You are teasing me with that Keyboard Layout chooser! :D

When will you add QWERTZ to it so I can pre-order without any "yes, but actually please make it QWERTZ" complications?

Or should I just go ahead and change the order to QWERTZ in the process?

Saw the Düsseldorf video btw, device looks great!

See

Linking to this
:)

So I should just go ahead with the QWERTY Pre-Order?

Currently you can request an existing pre-order to be changed to QWERTZ.

But I do agree that it would be nice if the dropdown for new pre-orders actually let us choose the layout, instead of making it with qwerty and then request it changed.

See

Linking to this

Currently you can request an existing pre-order to be changed to QWERTZ.

But I do agree that it would be nice if the dropdown for new pre-orders actually let us choose the layout, instead of making it with qwerty and then request it changed.

Thanks but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe someone will be able to clarify or change the chooser. I would love to preorder without any QWERTY/Z limbo scenario.

F(x)tec mentioned, that they currently want to make sure that all QWERTZ devices are shipped to Europe.. I guess they check the orders manually if you request the qwertz layout afterwards, and might decline US-QWERTZ requests.

Might be related to logistics, because the QWERTZ devices will all be shipped to and from the UK.

See

Linking to this

Currently you can request an
existing
pre-order to be changed to QWERT
Z

But I do agree that it would be nice if the dropdown for
new
pre-orders actually let us choose the layout, instead of making it with qwerty and then request it changed.

Thanks but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe someone will be able to clarify or change the chooser. I would love to preorder without any QWERTY/Z limbo scenario.

Well as long as you change before you pay, you can be pretty sure you will not get the QWERTY ;)

....But yes, it would be logical if they added the option to the initial dropdown,

I now also ordered the QWERTY version and used the form afterwards to change it to QWERTZ. My order number is already >23.900. I hope the QWERTZ orders will also get priority (like promised) when using the indiegogo-coupon :)

I am also interested in the QWERTZ layout, but not the German variant. The Hungarian QWERTZ is similar, but also much different:

German QWERTZ keyboard

Hungarian QWERTZ keyboard

I will not modify my pre-order until the Hungarian layout is available, since the German layout is useless for me. Also I am better waiting for the complete localization.

Laszlo

You are aware that this not like say the BB Priv where the layout you get has to match the print, right?

As a Dane I have changed my order to German QWERTZ, as it will be reasonably close to Danish layout. with only a few keys with print not matching.

It will be much closer that the shifted QWERTY.

For any languages with additional national letters right of the A-Z block, the German QWERTZ is a good starting point, with only a few 'wrong' prints.

But of course each can wait and see if enough interest will be there for their exact language layout. Personally I doubt it for Danish....

I will not modify my pre-order until the Hungarian layout is available, since the German layout is useless for me. Also I am better waiting for the complete localization.

I doubt a Hungarian layout will be available at all - unfortunately, I don't think a relatively high demand which would make F(x)tec to think about it.

For me, I have chose the German layout because it is not shifted.

If a Hungarian keyboard would be available, I would chose that, or if an unshifted querty keyboard would exist, I would choose that instead of German one.

I would use Hungarian or Hungarian-like keyboard for web browsing / e-mail / chatting and US keyboard for terminal applications - so I would be much happier if at least one of these layouts would be completely the one written on the buttons.

So, German layout is a compromise for me, because shifted US layout would make using Hungarian / English layouts much harder.

I doubt a Hungarian layout will be available at all – unfortunately, I don’t think a relatively high demand which would make F(x)tec to think about it.

For me, I have chose the German layout because it is not shifted.

If a Hungarian keyboard would be available, I would chose that, or if an unshifted querty keyboard would exist, I would choose that instead of German one.

I would use Hungarian or Hungarian-like keyboard for web browsing / e-mail / chatting and US keyboard for terminal applications – so I would be much happier if at least one of these layouts would be completely the one written on the buttons.

So, German layout is a compromise for me, because shifted US layout would make using Hungarian / English layouts much harder.

I have it 99.99% exactly the same way (substituting Hungarian with Danish in your text) :-D