I would like to know how are you focusing on the PKB tactile feedback.

Will the keys have a mushy and non clicky feel or will they have some travel and good feeling?

I cannot see in the renders if the PKB will use hard plastic or rubber keys.

thanks

I hope for 'hard' key surface too. The Priv does it in a 9.4mm 'thick' slider body, so far from unobtainable.

Also look at the click-on keyboards for the Samsung Galaxy devices adding only 3mm.

I'm not a big fan of 'rubber' surface keys like many pocket calculators, so hope that it will not be like that.

But i'm not so optimistic hoping that they can squeeze in pc-keyboard style individual key-mechanism giving the same click all over each key. I guess that the activation and 'click' will be by clicking a 'dome', like its is used for (almost) all compact keyboards. And often under each pc key too.

There have been tons of keyboard smartphones with either a mushy and non-clicky feel or with travel in the past, so it's definitely possible. Doesn't need to be a mechanical keyboard (which are terrible to type on IMHO anyway) like on some PC gaming keyboards.

Personally I prefer the mushy ones.

And Blackberry's keyboards are the absolute worst, can't type on them properly.

The Samsung click-on keyboards are not better either.

Anyway, I'm confident that, as an admirer of old keyboard smartphones, Liangchen will make sure we get an awesome keyboard to type on.

• 2 months later...

I don't think that is the hardest part, since there is native keyboard support included in Android. Nearly every phone can be controlled via an OTG USB Keyboard, Bluetooth keyboard or similar.

I would like to know how are you focusing on the PKB tactile feedback.

Will the keys have a mushy and non clicky feel or will they have some travel and good feeling?

I cannot see in the renders if the PKB will use hard plastic or rubber keys.

thanks

Phones like Nokia E7, Sony Xperia Pro Mk16i and the likes all had excellent keys. With modern technology, and the fact that FxTec constantly refers to the Nokia Communicators as their inspiration, I doubt they will half-ass the buttons; which are one of the most important things for a phone like this.

Keyboard feeling has a lot of factors determine it, key travel and it's feeling has always been the top priority when we design the device. We keep improving it up to the date.

The tweet Eske shown above was from our early (gen1) proto.

In this tweet, you will see gen 3 (on the left) compare with gen 2 (on the right)

Once we decided the time for our meet and greet, we hope the keyboard can be tried and tested by more users. :)