Parts shared between Pro1 and Pro1X

Hiya folks, the title says it all really but here goes the question:

What parts are shared between the Pro1 and Pro1X?

I'm talking about everything down to the wiring, is the screen flex cable the same? The whole screen itself? What parts of the body/case? The usb module? The minijack module?

You get the jist.

Thanks!

Andy

• Like 1

I don't think we have firm information about some things.  The screens are interchangeable.  We have been told the batteries are not, odd as that seems.  Anything else?  No solid official information.  Don't know if we have anyone who has taken apart both and compared them.  I do think the body/case is the same, but I'm just guessing.

15 hours ago, Hook said:

I do think the body/case is the same, but I'm just guessing.

Nope, they are not identical, the USB is moved further away from the back on the Pro1X (to allow for larger plugs, like the round magnetic charge-only ones)
And I think they said something about different antenna-layout at some point.

If I remember correctly, the physical keyboard parts are the same, though the logical key-layout printed is different. (the qwertZ layout for Germany and others might be identical)

• Thanks 2

Okey dokey, in that case it'll have to be a case of getting a Pro1 and a Pro1X in pieces side by side. Shame I sold my Pro1X!

Will keep my eyes out for a cheap one someone is sick of to do some science.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Another thread here made me thinking that what are the chances if Pro1-X mainboard could work on Pro1 (and vice versa). Of course, the phone would change to Pro1 -> Pro1-X (or other way around) since the main board determites software etc.

The board is definitely different (not the same SoC etc.) but the size could be identical. We know that battery has different connector and camera is different so you probably need to swap those also. But if other connectors are the same could it be just "plug and play"?

Edit: Pro1 and Pro1-X are more different than I first thought so you cannot swap parts that easily.

Differences identified so far:

Main board

• Pro1: SD835 SoC with 6/128GB
  • Pro1-X: SD662 SoC with 8/256GB

Camera

• Pro1: 12MP IMX363 +5MP
  • Pro1-X: 48MP IMX586

Battery (same cell, different connector)

• Pro1: 3200mAh with "Xiaomi Mi6" connector
  • Pro1-X: 3200mAh with "Huawei P9" connector

Back cover

• Pro1: Black, USB connector located lower (+small blue batch)
  • Pro1-X: Blue or black, USB connector located upper (LTE and NFC antennas resigned and back cover remoulded, Indiegogo updates #20 #21)

USB board

• Pro1: Antenna cable connector has different location
  • Pro1-X: Antenna cable connector has different location +extra hole (board redesigned, Indiegogo update #21)

Side buttons flex cable

• Different between Pro1 and Pro1-X (source)

Fingerprint sensor

• Redesigned on Pro1-X (source: Indiegogo update #14)

Screen panel with the frame

• Same screen panel and frame but the selfie camera different (source)

PIctures:

Pro1

spacer.png

spacer.png

Pro1-X

IMG_20230715_095638.jpg.976ea82c325042a8948525b6d2af4b1a.thumb.jpg.8e8f7a3b1405bc5b88f246115236e4ba.jpg

IMG_20231108_220539.jpg

Comparison

Missing Pins.jpg

Just thinking about future repair needs that might come...

Edited by FlyingAntero
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I believe they said that had to redesign the case due something with the antennas.
So I would not expect neither the inner of a Pro1 working in a Pro1X case nor vice versa.

...but could be wrong, this is just what I recall they said over three years ago...

39 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I believe they said that had to redesign the case due something with the antennas.
So I would not expect neither the inner of a Pro1 working in a Pro1X case nor vice versa.

...but could be wrong, this is just what I recall they said over three years ago...

It might be the case. However, if they redesigned the case, it is little bit funny that they left hole for two cameras 😄. But probably they wanted to go as close to Pro1 as possible so they used same camera protection glass for both.

2023-09-21-01-59-19-008.jpg

In the minor department they moved the USB-plug about 1mm further from the back, making it easier to use e.g. round magnetic charging plugs, so the lower half is not 100% identical. But we are talking a very small change, It could still be that the usb-board is the same, or at the least are physically exchangeable without the need of extending the hole,

Any changes in the antennas could be what is put on the same basic metal frame.

We would need to take one of each apart side by side, or have an official reply on which parts that are identical and which one that are just 'similar' bur modified.

• Like 1

I wonder if the keyboard is the same, as I have a Pro1 who works perfectly but the keyboard is dead.
Probably the keyboard's FPC, sometime keyboard works perfect and most of the time not.

Does anyone know if we could find a Service Manual for the pro1 X ?

I will probably dismount the whole old pro1 first to look a bit further.

My idea is to swap keyboards parts between Pro1 and Pro1X, but not sure this would be possible.

• Like 1
On 8/17/2024 at 12:13 PM, raymo said:

I wonder if the keyboard is the same, as I have a Pro1 who works perfectly but the keyboard is dead.
Probably the keyboard's FPC, sometime keyboard works perfect and most of the time not.

Does anyone know if we could find a Service Manual for the pro1 X ?

I will probably dismount the whole old pro1 first to look a bit further.

My idea is to swap keyboards parts between Pro1 and Pro1X, but not sure this would be possible.

I would expect the electric part to be identical, though the US QWERTY key-MAT on top obviously has a different key layout. The German qwertZ might be the same though.

• 3 weeks later...

I edited my previous post with updated information. Pro1 and Pro1-X are more different than I first thought so you cannot swap parts that easily. I added also the source for the information.

Here are few Indiegogo updates:

• Both the fingerprint sensor and the camera will be redesigned once the samples have been fully tested in the factory.

• The Fingerprint sensor now has a new module. We’re expecting the performance to be more accurate than the Pro1 and keep you updated once we have a working prototype.

• Our engineering team in China has had to start the antenna development process completely from scratch because the antenna on the Pro1-X is completely different from that on the Pro1. 

• After re-designing the full antenna system last month, we carried out RF tests and found that certain LTE bands failed due to interference with the USB-C port. To fix this, we have had to redesign the mini board with Type-C port, which has taken us a couple of weeks. 
  • The new back metal cover of the Pro1-X (with new antenna parts) was causing signal failure for NFC. This meant that we had to change and re-mould the cover to fit the new NFC antenna (due to the full antenna system redesign). This step was completed last week, and we have since tested and verified that the NFC now works on the Pro1-X as the original Pro1. 

• Thanks 4