Jump to content

Recommended Posts


Dear Reader(s),

I love to buy a new keyboard phone as my trusted Blackberry PRIV is slowly comming to its end.
I am starting to look out for a PRO1 or a Blackberry again. I would not be surprissed if both PRO1 and Blackberry are presenting a ( new ) Android 10 model any time soon.

To be honnest, I would be terribly disappointed if I buy the current PRO1 ( Android 9 ) and within 6 months or so the PRO1 is shipped with Android 10 ( as I hope my Blackberry able me to wait ).

Therefore I like to ask the following:
 
- When will the PRO1 be shipped with Android 10 ?!
- Will there be a new model keyboard phone be presented by Fxtec in 2020 ?


Thank you kindly

Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll be able to upgrade the Pro1 to 10 once that version is available. You will not need to buy a different device. Software support is one of the huge advantages of the Pro1. You'll be able to run a custom ROM such as LineageOS (who is already developing for Pro1) and the factory firmware is receiving updates as well.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vrijland said:

- When will the PRO1 be shipped with Android 10 ?!
- Will there be a new model keyboard phone be presented by Fxtec in 2020 ?

Additionally what @silversolver wrote, I am not expect a new model coming in 2020 - maybe in 2021, but I know absolutely nothing about it.

Currently I feel it worth buying the current model, however, I still not received my phone yet.

...but first of all, they have to sell as many of this device as they can, then, if people like their device, they may think on design another phone(s) - that is why I think they may show something earliest in 2021 and it also means it does not worth waiting their next device (also not for them and also not for their users) - simply because they need the success of Pro1 to build any successors later.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VaZso said:

Additionally what @silversolver wrote, I am not expect a new model coming in 2020 - maybe in 2021, but I know absolutely nothing about it.

Currently I feel it worth buying the current model, however, I still not received my phone yet.

...but first of all, they have to sell as many of this device as they can, then, if people like their device, they may think on design another phone(s) - that is why I think they may show something earliest in 2021 and it also means it does not worth waiting their next device (also not for them and also not for their users) - simply because they need the success of Pro1 to build any successors later.

There's no time like the present to give yourself the present of a Pro1. :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kontakt said:

The issue is userdata ...

I did not answer to you. I was just talking about how to get Android 10 even without official update.

But to you scenario I have to say that it does not affect to Pro1. The requirement is only for new devices shipping with Android 10.

"New devices running Android 10 and higher must use file-based encryption."

It is the same thing that new devices with Android Oreo 8.0 had to support Treble but if the device was only updated to Oreo Treble support was not neccessary.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Dear all,


Thank you all for responding to my questions.

But dear me, I literally do not know what you are writting   😉

I am not a technical person at all. I am a person that uses his phone in a very pratical and simple way. I power up my phone and use Whatsapp, Email, Road navigation and check the weather for showers when I go out. And I am afraid thats all.

And yes, I love using keyboard phones.
That is why I ( possibly ) like to order a PRO1 with Android 10 pre-installed on it.

And if there are much welcomed future software updates ( android and others updates ), all I knowledge wise can do is click YES on the presented 'would-you-like-to-install-this-x update' pop-up.

To be honnest, I have become a little shy now for the PRO1, because of my lack of knowledge in updating ( and using ? ) the thing.
All I want is a fully Android 10 keyboard phone which is easy to use and updated with a single click.
 

Thank you for reading

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vrijland said:

 

Dear all,


Thank you all for responding to my questions.

But dear me, I literally do not know what you are writting   😉

I am not a technical person at all. I am a person that uses his phone in a very pratical and simple way. I power up my phone and use Whatsapp, Email, Road navigation and check the weather for showers when I go out. And I am afraid thats all.

And yes, I love using keyboard phones.
That is why I ( possibly ) like to order a PRO1 with Android 10 pre-installed on it.

And if there are much welcomed future software updates ( android and others updates ), all I knowledge wise can do is click YES on the presented 'would-you-like-to-install-this-x update' pop-up.

To be honnest, I have become a little shy now for the PRO1, because of my lack of knowledge in updating ( and using ? ) the thing.
All I want is a fully Android 10 keyboard phone which is easy to use and updated with a single click.
 

Thank you for reading

 

Android 10 update is coming later to Pro1 via OTA so you are able to just click the notification and update. No worries! 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Vrijland said:

 

Dear all,


Thank you all for responding to my questions.

But dear me, I literally do not know what you are writting   😉

I am not a technical person at all. I am a person that uses his phone in a very pratical and simple way. I power up my phone and use Whatsapp, Email, Road navigation and check the weather for showers when I go out. And I am afraid thats all.

And yes, I love using keyboard phones.
That is why I ( possibly ) like to order a PRO1 with Android 10 pre-installed on it.

And if there are much welcomed future software updates ( android and others updates ), all I knowledge wise can do is click YES on the presented 'would-you-like-to-install-this-x update' pop-up.

To be honnest, I have become a little shy now for the PRO1, because of my lack of knowledge in updating ( and using ? ) the thing.
All I want is a fully Android 10 keyboard phone which is easy to use and updated with a single click.
 

Thank you for reading

 

There are a lot of technical discussions going on in the forums but don't let that scare you they are just advanced usage scenarios. 

For what you want the device for it would be like buying any new phone just switch on and use as usual.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

And those tasks you suggest can be accomplished just fine with Android 9, surprisingly enough, until Android 10 is released as an update, at which time you'll probably wonder why you cared because you'll still be able to accomplish the same tasks.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms