• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started working on Fulguris Web Browser. It's primarily targeting F(x)tec Pro1. Now available on PlayStore for free.

Just published release v0.7.0.

Guess what, I just published release v0.7.1.

Posted Images

If start typing an address into url bar, and see 5 rows of suggestions, it is awkward to select one.  I tried down arrow and then press enter, but it instead searches for the few letters i'd typed (as if I hadn't moved down and highlighted something)...  

Ideally, enter should open the highlighted selection. 

The closest I've gotten is tab.  It opens the one below what is highlighted (unless you're on the very last one)...  Perhaps this is expected behavior for tab, so that while you are typing you can hit tab to automatically open the first suggestion (without moving down the list at all).

Edited by Craig
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Craig said:

Ideally, enter should open the highlighted selection.

Indeed, thanks for that feedback, I'll see what I can do about it.

Is there any list of working keyboard commands?

I know F11. But how bout to close a tab? Not ctrl-f4... a dunno what else to try or when to look...

When I played with chromium in sailfish Ubuntu chroot, I the coolest thing was all the normal keyboard shortcuts worked - cuz it was the desktop version of browser... a yet it still supported fingerscroll, etc. That kinda experience in Android would be cool and maybe can happen here...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Craig said:

Is there any list of working keyboard commands?

I know F11. But how bout to close a tab? Not ctrl-f4... a dunno what else to try or when to look...

When I played with chromium in sailfish Ubuntu chroot, I the coolest thing was all the normal keyboard shortcuts worked - cuz it was the desktop version of browser... a yet it still supported fingerscroll, etc. That kinda experience in Android would be cool and maybe can happen here...

Key  commands are listed on the overview tab on the website.

• Thanks 1

how bout zoom controls... override defaults... ctril- and ctril+

try viewing on phone w/o shrinking 

well wtf I can't evrn paste url fromm another tab and somehow I closed it trying to copy the url

ctrl+shift+T doesn't bring tab back

edit: something is definitely fucked up just trying to copy/paste a URL from a tab to a msg, something so basic is really annoying me

afterthoughts: I think why chromium/chroot/sfos is so good on pro is cuz it's real desktop version, not mobile version, so includes all keyboard commands + the finger scroll and pinch stuff.   even Firefox Android thinks it's on a tablet under lineage so almost like desktop version and normal kbd commands mostly work. 

Edited by Craig
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Craig said:

That kinda experience in Android would be cool and maybe can happen here...

That's the idea. Hopefully we will get there given enough time.

56 minutes ago, Craig said:

How about F5?

I too was wondering why is this one still missing. In fact, it's currently Ctrl+R because on stock F5 turns off keyboard backlight.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Craig said:

For now, perhaps figure out why it's impossible to copy a URL from address bar.

It is possible but you need to edit the address bar by tapping on it. Doing F11 will leave the display title in rather than the URL. I ought to fix this too.

Edited by Slion
8 minutes ago, Craig said:

But if you can build as desktop instead of mobile, that'll improve lots.

Fulguris is not based on Chrome code base. Though it is still using it indirectly through WebView.

40 minutes ago, Craig said:

For now, perhaps figure out why it's impossible to copy a URL from address bar. 

To workaround this issue you can go to Advanced settings and change URL box contents to URL.

5 hours ago, Slion said:

I too was wondering why is this one still missing. In fact, it's currently Ctrl+R because on stock F5 turns off keyboard backlight.

Let us hope an update maps stuff like those to some more odd an unlikely key-combos.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is by design...

When I use fulguris to open a web link from another app, it opens fulguris to my previous tab, with the link I just opened in another tab I have to switch to manually.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Craig said:

I'm not sure if this is by design...

When I use fulguris to open a web link from another app, it opens fulguris to my previous tab, with the link I just opened in another tab I have to switch to manually.

That's a known issue.

Edited by Slion
On 5/22/2020 at 6:56 PM, Slion said:

Just published release v0.8.1.

@hermite This version notably adds auto-update checks much like F-Droid does. Whenever there is a new version available it will notify you.

When using f-droid I don't have to manually update anything, the updates are just fetched along all the other app updates. I don't even have to click these silly confirmations because I'm running the privileged extension.

• Like 1

Just published release v0.8.8

That one should please users not using full screen gesture navigation as it is now possible to unlock tabs and bookmarks drawers from Look & Feel settings.
Also improved text size adjustment shortcuts.

• Thanks 1