replacement screen.

21 hours ago, guss said:

i also recived two of them, and there is black spots on bottoms right and left, and there is dead zone on left and right of the screen on first touch (if i touch on center and go to the edge my finger is detected on the edge, bu if i directly touch the edge, nothing is detected)

so I have the margin problem, and I don't know how to correct it, someone can explain how to do that?

Right - I have tested those displays (with Pro1) but had no time publishing the results yet.
However, smaller or bigger black corners were there, they clearly seem to be part of former Pro1 replaced bits as part of qality assurance.

6 hours ago, Hook said:

As far as I know, there is no solution for the Pro1x unless you have access to a Pro1.  If you connect the display to a Pro 1, you can use the Pro 1 method of flashing/reflashing Stock Android 9 and then put the display back into the Pro1x and it will work properly.  However, there is no patch we know of for the Pro1x using those displays. 

Ok ... I don't have pro1, i only have pro1x. I will try the second display i bought, perhaps it realy comme from a pro1. 

But, can someone explain to me, why only pro1 + stock android 9 can update the touch panel ?

Is there a specific driver? 

I don't realy understand the world of android, compared to the PC world. On Pc you cant install particaly wahtever you want, On android devices is like your luky is you can do what you want...

12 hours ago, guss said:

But, can someone explain to me, why only pro1 + stock android 9 can update the touch panel ?

Because it does not have the specific code in the boot proess which checks that setting.
Originally Pro1's firmware also did not have this check, it came through an update.

41 minutes ago, patrykgrzesiak said:

And I just broke my screen... 😭

Is it still possible to order a replacement from FxTec?

If you have a Pro1, yes, maybe.  They had those in stock (it includes the proper frame), or you can order Elephone U Pro displays (without the frame) from Alie express or there is the full-frame screen for the Pro 1 linked above in this thread, also from Alie Express.

For the Pro1x, no, they don't have. And if they have any, they would be going to people who ordered them on IGG, but probably not in London. 

On 5/17/2024 at 9:27 PM, Hook said:

If you have a Pro1, yes, maybe.  They had those in stock (it includes the proper frame), or you can order Elephone U Pro displays (without the frame) from Alie express or there is the full-frame screen for the Pro 1 linked above in this thread, also from Alie Express.

For the Pro1x, no, they don't have. And if they have any, they would be going to people who ordered them on IGG, but probably not in London. 

Thank you. I have ordered one from Aliexpress

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 12:33 PM, VaZso said:

Because it does not have the specific code in the boot proess which checks that setting.
Originally Pro1's firmware also did not have this check, it came through an update.

perhaps this possible to find the sources of this android version ?  

or connect new screen to a I2C capable controller (arduino, raspberry, USB<->ic2) to read conf of old screen and writ it to the new one ?

Edited by guss
oh i have reed you post the datasheet of touch screen controller (GT928)
Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 10:08 PM, guss said:

perhaps this possible to find the sources of this android version ? 

I don't think, F(x)tec is not open about such information and I am unsure if they even have that code...
However, the process is not complicated.

I have tried to reach the hardware from Linux environment on Pro1 but direct access did not work that way (or I have not fond out how to completely release touch device under Android).

On 5/24/2024 at 10:08 PM, guss said:

or connect new screen to a I2C capable controller (arduino, raspberry, USB<->ic2) to read conf of old screen and writ it to the new one ?

That would be possible but an appropriate connector of the display would be needed and the exact location of VCC, GND and I2C (SDA and SCL) lines should be wired out... then a microcontroller or microcomputer could also be used to do the configuration.
(So Raspberry or other microcomputer which has I2C interface, or a microcontroller like AVR, MSP430, STM32, etc.)

So practically the job is easy but the task is complicated because the need of a special connector and pinout...
...also VCC could be a question if it is 3.3V or maybe lower voltage...

Edited by VaZso
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I have received my screen from Aliexpress and it is missing the connector board. Are there any specific instructions how to move it from the broken screen without damaging?

edit:
There were 2 small screws near the camera and some glue in the middle

Screen has been replaced successfully. The screen is ok, everything works as intended. I can recommend the full frame Pro1 screen from Aliexpress 🙂

Edited by patrykgrzesiak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 6/4/2024 at 6:18 PM, patrykgrzesiak said:

Screen has been replaced successfully. The screen is ok, everything works as intended. I can recommend the full frame Pro1 screen from Aliexpress 🙂

Everthing works... with original Android or with a custom rom like LineageOS?
Thanks for your experience report!