Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I found the factory test mode.  It can be used to test all functions to determine whether the cell phone is working or not.

You can test eg Screen, Backlight, Touch, Sensors, Flashlight, camera... And more

!!!! But be careful there is an emergency call test !!!!!! 

 

To get there you go into the settings, about the phone and there click on the Android 9 button then a popup window appears.

Screenshot_20200214-080218.thumb.png.75190a870c94806e53287cef327cd7e8.png

If you now click on the build number you get a toast message that you should click 3 times quickly.  

Screenshot_20200214-080235.thumb.png.4be26a5b910afb95ab2edd77dd3c5b5b.png

Then the factory tool opens.  It is all in Chinese but if you go into the menus it is quite self-explanatory

Screenshot_20200214-080248.thumb.png.5ea09c53016fd96f5c84710546950a7c.png

 

 

Edited by Nighplyer32
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nighplyer32 said:

I found the factory test mode.  It can be used to test all functions to determine whether the cell phone is working or not.

You can test eg Screen, Backlight, Touch, Sensors, Flashlight, camera... And more

!!!! But be careful there is an emergency call test !!!!!!

That is the four glyphs long one no three after the GPS (after the battery and charger). It gives NO warning, but calls directly on click!!!

1607018506_Screenshot_20200214-11200701.png.c158ba87451ddaae84512b28cfca51a9.png

 

"Hall_a" is in keyboard half close to camera button,
"Hall_b" is in the display half, slightly above the volume rocker (ssn in portrait). I guess it is intended to detect a Flip-case closed!

  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...For those that want a short-cut, it is available as an activity also, that can be launched by some launchers directly, or by tools creating a short-cut for 'any' launcher.

1785521404_Screenshot_20200214-14571501.png.ee077d736d556daf08cb49acdf7f2727.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are my hero, @EskeRahn. I don't knoe what's wrong with it, but my display kept going to landscape. I turned auto-rotation off, but it still did. Turning off auto-landscape in Slider did the trick. Now whenever I type using the physical keyboard, I just rotate it manually (which is fine by me).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2020 at 2:51 PM, divstar said:

You are my hero, @EskeRahn. I don't knoe what's wrong with it, but my display kept going to landscape. I turned auto-rotation off, but it still did. Turning off auto-landscape in Slider did the trick. Now whenever I type using the physical keyboard, I just rotate it manually (which is fine by me).

Does everything else work fine? I think You may have the same problem I do - my phone kept switching to landscape mode until I switched off autorotation when hwkb open (slider section in settings). It's probably due to some hardware problem with the "hwkb open" sensor - at the beginning mine stopped switching back to portrait, then started to switch to landscape all by itself when lying on the desk untouched, then was permanently stuck in landscape until factory reset, which got it stuck in portrait. All problems were kinda resolved by turning the rotation with hwkb off, but then the swkb keeps popping up always when writing. 

I'm going to send my on a guarantee repair (it's waiting for it since beginning of January, but there were more important things in my private life) next week.

Edit: @EskeRahn could You show what what should the test look like? I run the test, but nothing happens when I flip the keyboard back and forth.

Edited by anonim001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anonim001 said:

Edit: @EskeRahn could You show what what should the test look like? I run the test, but nothing happens when I flip the keyboard back and forth.

The lines goes green when it see a change. That is line two light op after first opening-event, and line one after first closing-event

image.thumb.png.08d8482dade2c550ac690cf43cde9f72.png

If you do not see this you most likely have a hardware error. If you do see this, what you report is most likely a software issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing happens for me - both lines remain black after opening and closing, I tried a few times 😞 the backlight of the keyboard also does not turn on after opening. That would confirm the hardware issue I guess... I wanted to give it last chance and did a factory reset once again, but still nothing. I have just packed it with a ton of bubble wrap, small carton box and stretch foil, next week I'll try to send it back (I just started new job a 2 weeks ago, still moving to a different city so not much spare time to go to the post office...)

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, anonim001 said:

Nothing happens for me - both lines remain black after opening and closing, I tried a few times 😞 the backlight of the keyboard also does not turn on after opening. That would confirm the hardware issue I guess... I wanted to give it last chance and did a factory reset once again, but still nothing. I have just packed it with a ton of bubble wrap, small carton box and stretch foil, next week I'll try to send it back (I just started new job a 2 weeks ago, still moving to a different city so not much spare time to go to the post office...)

Let us hope you get a replacement or a fixed unit quickly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Here a version with my descriptions (and colouring) added

Great work!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I tapped the third one down in the list, nothing happened. Then 20 minutes later someone banged on my door. When I opened it there was a guy standing there with a take-away demanding £15. 😯

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms