Where am I going wrong ???

I have had my handset a couple of weeks, and slowly transferring information and apps ready to use. However, I have run into a couple of issues that I could do with some guidance to resolve.

NO MUSIC PLAYER

I cannot find a music player (out of the box), to play my audio files. I have found MusicFX  app on the phone but no way to open it. I can force a stop / or disable it. Because of this I am assuming its just a system sound controller, and not a useable app.

Which Audio player is meant to be installed? or which one is recommended but advert free?

NO ? FROM PHYSICAL KEYBOARD

With the physical keyboard having a US layout how do I enter a £ sign ?

The P Key has the yellow "/"  how do get this symbol ?

The L Key has the yellow "?"  how do get this symbol ?

On a standard UK key layout both of these symbols are on the same key,  So PLEASE how do I get these to work on the physical keyboard??

1. You should be able to listen to your own music files form the Play Music app pre-installed on your device.

2. There's only QWERTY or QWERTZ. QWERTY is used by all English speaking nations, as US English is the internationally accepted layout.

- The pound sign is coming as a software update in the future.

- The / and ? symbols can be input by combining them with the yellow arrow keys next to Ctrl.

on 1) I've been quite fond of VLC, and it works on the Pro1 too.

on 2) You most likely have selected "US qwerty", the odd thing is that you shouldn't! De-select ALL tick-boxes to use stock F(x)tex qwerty.
YES it is odd, but if you do it acts as Erik writes above, and the symbol over the numbers then needs the arrow and not Shift.

You might want to have a look at the free open source project FinQWERTY that offers an extended keyboard experience over the stock one, not installing any fancy stuff, 'just' offering improved key-mappings. E.g. both the yellow arrow and shifts give access to the symbols.

• Thanks 3

Thanks for getting back to me, Play Music wasn't installed, it is now. so thank you

However the keyboard issue is still causing me some confusion If I set it to English (UK)  Key 3 will give a £ but I can't then get a # key?

Any language  / keyboard setting I use, I can not get  / or ? on the screen regardless of using either yellow arrow key.

any further thoughts?

Okay, I have work a rounds for all of the above. But know I have camera questions?

Is there an easy way to put the flash on permanently (torch) to light a shot?

when the camera is activated via the side shutter button, it loads the camera but when you take a picture it doesn't confirm the picture by showing in in a small circle in the bottom right hand corner. However, it does when the camera is loaded  direct from the app. Is this a problem that is being fixed with an update or do I need to change settings.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well a week in and all is going well, until yesterday when I discovered an issue with using the BBC Sounds app. for some reason downloaded or streaming material initially plays fine but then develops a crackle/static noise when using  listening. It's the strangest issue because it is not constant I can be listening and anything from 30 seconds to 3 mins in it just develops this interference noise. I have reinstalled the app but with no change. could someone else please just try the app and see if they are experiencing any similar issues.

Thanks

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, DC said:

Well a week in and all is going well, until yesterday when I discovered an issue with using the BBC Sounds app. for some reason downloaded or streaming material initially plays fine but then develops a crackle/static noise when using  listening. It's the strangest issue because it is not constant I can be listening and anything from 30 seconds to 3 mins in it just develops this interference noise. I have reinstalled the app but with no change. could someone else please just try the app and see if they are experiencing any similar issues.

Thanks

Its a known issue 😞some apps get this problem.  See here for more info there is also a solution to it but read thead first 

Edited by _DW_
  • Thanks 1