I really hope the community port will be successful and that this will also help bring sailfishOS a bit forwarad.

So, if the combination gets running, I'm sure it'll find its lovers.

Is there a chance to see the prototype at the demo event?

• 4 weeks later...

Maemo.org member did a short Q&A with Michał Szczepaniak about State of the port

For those who cannot read the forum:

To spare you all some time i did a short Q&A with Michał and here is a wrap up:

Only the second camera on back seems to be a real challenge not doable without reinventing the whole feature eg. "implement own algorithm to use it for that stupid effect."

But Selfi camera works as

wifi kinda works but not fully

nfc works

dualsim works

sensors are working i recall. one unit latest had it working on froscon. iirc they are a little bit buggy aka not always working

making sensors stable and gps working is on todo list and totally doable

it has 4.4 kernel getting anbox to work should be piece of cake

i think it will be pretty stable to use and possible anbox so android app support

Currently not fully working or no information:

fingerprint won't work until jolla opensource it

external display might be challenging

i can't say anything about battery life cause i have prototype not final device

gps is not working iirc

Bluetooth is buggy

video playing is not working but thats fixable

on screen keyboard doesn't show up after bootup you need to open and close keyboard

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 8/15/2019 at 8:13 AM, Joakim said:

gps is not working iirc

Hopefully this will get fixed by the time we get the device. I'd really love to go for a hacked together Sailfish OS + Gentoo Prefix setup on the Pro1, but I still need standard smartphone functionalities (Phone, SMS, MMS, cellular network internet, GPS, and flashlight) to work reliably.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Joakim said:

Forgot to add that you can track the progress of the port here:

https://github.com/sailfish-on-fxtecpro1

Would you please explain me, where I can find the progress? there are many folders with many files, but I havent seen this before, so I am lost at that site.. Would you please be so kind to tell us whats going on? Shortly? Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Swond said:

Would you please explain me, where I can find the progress? there are many folders with many files, but I havent seen this before, so I am lost at that site.. Would you please be so kind to tell us whats going on? Shortly? Thanks in advance.

That's a Github organization which contains repositories, each pretty much required for phone to run properly and they usually take care of different things on the phone. Repositories are ordered by modification date, and you can see which one has received changes lately. Repositories contain issue -trackers  (https://github.com/sailfish-on-fxtecpro1/<REPOSITORYNAMEHERE>/issues) where developers (or porters in this case) can add discussion and notifications on what is left to be done or what bugs they have encountered.

Sometimes there are pull request (https://github.com/sailfish-on-fxtecpro1/<REPOSITORYNAMEHERE>/pulls) which are incoming work where developer request feedback/review from others. 

Sometimes organizations also contain projects which further can help you to track down the progress and see what people are working on. They include Kanvases and other simple project management tools.

However, if you are not a developer, these won't generally tell you much. In general Github / Git is kinda advanced topic to touch on.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Joakim said:

However, if you are not a developer, these won't generally tell you much. In general Github / Git is kinda advanced topic to touch on.

Yeah for everyday people just look at the open issues.   There are a few biggies in there 😞

• Thanks 1