + stock android 9 can update the touch panel ?

Because it does not have the specific code in the boot proess which checks that setting.
Originally Pro1's firmware also did not have this check, it came through an update.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, patrykgrzesiak said:

And I just broke my screen... 😭

Is it still possible to order a replacement from FxTec?

If you have a Pro1, yes, maybe.  They had those in stock (it includes the proper frame), or you can order Elephone U Pro displays (without the frame) from Alie express or there is the full-frame screen for the Pro 1 linked above in this thread, also from Alie Express.

For the Pro1x, no, they don't have. And if they have any, they would be going to people who ordered them on IGG, but probably not in London. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2024 at 9:27 PM, Hook said:

If you have a Pro1, yes, maybe.  They had those in stock (it includes the proper frame), or you can order Elephone U Pro displays (without the frame) from Alie express or there is the full-frame screen for the Pro 1 linked above in this thread, also from Alie Express.

For the Pro1x, no, they don't have. And if they have any, they would be going to people who ordered them on IGG, but probably not in London. 

Thank you. I have ordered one from Aliexpress

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 12:33 PM, VaZso said:

Because it does not have the specific code in the boot proess which checks that setting.
Originally Pro1's firmware also did not have this check, it came through an update.

perhaps this possible to find the sources of this android version ?  

or connect new screen to a I2C capable controller (arduino, raspberry, USB<->ic2) to read conf of old screen and writ it to the new one ?

Edited by guss
oh i have reed you post the datasheet of touch screen controller (GT928)
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2024 at 10:08 PM, guss said:

perhaps this possible to find the sources of this android version ? 

I don't think, F(x)tec is not open about such information and I am unsure if they even have that code...
However, the process is not complicated.

I have tried to reach the hardware from Linux environment on Pro1 but direct access did not work that way (or I have not fond out how to completely release touch device under Android).

On 5/24/2024 at 10:08 PM, guss said:

or connect new screen to a I2C capable controller (arduino, raspberry, USB<->ic2) to read conf of old screen and writ it to the new one ?

That would be possible but an appropriate connector of the display would be needed and the exact location of VCC, GND and I2C (SDA and SCL) lines should be wired out... then a microcontroller or microcomputer could also be used to do the configuration.
(So Raspberry or other microcomputer which has I2C interface, or a microcontroller like AVR, MSP430, STM32, etc.)

So practically the job is easy but the task is complicated because the need of a special connector and pinout...
...also VCC could be a question if it is 3.3V or maybe lower voltage...

Edited by VaZso
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms