38 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

Just for the record, on my Moto Z3 Play it seems Fulguris registers itself as 'Lightning' (so it may be you have to choose 'Lightning' to open something with)!

Odd, I'm not seeing this.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started working on Fulguris Web Browser. It's primarily targeting F(x)tec Pro1. Now available on PlayStore for free.

Just published release v0.7.0.

Guess what, I just published release v0.7.1.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Slion said:

@Hook Using File Manager + I was able to open a TXT file in Fulguris. I'm assuming you should be able to do the same with an HTML file. Other file explorer would probably let you do that too.

In FM+ I needed to navigate to the file to open, long press, tap more and select 'open with' then select Fulguris. Then I was prompted to install a plug-in to support file URI which I did, Voilà! That easy 🤣 Thankfully you only need to do that once. You should be able to bookmark it from there.

I wonder what happens if you type manually the file URI in Fulguris? Would it prompt to install that plug-in too and open it?

This worked.  I use Root Explorer and I hadn't tried the long press.  When you tap it, it offers a small set of apps to open it with including, in my case, Firefox and Chrome, but not Fulguris.  But when I long press and do open with, I get a very rich set of choices, including all apps.  I was able to open with Fulguris and then make a bookmark to the file, which works great. 👌

2 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Just for the record, on my Moto Z3 Play it seems Fulguris registers itself as 'Lightning' (so it may be you have to choose 'Lightning' to open something with)!

Not on my Pro1.  Shows up as Fulguris, not Lightning.  But thanks for the tip!  🙂

• Like 1

So, I'm curious.  where does the name of this browser come from. It could be related to fulgurite, there's a battery company called Fulguris and I also think it's also the name of a pokemon in some localities.  😀

• Haha 2
54 minutes ago, Hook said:

So, I'm curious.  where does the name of this browser come from. It could be related to fulgurite, there's a battery company called Fulguris and I also think it's also the name of a pokemon in some localities.  😀

It's basically lightning in Latin. Actually "of lightning", since it is a fork of the excellent Lightning browser, see home page.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just published release v0.3.0 introducing persistent recent tab list enabling proper CTRL+TAB behaviour.
If you do not use CTRL+TAB much you probably won't notice any difference other than after closing and reopening the app it shows the tab you were on rather than the last tab in the list.

This one may not sound like much but it was actually rather tricky to implement so watch out for bugs. In case of trouble you can always download previous versions.

• Thanks 2
18 hours ago, Slion said:

Just published release v0.3.0 introducing persistent recent tab list enabling proper CTRL+TAB behaviour.
If you do not use CTRL+TAB much you probably won't notice any difference other than after closing and reopening the app it shows the tab you were on rather than the last tab in the list.

This one may not sound like much but it was actually rather tricky to implement so watch out for bugs. In case of trouble you can always download previous versions.

Working fine so far.  I have now made Fuguris my default browser, I am so happy with it.  Thanks again for your continuing work.

• Like 1

Just published release v0.4.0.

Those new changes are designed to minimise the number of times you need to explicitly open a new tab.
Tip to reopen a tab you just closed: long press on the + new tab button.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello Slion,

Thanks for working on this browser. I like how you are trying to make it function well on the Pro1.  I have been using it for a week now and happy so far!

I obviously like the wide screen on the Pro1 and it makes longreads easier on a phone. I read longer articles for my work and for hobby projects. Pressing the cursor down button is a way to scroll down the the page and through the text. It got me wondering about an auto-scroll function. I have tried seperate apps and addons-in-firefox, but they dont seem to work. Hence my question: is it possible to add a simple auto-scroll function the Fulgaris browser? What ever the answer, thanks again for your work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, EL Duderachi said:

is it possible to add a simple auto-scroll function the Fulgaris browser?

Sure it is possible. Will I do it in the near future? Probably not. I still have a lot of stuff to sort out before the first Play Store release.
What do you mean exactly by auto-scroll? How do you see it working?

Many thanks for the feedback.

Edited by Slion

I fully understand it would not be your priority. Thanks for engaging the idea though.

When a user stumbles upon a longread, user goes into menu and activates autoscroll function, maybe in a tickbox. This opens a box where a speed may be entered ( 1 - 10, 1=slow) and saved.
This starts the auto-scroll on the page. It is still possible to swipe up or down on page. Autoscroll turns off automatically when user leaves page. That would maybe be the simplest way?

Although, since we are talking about the Pro1 here...
Maybe hitting Space could pause/resume autoscroll.
Maybe the Left button could slow the speed down.
Maybe the right button could make autoscroll faster.
Using the up button might overrule autoscroll for a moment and move page back up.
Using the down button might overrule autoscroll for a moment and move pahe further down.

I have No programming skills, so no idea how hard this would be to do!

Thanks again.

• Like 2

@EL Duderachi Thanks for sharing your auto-scroll idea here.

Sounds like a time based scroll with adjustable constant speed. Looks like a lot of trouble for very little functional gain to me, so definitely not a priority at this stage. I mean you can just hit page down using Fn+Down with Fx Qwerty at least. However the cool factor is undeniable so who knows one day I may get around doing it. 

An alternative solution would be scrolling using accelerometer sensor I guess. Thus you don't even have to lift a finger to scroll. However that could be really tricky to get right too.

Edited by Slion
5 minutes ago, Slion said:

I mean you can just hit page down using Fn+Down with Fx Qwerty

Tips: Fn+Left or Right does line begin and line end which brings you to the top or bottom of a web page.

I'm not sure if stock keyboard does that too.

2 hours ago, Craig said:

Alt+D would be nice to put cursor in address bar (like desktop browser).

Which desktop browser?

Alt is usually a bad idea for application level shortcuts on Pro1.
Fx Qwerty is notably using it to access international characters.
The default application level shortcut modifier should be Ctrl.
Then why D?

Anyway at some point I should implement customisable keyboard shortcuts rather than just hard code them but it will be a while until I get there.

Edited by Slion
39 minutes ago, Slion said:

Which desktop browser?

Firefox.   Chrome.  Epiphany.  Probably every browser ever, cuz I've been using it as long as I can remember so probably even IE, but those are the only ones I have currently installed to test it with.

Is there some other keyboard shortcut to get there?  I can adapt if there's another way....

But I didnt know you used alt for int'l characters in FxQwerty.  Even if android apps don't typically use alt for shortcuts (which I didnt know), it would probably interfere with application shortcuts in dosbox and vnc, etc....The normal android keymaps use right-alt, which fxtec doesn't give you on stock.  (on lineage its the sym key, hopefully stock does the same sometime soon...)   

Edited by Craig
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Craig said:

Firefox.   Chrome.  Epiphany.  Probably every browser ever, cuz I've been using it as long as I can remember so probably even IE, but those are the only ones I have installed to test.

Funny Vivaldi does not do it. Chrome does indeed.