Day 1 questions and issues

Does the slider ever get easier to open like can you do it with one hand? Mine doesn't slide so much as a I have to use both hands to be able to lift the screen off the keyboard. It may be the most awkward keyboard phone I have ever used.

Is there a double tap to wake option I have missed somewhere?

Anyone found an option in the launcher to change to the "app tray" button instead of the slide gesture to get your full app list?

1  Yes, the slider gets easier and you end up being able to do it one handed.  There are discussions of this here including videos.

2. DDtW has been temporarily disabled to work out a bug.

3. Go to Settings, system,gestures and turn off Swipe up on home button.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
1 minute ago, Hook said:

1  Yes, the slider gets easier and you end up being able to do it one handed.  There are discussions of this here including videos.

2. DDtW has been temporarily disabled to work out a bug.

Thank you 

Thank you

That didn't do quite what I was looking for but its significantly better, Thank you

• Like 1

I don't think my phone itself has changed at all at this, but for me opening it went from being quite a fiddle to something that just happens without thinking over time (approx a week or so). I can do it one-handed easily enough but since I type with both hands I often use both. I did also take some time to slowly open and close repeatedly figuring out what's the best approach for me.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Combat Wombat said:

Anyone found an option in the launcher to change to the "app tray" button instead of the slide gesture to get your full app list?

7 minutes ago, Combat Wombat said:

That didn't do quite what I was looking for but its significantly better, Thank you

I haven't tried it, but you can try this:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sagrcasm.drawer

16 minutes ago, Combat Wombat said:

Thank you 

Thank you

Sorry.  I've used Nova Launcher for so long, I always forget the app drawer button is not part of Android.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Hook said:

I wonder if there is a keyboard shortcut to get and stay on app switching view. Single Alt+Tap just switches to previous app, 'continuous' Alt+Tab cycles apps. Would be nice to get to app switching view with a key (or combo) and then scroll apps with arrow keys and selecting again with key. 

I've had mine a month and a half, I'm much better at it now, but still find it awkward and difficult.  I can close it one handed no problem, but opening isn't something I try very often and I can do it, but haven't practiced that.  I certainly never had an issue sliding my photon q, in fact cuz I had slide set to unlock automatically, even when I wanted to use in portrait I'd open/close the slider as I found that quicker.  I can't see Pro¹ ever being that easy.

• Sad 2
31 minutes ago, Craig said:

I've had mine a month and a half, I'm much better at it now, but still find it awkward and difficult.  I can close it one handed no problem, but opening isn't something I try very often and I can do it, but haven't practiced that.  I certainly never had an issue sliding my photon q, in fact cuz I had slide set to unlock automatically, even when I wanted to use in portrait I'd open/close the slider as I found that quicker.  I can't see Pro¹ ever being that easy.

The issue is that this strictly ISN'T a "slider". The screen flies like a Dolphin out of the water more than a boat sailing on the surface.

And it is so incredible contra-intuitive that we shall NOT just push in a straight line along the keyboard.

I remember people had exactly the same problems when Nokia had e.g. the N97.

And the crazy thing is that once the fingers 'learnt it', you can not imagine how it was ever complicated. Like riding a bike.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I haven't played with my phone much yet, but between lifting at the top, pushing down and then up at the bottom, or lifting at the bottom, I find that lifting at the bottom is easiest.  It does fly like a dolphin out of the water in more ways than one!  (not just the down+up, but also fast and with power!)

• Like 1