Happy Thanksgiving!

For those of you in the United States, (all three of us lol) this is a day we set aside nationally to focus on the things for which we are thankful. Traditionally, it is a day to give thanks to God for the blessings we have received personally and nationally, and that is how I celebrate it. However, this post is not specifically about the American holiday or how anyone observes it; rather, it is about a thought process spawned by the holiday.

Since I'm thinking about being thankful, I'm thankful that @Waxberry and crew took the time, spent the treasure, and made the effort to make the Pro1 a reality. I'm thankful that @Erik has been helping him do it, and also helping to calm the ravening beasts hungry for the finished product. I'm thankful for @EskeRahn and the other beta testers who provided valuable information to the developers, and also valuable information and support to the curious and those who are now enjoying their devices.

I'm thankful that the ship of F(x)tec has sailed on in spite of setbacks from vendors, setbacks from governments, and setbacks from demoralized customers. I'm thankful that the never-say-die attitude has prevailed, and it looks like F(x)tec is here for the long haul. I'm thankful that the phone of my dreams will arrive by Christmas (hopefully), but while we're at it I'm also thankful for a Droid 4 which still works well thanks to the good people at LineageOS, so I don't feel like I'm starving to death while I'm waiting. I'm using it to post this.

Even if you're not celebrating today as a day of thanksgiving in your country, as most of the world does not, I hope we all take a moment to reflect on the things for which we are thankful. I was so personally thankful for F(x)tec and company that I thought I should say so. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8

As one of the 3 Americans here I have to say thank you 🤣 

But seriously F(x)tec, I too am thankful someone is daring to make a product like the Pro1. The fact that each one is made by hand is quite something. I work in an orthodontist laboratory, where we pretty much make most things by hand. Its not an entirely easy process bending wire to exactly the patient’s anatomy ... I can only think to imagine how hard it could be with such smaller parts for an epic sliding phone.

Either way I am still patiently waiting for my clack-tastic Pro1. Keep it up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

A big thanks to the F(x)tec folks from Europe also for making good phones a reality again :). And a thanks to the customs people who will from now on let the pallets of phones trough no questions asked 😂. And on a more general note I feel quite thankful and lucky that I can afford to buy one myself and hope that everyone who wants one can. And thanks to y'all for making this forum nice :).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Let me join the thanks. Especially to @Waxberry and all the crew for giving us what I have been waiting for, for so many years.

But also thank you to the community for all the -mostly- sensible input, to keep this an informative and fun place. and for reporting on the spammers to keep things clean.

I hope you all soon will get your devices too, and will help tracking down the last bugs when you do, so the Pro1 can become even better. And maybe even with some user requested features added.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I bet there are more than 3 Americans here, though maybe only 3 post often, me being one of them.  Thanks to FxTec and everyone here. I have learned so much waiting for this phone as I am not nearly as knowledgeable as most of the folks here.  It's great to have such a phone becoming available, but it's also great to have a community that supports it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you @silversolver for your kind words! We certainly cannot go this far without the kindness from supporters like you. Thank you!

We are also very very thankful for your support, patience and encouragement during the journey. 

Especially we are thankful for the trust and understandings community given us, in the time when things did not move as expected. Sometimes the easiest part of the process can cause issues, and unexpected accidents. But every time when it happens, we are grateful to have you on our back and encourage us to solve them. This means a lot to our team and this keeps us moving.

I also want to thank to our partners who helped us along the journey. The product we are making is not the level that every general suppliers can do, and the higher the standard, the less partners we can choose from. (Like the slider parts). I am grateful for our small team we got some support who previously only provided to big brands, and have kept our little dream alive!

I wanted to thank everyone at team FX who fought strong along the journey and we created something different altogether. And we wanted to thank the community who also helped us on testing, reports, OS development, you are all the heroes!

Thank you everyone!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7