Dbrand is bringing their teardown skins back. Click here to help make Pro1 skins a possibility.

3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

We really should have two and a half foils!!

One for the back, one for the under side of the display, and one for the top of the lower part behind the keyboard.... But I guess that would be slightly overkill....

Doesn't really make sense to me.  Why would I put a skin over the screws I might want access to?  The purpose of the skin (to me) is to give some texture to the back of the phone as you are holding it.

I picked up the Huawei  P20  Pro skin but it doesn't quite work.  The Camera cutout is not quite in the right place so that the skin overhangs one side.  I'll need to get out my metal rule and do an art experiment to trim it.  😉

Edited by Hook
14 minutes ago, Hook said:

Doesn't really make sense to me. 

The point of a "teardown" skin over another skin is that it looks like you can peep into it.... So to improve the illusion you should be able to 'look in' everywhere.

If you want that AND easy access to the screws, well then the foil would need cut outs for the screw-stickers and screw image-stickers on top of the stickers hiding the screws....

Oh, LOL, I should have Googled "Teardown Skins."  Never heard of them-- I mistakenly thought we were just talking Dbrand skins.    No,  I don't want one of these, but maybe if they make one for the Pro1, they'll use the specs to make a regular skin. 🙄

31 minutes ago, Hook said:

Oh, LOL, I should have Googled "Teardown Skins."  Never heard of them-- I mistakenly thought we were just talking Dbrand skins.    No,  I don't want one of these, but maybe if they make one for the Pro1, they'll use the specs to make a regular skin. 🙄

I saw in the long case thread @wilhelmfitzpatrick has fitted a carbon fibre skin for a note 10, and it looked quite good.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ToniCipriani said:

They'll just laugh at you. Happened to BlackBerry, happened to Nokia when they were tweeted.

This company is run by a bunch of a-holes which think this kind of marketing is funny.

Just curious.  Are they a-holes because they only want to support mainstream phones with a large enough customer base to be profitable or are they actually a-holes?  😉

• Like 2

theyd have to sell a hell of a lot of skins to justify the cost of pro1 if they're doing it for profit, even if they have like 90percent gross margin.  like every other owner would have to buy one :)  So let's hope they're not in it for the money.

Edited by Craig
On 2/10/2020 at 11:25 PM, Hook said:

Just curious.  Are they a-holes because they only want to support mainstream phones with a large enough customer base to be profitable or are they actually a-holes?  😉

Just go through their Twitter and you be the judge.

There's a difference between refusing business professionally or just responding like a bunch of high-school kids.

Edited by ToniCipriani