Password Keeper or Locker for Pro1?

Hi, I am currently using Blackberry Keyone, (It was the only available option to jump from my sinking Samsung Relay(s).

Not very fond of Keyone keyboard, as it's too small for by big hands!

Anyway, what I really like is the security available on this BB device with couple of inbuilt apps like "Password Keeper" to store usernames and passwords of various websites and "Locker" to store confidential data/ pics etc.

Will any such similar options/ apps be made available for Pro1? I don't trust 3rd party apps..

I have already paid for my Pro1 and eagerly looking forward to it's shipment by mid Sep!

Cheers!

I do get your concern, but as I too is slightly paranoid, I do not see why we would trust build in software on a TCL device more than a third party app? Remember that BB as a brand is now just licensed to be used by Chinese TCL. I trusted the BB brand more while they were delivered by a Canadian company, as I trust the political environment they are operating in more in Canada.

I like to believe that my BB Priv was (well: is) slightly more secure than the pure Android, And definitely more secure than my Samsung S8- that comes with a truck-load of bloat that is marked as system, and requires ADB disable, or rooting to get rid off...

Would I 'trust' an added home-build Password-keeper on the Pro1, if they made one? Well I would see it this way: Though I trust the guys at F(x)tec, I think that the risk of such a small start-up company to accidentally have a security hole in such software would be substantial. So I would suggest to go for some open source software with a high number of users instead.

Personally I'm very glad that they do NOT try to add a lot of software to the native Android.

This is definitely an over kill. While I understand the doubt in commercial product most of them have a great track record. And they would instantly be dead if they fuck up, because it is there core business (that is the difference to other companies).

A lot of them are just so convenient that it is hard to think of anything else once you start using them. I use lastpass f.e. But if you don't like the cloud storage, you could use 1Password and sync your vault over Dropbox, iCloud or your own wifi.

Keepass would be the opensource alternative, but it has some attack vectors.

If that is not enough, you will have to write one yourself. But most likely a product like lastpass would be more secure. It is worth noting, that your vault is always transferred encrypted and the companies do not have access to them (at least in theory).

The biggest problem could be that angry orange man demanding access to all encrypted things on the internet. I have no information if these services are forced to add backdoors.

While I understand the doubt in commercial product most of them have a great track record. And they would instantly be dead if they fuck up, because it is there core business (that is the difference to other companies).

The biggest problem could be that angry orange man demanding access to all encrypted things on the internet. I have no information if these services are forced to add backdoors.

Yup, the risk of them having holes are less than any home brew you, I or Fxtec might cook up. And if they were deliberately stealing they would only need to be caught doing so once to be dead...

But SURE the NSA and similar in other countries have access to everything on our devices (if not they would be incompetent). It is bad, but we just have to accept it or stay off line.

I have no illusions of real security. Big brother IS watching you.

But SURE the NSA and similar in other countries have access to everything on our devices (if not they would be incompetent). It is bad, but we just have to accept it or stay off line.

I have no illusions of real security. Big brother IS watching you.

The point I forgot to add: Your passwordmanager is not the primary attack vector here. They will force backdoors into the services directly anyway.

Security and confidentiality focus on constant updates and keeping yourself a head of the curve. Having these features be implemented by third parties is good idea, because that's their whole business plan, their key motivator for them to do better than the rest. If these companies fail to deliver believable security and confidentiality, they are essentially dead. And if you really want to be sure, use something open source.

I would keep first party software at bare minimum (i.e. non-existent) and focus on improving the landscape experience of Pro1 and platform support. It's just not a wise idea.

I would keep first party software at bare minimum (i.e. non-existent) and focus on improving the landscape experience of Pro1 and platform support. It’s just not a wise idea.

That seem to be the philosophy of Fxtec.

Do the needed drivers, and add only device related stuff (like controlling the keyboard backlight, slider action and keyboard layout), that are not generically included in Android.

Personally I think they should not even have made special apps for the Logo-key. Though the default apps like gmail is clearly not optimized for landscape well, there ARE third party apps that does work well in landscape and with keyboard. So why try to re-invent he wheel? IMHO a waste of their development money... The chance of it being better than say K9 I see as minimal - but of course they might prove me wrong. And sure just about ANYTHING will be better than Google's calendar, that is a disgrace, only offering day-overview in landscape?!?!?

ADD: I would say they should rather just have an official list of apps they can recommend as tested to work well in landscape and with keyboard. Sort of what I have tried to start user-based here

I would keep first party software at bare minimum (i.e. non-existent) and focus on improving the landscape experience of Pro1 and platform support. It’s just not a wise idea.

That seem to be the philosophy of Fxtec.

Do the needed drivers, and add only device related stuff (like controlling the keyboard backlight, slider action and keyboard layout), that are not generically included in Android.

Personally I think they should not even have made special apps for the Logo-key. Though the default apps like gmail <span class="gdbbx-bbcode-underline" style="text-decoration: underline;">is clearly not optimized for landscape</span> well, there ARE third party apps that does work well in landscape and with keyboard. So why try to re-invent he wheel? IMHO a waste of their development money… The chance of it being better than say K9 I see as minimal – but of course they might prove me wrong. And sure just about ANYTHING will be better than Google’s calendar, that is a disgrace, only offering day-overview in landscape?!?!?

I would somehow like the see some resources in the keyboard-control area. omnisearch-launcher etc (there are enough other threads). Sure a third party app would be great, but I don't see that happen out of obvious reasons.

Hi, I am currently using Blackberry Keyone, (It was the only available option to jump from my sinking Samsung Relay(s).

Not very fond of Keyone keyboard, as it’s too small for by big hands!

Anyway, what I really like is the security available on this BB device with couple of inbuilt apps like “Password Keeper” to store usernames and passwords of various websites and “Locker” to store confidential data/ pics etc.

Will any such similar options/ apps be made available for Pro1? I don’t trust 3rd party apps..

I have already paid for my Pro1 and eagerly looking forward to it’s shipment by mid Sep!

Cheers!

U should try keepass with auto filling plugin. nsa cant hack this.

The BlackBerry Password Keeper is available via the Google Play Store along with most (if not all) of their lineup; once you receive your device, you can download, login, and probably pick up right where you left off:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackberry.passwordkeeper

Hope it works!

This is cool. Developer is Blackberry Limited, Ontario, Canada. So very reliable!

From Play Store:

"If you don't have a BlackBerry device:

You can use this app on your Android device absolutely free for 30 days. After that, you can continue using the app for free, with some ads. To remove ads and unlock access to more apps, subscribe to BlackBerry Hub+ from the app."

Any suggestions for a good "Locker" app"?

From Play Store:

“If you don’t have a BlackBerry device:

You can use this app on your Android device absolutely free for 30 days. After that, you can continue using the app for free, with some ads. To remove ads and unlock access to more apps, subscribe to BlackBerry Hub+ from the app.”

Any suggestions for a good “Locker” app”?

If you like an trust the BB app, why not just pay?

From Play Store:

You can use this app on your Android device absolutely free for 30 days. After that, you can continue using the app for free, with some ads. To remove ads and unlock access to more apps, subscribe to BlackBerry Hub+ from the app.”

I have to 100% agree with this. You already use and trust an app continue using it! I think its $1 a month to remove the adverts but it the hub+ subscription it includes all of the blackberry apps. I know i'll be paying for it I love the inbox system :)

From Play Store:

Yes, I can subscribe/ pay for the Blackberry Hub+, but I don't think it includes the "Locker"

From Play Store:

Yes, I can subscribe/ pay for the Blackberry Hub+, but I don’t think it includes the “Locker”

But is that not what it says in the quote? 30 days free, and then you have to buy the (larger) Hub+ package to continue using it without ads.

From Play Store:

Yes, I can subscribe/ pay for the Blackberry Hub+, but I don’t think it includes the “Locker”

But is that not what it says in the quote? 30 days free, and then you have to buy the (larger) Hub+ package to continue using it without ads.

As per the following website Hub+ suite does not seem to include "Locker". It may only include Password Keeper, Hub, Calendar, Launcher, Device Search, Tasks and Contacts. Will see how it goes.

As per the following website Hub+ suite does not seem to include “Locker”. It may only include Password Keeper, Hub, Calendar, Launcher, Device Search, Tasks and Contacts. Will see how it goes.

Ah sorry, I thought "Locker" was the password app. Must admit I never used any of their HUB stuff. (The only BB stuff I used was their nice keyboard software and DTEK)