There have been some people who have purchased replacement screens for the Elephone U/U Pro (which is the same screen the Pro1 uses) from chinese suppliers and had issues with green lines (or other colored lines in some cases).  It didn't look exactly like your situation, but is related, so I'm posting for added info.

U237a0f194dd74b7294fdec6b2f1ddba2r.jpg

• Like 2
7 hours ago, david said:

There have been some people who have purchased replacement screens for the Elephone U/U Pro (which is the same screen the Pro1 uses) from chinese suppliers and had issues with green lines (or other colored lines in some cases).  It didn't look exactly like your situation, but is related, so I'm posting for added info.

Unfortunately we do not know if those bugs are relate to defective display OR they require some special caution when installing a display that just MIGHT not have been known to the one replacing the display. Of course optimally neither of those happened, but just saying that we d not know (yet?)
I also saw in a aliexpress listing that the display exists with the same primary number in (at the least) three versions that looks slightly different at the back.
EDIT: Reflection of a phone used for images

Hb07d0962a95d48be93acde29472883080[1].jpg

What is different between those 3?  I didn't spend too long looking, but I didn't spot it.

And agreed about not knowing if it was the installation or the screen itself, but there is something about the variables involved that did result in issues with lines.

7 hours ago, david said:

What is different between those 3?  I didn't spend too long looking, but I didn't spot it.

The image shows then ordered by the number in he first line, could be serial could be variant number.

The second looks like there is something slightly thicker in the lower left quarter. And If they changed to that and back, I guess there might be other differences too. The first and third I can not spot either, except the way the foil folds around the components - but the last could be specimen variation, and mean nothing

EDIT: I was wrong. Reflection of a phone used for images

3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

The image shows then ordered by the number in he first line, could be serial could be variant number.

I saw the top numbers were different, but I just assumed that was the serial number.

3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

The second looks like there is something slightly thicker in the lower left quarter. And If they changed to that and back, I guess there might be other differences too. The first and third I can not spot either, except the way the foil folds around the components - but the last could be specimen variation, and mean nothing

Are you sure it isn't the reflection of the hand and camera of the person taking the picture that you are seeing?  When I looked at it further away at first, I thought it was bulged too, but then I zoomed in.  I thought maybe the foil differences were just the light hitting them differently.  They seem to have the same shapes under them.  And like you said, the foil could have just been pressed differently, even if what is under them is identical.  

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, david said:

Are you sure it isn't the reflection of the hand and camera of the person taking the picture that you are seeing?

Oh you are right, we can actually see the fingers also holding a mobile. Would never have imagined they did not use a real camera 🤣

• Like 2

Any influence on the display when opening/closing the pro1 slowly and turning the display off and on on different opening levels?

It´s mandatory to turn off the display and reawake the phone after each movement of the slider. 

Maybe you´ll get a working image doing that to troubleshoot the flex cable, it´s connection, or the screen itself.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To give hope, we had a user on discord with a prominent pink line over the display.
He got sent a new display unit with in ~2weeks.
It was straight forward to change with only the screws to remove on the backside of the display.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If this happened after warranty I'd recommend checking the display cable which could have gone loose (or wasn't secured sufficiently in the first place). But I guess this would void your warranty so don't open the device yourself unless you're told so.

I know, I'm a big help!

Edited by SchattengestaIt
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
19 hours ago, Noir said:

Any influence on the display when opening/closing the pro1 slowly and turning the display off and on on different opening levels?

It´s mandatory to turn off the display and reawake the phone after each movement of the slider. 

Maybe you´ll get a working image doing that to troubleshoot the flex cable, it´s connection, or the screen itself.. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried turning on/off the phone at various positions between opened and closed and it did not make a difference. Perhaps it is the ribbon cable, but I'm not going to mess with trying to take it apart and test. I'll wait for support to get back with me.

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...
On 1/29/2020 at 7:47 AM, kBPkH4r2VcQXmOX9PBq3 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried turning on/off the phone at various positions between opened and closed and it did not make a difference. Perhaps it is the ribbon cable, but I'm not going to mess with trying to take it apart and test. I'll wait for support to get back with me.

Any update on this issue?  I'm now having the same problem.