Double tap to wake screen?

19 minutes ago, KingOfTerrible said:

Is this possible on the pro1?  I don't see it anywhere in the settings.  I have this functionality on my Priv and my Samsung tablet.

It looks like pressing the power button or fingerprint would be the only ways currently?

It has been disabled because of some problems it created.  They are working on it. Don't know time scale,  With the phone closed, yeah, power button or fingerprints.  With FinQwerty (not to sound like a broken record) the Sym key will wake.  I know the default keyboard started out with the Esc key being wake, but I'm not sure that didn't go away later.  Been too long since I used the default layout so I'm fuzzy on some things.

• Thanks 2
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/1/2022 at 8:40 PM, Craig said:

Wake on keypress not working on stock Pro¹-x for me either.

I've been looking all over for how I made the esc key turn on the screen on my Pro1, because I wanted to do this on my Pro1X too.  So the reality is the esc key turning on the screen was a built in feature for the Pro1, but went missing with the Pro1X?

Has anyone found a way to do it?  I'm guessing we'd need a way to map the Esc key to the same input provided by the Power button?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 12:24 AM, david said:

Has anyone found a way to do it? 

What I've done is program MacroDroid with the 'Shake' trigger and an IF/ELSE clause. Now a slightly positive shake toggles the screen either On or Off, depending on it's current status.  I had it waking based on the Prox.sensor previously but this needed two macros, & was definitely battery hungry. I'm hoping the 'Shake' trigger will be less of a power drain; I defo find it easier & more intuitive to use.

Screenshot_20230705-184826~2.png

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Tim6263 said:

I'm only a MacroDroid novice, but I don't think so, sorry.

Yeah, I installed it and tried to find a keypress action, but didn't see it.  I then went online and found the author saying he won't support it.

I then installed the Automate app.  I did manage to get it to see the escape key press and turn on the screen.....but only when the screen was already on.  It can't read keypresses when the screen is off. 😭   I also found out later that Automate apparently has the same conflict as Autoinput (reported by another user on the forums too), where it messes up the keyboard mapping.  I has to uninstall Automate to get the keyboard mapping to work correctly again.

You would think fxtec would have a checklist of all the features of the Pro1 and make sure they have all those things for the newer phone.  🤔😒

Oh, and I did play around with the shake gesture in Automate (haven't tried yet with MacroDroid).  It didn't want to work reliably when the screen is off.  It did state it would draw 0.125 amps to monitor for shake.  That doesn't seem *too* bad, if that is what MacDroid would draw too.

6 hours ago, david said:

Oh, and I did play around with the shake gesture in Automate (haven't tried yet with MacroDroid).  It didn't want to work reliably when the screen is off.  It did state it would draw 0.125 amps to monitor for shake.  That doesn't seem *too* bad, if that is what MacDroid would draw too.

To get MacroDroid working when the screen is off, you need to find Trigger Options in Settings. I also increased Sensitivity to 4. I find it pretty reliable now.

5 hours ago, TeZtdevice said:

indeed! I am using Key Mapper to 'correct' some of the seemingly incorrectly labelled keys, such as '?' '/' etc!! But I've no idea how to make this work with the screen off, let alone with the keyboard shut... But MacroDroid + Shake works fine for me.

Edited by Tim6263
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, Tim6263 said:

indeed! I am using Key Mapper to 'correct' some of the seemingly incorrectly labelled keys, such as '?' '/' etc!! But I've no idea how to make this work with the screen off, let alone with the keyboard shut... But MacroDroid + Shake works fine for me.

Does that mean Key Mapper doesn't work with the screen off?