Virtual keyboard not showing anymore

Looks like my Pro1 is stuck in a state where it thinks the physical keyboard is always present. The virtual keyboard won't show up anymore. 

Rebooting fixed it.

Edited by Slion

i have the same problem since i charged it yesterday,
on top of the keyboard not showing the phone it wants to display all apps in widescreen modem even if i press the "rotate screen" icon numerous times,
and not all aps are viable on widescreen..

multiple rebootings did not help yet.

does somebody have an idea?

• Like 1
On 4/13/2020 at 5:59 PM, Craig said:

Sounds like you have a warranty issue.  But as a workaround you could use a rotation control app to force portrait when needed.

I am not sure.It might be a Hardware issue, but it might be a Software error.
A reset might fix it, but I don't want to go through all the trouble of resetting my phone right now.
It nothing helps, I  have to do that  - or just live with the current state.

Here is what I tried so far:

I found a setting in the preferences under "Slider" called "Landscape orientation Lock" which was activated and I disabled it. (see Picture 1)
This worked fine for a while.

screenshot1.jpg

------------------
But now my problem is reversed and the virtual keyboard is ALWAYS displayed.
It doesn't matter if I turn the setting "Show Virtual Keyboard  if physical Keyboard is active" on or off.  (see Picture 2)

At the moment, using the Pro1 feels like driving an old beat-down car.. It kind of has its own life and you are always afraid it's gonna break down 🙄
(and like an old beat-down car.. I don't want any other than that... I want to keep my Pro1 😉 )

screenshot2.jpg

And in4b someone asks, I tried to switch it on and off again..and multiple reboots.  nothing did help so far. 🥺

PS: If it is important to know: I have a QWERTY slider and use the US layout (via FinQwerty). Android is set to the German language. Edge Null is active as well.

Edited by Shilor
formating the text and spelling.
On 4/16/2020 at 12:06 PM, Shilor said:

I am not sure.It might be a Hardware issue, but it might be a Software error.
A reset might fix it, but I don't want to go through all the trouble of resetting my phone right now.
It nothing helps, I  have to do that  - or just live with the current state.

Here is what I tried so far:

I found a setting in the preferences under "Slider" called "Landscape orientation Lock" which was activated and I disabled it. (see Picture 1)
This worked fine for a while.

screenshot1.jpg

------------------
But now my problem is reversed and the virtual keyboard is ALWAYS displayed.
It doesn't matter if I turn the setting "Show Virtual Keyboard  if physical Keyboard is active" on or off.  (see Picture 2)

At the moment, using the Pro1 feels like driving an old beat-down car.. It kind of has its own life and you are always afraid it's gonna break down 🙄
(and like an old beat-down car.. I don't want any other than that... I want to keep my Pro1 😉 )

screenshot2.jpg

And in4b someone asks, I tried to switch it on and off again..and multiple reboots.  nothing did help so far. 🥺

PS: If it is important to know: I have a QWERTY slider and use the US layout (via FinQwerty). Android is set to the German language. Edge Null is active as well.

I had exactly the same thing - run the hall sensor diagnostics and You will know if the problem is software or hardware, but looks like a hardware issue to me. You can try to push the housing here and there or gently twist the device back and forth, it worked for me for 1 day before becoming completely unresponsive to open/close.

Too bad they don't have any replacements on stock, so if You send Yours on warranty You'll end up being without a phone for... who knows how long, I'm already waiting almost 2 months and something tells me there are a few more weeks to go...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
On 4/17/2020 at 10:27 PM, anonim001 said:

run the hall sensor diagnostics and You will know if the problem is software or hardware,

Thank you, I will do that.

but would you mind telling me, where I can find that?

is it somewhere hidden in the settings, or is it an app i have to find?
I tried to find it but the search function has unfortunately yielded nothing.

Edited by Shilor
5 hours ago, Shilor said:

Thank you, I will do that.

but would you mind telling me, where I can find that?

is it somewhere hidden in the settings, or is it an app i have to find?
I tried to find it but the search function has unfortunately yielded nothing.

The one you are looking for is the fifth from the bottom just above the one with OTG. But look out for the emergency calls test!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 4/10/2020 at 7:09 PM, Slion said:

Looks like my Pro1 is stuck in a state where it thinks the physical keyboard is always present. The virtual keyboard won't show up anymore. 

Rebooting fixed it.

Have you tried the little keyboard icon and selecting gboard? only pops up when in a dialogue entry.

Screenshot_20200423-134715~2.png

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ahunter said:

Have you tried the little keyboard icon and selecting gboard? only pops up when in a dialogue entry.

I did not think of that one. I have hidden the navigation bar so that makes it less than obvious. Next time that happens I shall try it though. Enable nav bar and hit that button.

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2020 at 11:19 PM, Craig said:

wish there was a way to make it always appear whenever navbar present.  sometimes gotta start typing for it to appear.

Yes agree being there the whole time would be great. It is never present if text cursor is not active.

Edited by ahunter