Price,shipping, warranty and screen protection

Hi,

the device looks great (except the round display edges, but I understand you can make everyone happy).

I have some questions:

1) what currency will be used for my order? The price is the same in several currencies and that makes quite a difference.

2) I suppose you will ship the device to EU countries. What is the shipping cost (roughly) ? Where is the device shipped from (because of tax and duty)?

3) what is the warranty? Will be the warranty void by installing an unofficial system?

4) will you sell some screen protectors (foil, tampered glass, etc.)?

Thank you

Pavel

On 4) I do not know if there will be some official ones, but I think it MIGHT be possible to cut a protector for the S8+ or S9+ as these are slightly longer, but looks to have a fairly similar edge-design, and they are 73.4 resp. 73.8mm versus the 73.6mm of the Pro¹

That will be one of the very first things I will try to do when I get my hands on one.

(I already ordered some tempered glass protectors for the two models and a glass cutter....)

• 1 month later...

The shipping cost would be important for me too. Depending on that I may order it to a different country (Germany instead of Switzerland, because it is in the EU). And fetch it there.

Without this information preodering has to wait for me. It may sound stupid but it wouldn't be the first time the extra 50km to Switzerland would cost a fortune.

The shipping cost would be important for me too. Depending on that I may order it to a different country (Germany instead of Switzerland, because it is in the EU). And fetch it there.

Without this information preodering has to wait for me. It may sound stupid but it wouldn’t be the first time the extra 50km to Switzerland would cost a fortune.

Indeed! Living reasonably close to a border or having friends at the other side, can make a huge difference. I remember once when I should send a Ricoh camera to Germany for repair, it would cost a minor fortune from Denmark, but as a friend was visiting Berlin a few days later he brought it and sent it for 'next to nothing'...

Though compared to the €650 it is likely to be marginal.

Without this information preodering has to wait for me. It may sound stupid but it wouldn’t be the first time the extra 50km to Switzerland would cost a fortune.

Indeed! Living reasonably close to a border or having friends at the other side, can make a huge difference. I remember once when I should send a Ricoh camera to Germany for repair, it would cost a minor fortune from Denmark, but as a friend was visiting Berlin a few days later he brought it and sent it for ‘next to nothing’…

Though compared to the €650 it is likely to be marginal.

It is mostly marginal in the EU. But Switzerland is often not really handled in the logistic. I once ordered a chair from GB which had free shipping to the EU. But it was 69.90 Euros to Switzerland. So it is unfortunately not marginal.

It is mostly marginal in the EU. But Switzerland is often not really handled in the logistic. I once ordered a chair from GB which had free shipping to the EU. But it was 69.90 Euros to Switzerland. So it is unfortunately not marginal.

Ouch! That was a nasty one! ;(

Though I'm quite sure the Pro¹ parcel is going to be both smaller and lighter than a chair. ;) But it could still be disproportional expensive.

We will have our EU local reseller helping for distribution. So user will not need to pay any custom tax. :)

EU customers will be fine in terms of customs. Not confirmed, but a reasonable guess would that it's shipping from the UK in that case, since that's where F(x)tec is located as a company.

EU customers will be fine in terms of customs. Not confirmed, but a reasonable guess would that it’s shipping from the UK in that case, since that’s where F(x)tec is located as a company.

Well not to stir up a commotions or saying anything one way or the other, but currently it seems rather unclear what the Brexit situation will be when this ships, so I would say it is hard to guess.

I took myself the liberty of curiously contacting panzerglass.com about the possibilty of a custom-made tempered glass protector. Friendly contact, (danish :) ) they're interested in further specifications, and minimum for a new production would be more than 500.

I sent a request to Zagg for creating a template for their "invisible shield on demand" product, which is a machine which can cut protections in-store specifically for the model. They also protect curved edges. Requested as Elephone U Pro, since this is already available.

If they accept the request, look out for shops which have such a machine in their stores (Media Markt / Saturn in Germany for example).

I sent a request to Zagg for creating a template for their “invisible shield on demand” product, which is a machine which can cut protections in-store specifically for the model. They also protect curved edges. Requested as Elephone U Pro, since this is already available.

If they accept the request, look out for shops which have such a machine in their stores (Media Markt / Saturn in Germany for example).

Should also consult with Spigen. Quality cases and glad protectors at half the price of Zagg.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4) I do not know if there will be some official ones, but I think it MIGHT be possible to cut a protector for the S8+ or S9+ as these are slightly longer, but looks to have a fairly similar edge-design, and they are 73.4 resp. 73.8mm versus the 73.6mm of the Pro¹

That will be one of the very first things I will try to do when I get my hands on one.

(I already ordered some tempered glass protectors for the two models and a glass cutter….)

The cutting failed miserably, but protectors for the Elephone U Pro with the same front exists.