Does it have FM radio? IRT?

• 3 weeks later...

I too would like FM, but I doubt very much that it will be there when not mentioned in the specs.

I would like DAB+ too, but that is even more unlikely....

And indeed Radio over data, can easily eat 0.1GB/hour (DR.DK Danish national broadcast eats that) so for those having a few hours of daily transportation this can add up to a substantial amount for a month, e.g. 20x(2+2)|x0.1GB=8GB

Yes, excellent.

Will headphones be required to be attached for radio to work, or just for improved reception? I seem to recall some device I had that requred them as no other form of antenna.

I recollect either the N95 or N97 required you to plug in headphones to use the FM radio maybe one of those but I suspect other nokia phones were like it at the time.

I recollect either the N95 or N97 required you to plug in headphones to use the FM radio maybe one of those but I suspect other nokia phones were like it at the time.

All the phones I have had with FM required the use of the headphones as antenna, and this goes for the tiny portable FM-radios I have had too. As the FM lies around a wavelength of 3m, they need something comparable to 1/4 of that, that is comparable to 75cm. So even the largest phablets would struggle with FM with an internal antenna only. It might work with a strong signal under ideal conditions.

So without knowing for sure, I feel quite convinced that the cable is needed.